Venice Airport/Port and Transportation Questions (merged)

Take a water taxi to terminal very exspensive plus lugging baggage off the water taxi. next option taxi.Or take Airport bus to bus terminal

cost 3 euros then 1 mile taxi to ship terminal. has any of you guys done this and what advice would you give me. also what is the Venice terminal like shops restaraunts ?? thank you Grumphy

You can take a land taxi direct from the airport to the cruise terminal.

Check out Venice Limo. Their website will let you make reservations and they will meet you at the airport with a sign.

There are no shops at the terminal.

We will be staying one extra nite in Venice ( May 8th) so we need to come up with a transfer from the hotel to Marco Polo Airport. Where can we get the airport taxi? This sounds good for us. We are already paying one way to Holland to get us to the ship on the 26th of April so that's all set. Anyone with info---let us know.
That would depend on where your hotel is in Venice. There are no vehicles on the island...You must get to Piazzle Roma where the buses and taxis are. That's why we stayed in Mestre (the mainland)

Take a water taxi to terminal very exspensive plus lugging baggage off the water taxi. next option taxi.Or take Airport bus to bus terminal

cost 3 euros then 1 mile taxi to ship terminal. has any of you guys done this and what advice would you give me. also what is the Venice terminal like shops restaraunts ?? thank you Grumphy

The Airport shuttle bus leaves every 30 minutes it has room for baggage yes 3 euros a bargain. now we find out the taxi to the ship terminal rip you off 20 euros for a mile trip.The cruise ships also drop there day trippers off here at the back of terminal. depending on your cruise company might be able to get a lift. keep posting this will sort out the best way Grumphy

We arrived in Venice last June and it took less than 1 hour to get our bags and get to a water taxi. It went very smoothly with lines moving quite quickly. You have to walk a little distance to the water taxis but we had not trouble doing the walk with our luggage. That includes our mother who is in her 80's. The water taxi is a great way to see Venice for the first, second or even third time, come to think about it!!

We will be arriving in Venice in May. Can you please provide more information on how to find the water taxis, what the fare was and where they take you?

Thanks

Last October we arrived on an international flight from Philly. There was no delay in having our passports stamped, nor in getting our luggage. We were out of the airport in about 45 minutes or so. We were however too tired from the trip to begin our exploration of Venice that afternoon as we had planned. Id really plan for something easy, maybe a vaporetto ride around the city. As background, we are both newly retired.

Hi kylea_s,

Can I ask what carrier you flew. We are booked on US-Airways out of Philly. It was a surprise to me that was a carrier that flew into Venice.

Thanks

We flew US Air to Venice last October as well. It took forever to take off - I think we waited almost two hours in line to be able to take off. Other than that flight was OK. The plane had some issues - wasn't overly clean and they don't actually give you much that is edible. Take some snacks with you.

There is a ferry from the airport that goes from the airport to St. Mark's Square. It takes approximately 45 minutes and is about 12 Euros per person. A water taxi would be over 100 Euros but will be quicker.I have done the ferry and it is fine.

Hi! Wondering if anyone would know if there are any cabs at the docks at Venice to go to the airport or is it a case having to pre-book a cab or private transfer the only way? Leaving Venice on the day of disinbarkment. Thanks for any help out there.:confused:

Check aliguana as they provide non stop service from the airport docks to st. marks for about 25euros a person. they also have service from st. marks to the docks. we plan on using them in may. i think their web page is http:http://www.aliguana.com

Hi have been doing home work but in reverse airport to docks.

Take ships shuttle bus to bus terminal Piazzale Roma. 2 minute ride some say you can walk it. There is a Air port shuttle bus takes you direct to airport 3 euros per person bargain. check it out in the marco polo airport web site its goverment run so its not a problem. the time table is there, about every 30 minutes.i think this where the cruise ships drop the passengers anyway.for there day trips to venice. if you find any aditional ways please let me no Grumphy

Are the above two ferries the same service?

I emailed the last one, Aliguana, and they tell me their cost is 12 Euro's pp so am thinking they might be? To get this service, is there much of a walk? Someone told me it is miles...lol

Thank you again!

You can take a land taxi direct from the airport to the cruise terminal.

Check out Venice Limo. Their website will let you make reservations and they will meet you at the airport with a sign.

There are no shops at the terminal.

What is the approximate cost of the limo from the airport to the terminal?

Thanks

Mike i think the airport water bus is a no go.its 12 euros to the end of line then you have to change to take you to the ship terminal another 6 euros this is per person.I watched a documentry on Venice. The water bus is the same as any bus but its in the water. people are standing and waiting to get off next stop.would you take suit cases on your local bus i don,t think so. Plus it takes about 1hr 40 mins. ok if you have a small carry bag.

PLAN A WATER TAXI 80 TO 100 EUROS

PLAN B AIRPORT WATER BUS 18 EUROS PER PERSON. LUGGAGE ??

PLAN C TAXI TO SHIP TERMINAL 35 EUROS TO 45 EUROS.

PLAN D AIRPORT BUS TO BUS TERMINAL 3 EUROS PER PERSON

GREAT IF CRUISE LINE HAVE SHUTTLE BUS WAITING TO TERMINAL.

IF NOT TAXI MAYBE 20 EUROS. SOME SAY YOU CAN WALK IT.

Back to you guys have a G/day. Grumphy

About how much would it cost to get to the airport in Venice to the ship? We have transfers that also include a transfer from the ship to the airport but we will be spending an extra day in Barcelona post cruise. I am wondering if we can just get a transfer for the one way.

About how much would it cost to get to the airport in Venice to the ship? We have transfers that also include a transfer from the ship to the airport but we will be spending an extra day in Barcelona post cruise. I am wondering if we can just get a transfer for the one way.

We have a car booked for 2 people and 4 suitcases and 2 wheelys, airport to pier for 43 euro's

Al :D

We are also considering using a Taxi to Marco Polo for an early departure. Curious as to how far you have to walk after you get your bags to the line of Cabs. Thanks in advance.

49er

Archived