The Love Boat.........where are they now?

Merion_Mom

• Administrators

Funny you should bring this up......THE CAPTAIN himself, Gavin MacLeod in real life, will be making a special appearance right here on Cruise Critic on March 10th!!!

Visit our Princess forum where you can ask Captain Stubing a question -- or maybe even share a memory or trivia question.

Gavin will be answering many questions but he'll be selecting his 10 favorite ones -- those members will receive a copy of the newly-released first season DVD.

Funny you should bring this up......THE CAPTAIN himself, Gavin MacLeod in real life, will be making a special appearance right here on Cruise Critic on March 10th!!!

Visit our Princess forum where you can ask Captain Stubing a question -- or maybe even share a memory or trivia question.

Gavin will be answering many questions but he'll be selecting his 10 favorite ones -- those members will receive a copy of the newly-released first season DVD.

Sure hope there is a reminder that morning...that will be pretty fun. I used to watch that show every time it was on...back when I was really young...

These boards are driving me nuts!!!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!;) My lord they have aged. Jill looks great, though. It is funny, but you will always remember them as they looked 20-30 years ago, so it is a shock to see them as they are now. I wouldn't recognize some of them if they passed me on the street.

That reminds me of something that happened locally about 6 years ago. There was a house fire just around the corner from me, and a woman and her daughter had to jump to safety with the help of their neighbours. The house was destroyed.

The next day, I was jogging by the house, where I saw a news camera, with a guy interviewing an old man. I tried to not be a looky-loo, and ran on by.

Later on I saw it on the news, and the 'old guy' being interviewed was Clint Eastwood!:eek: It was his ex (actress that played the mom in Titanic) and their daughter that had lept from the burning house. I was within 10 feet of him, and didn't realize it.:o

LOL I remember watching The Love Boat and Fantasy Island LATE back to back on Friday nights when I was a kid! I was supposed to be asleep, I wasn't allowed to watch that "smut" because there was too much "hanky panky" according to my mother! LOL!

Now I feel old! LOL!

Thanks, Carol! I just spent half an hour reading about the cast members of The Love Boat, The Brady Bunch, MASH and The Wonder Years!!:)

:rolleyes: me too! But thanks for posting it. It was fun to read. I love seeing recent pics of the TV stars I grew up watching!

Aw, you wouldn't steer me wrong, would ya, Dave? ;)

No Steers here. Just me, DW, DD, 4 altered cats, 1 altered dog, a fish tank with 4-6 guppies and way too many snails...and I thought bunnies were breeders.

What is fun for me UT-Austin (undergrad) is "The Longhorns", and USF-Tampa (Grad School) is "The Bulls"

I was at a charity dinner last fall and shared a table with Jill Whelan and her husband. Absolutely delightful couple. Jill has a great wit and wonderful conversationalist; its easy to understand why she has a career in radio now.

LOL I remember watching The Love Boat and Fantasy Island LATE back to back on Friday nights when I was a kid! I was supposed to be asleep, I wasn't allowed to watch that "smut" because there was too much "hanky panky" according to my mother! LOL!

Now I feel old! LOL!

ROFL....Ahhh, the good old days......that smut and hanky panky would be welcomed by any parent today compared to whats on TV now! :eek:

ROFL....Ahhh, the good old days......that smut and hanky panky would be welcomed by any parent today compared to whats on TV now! :eek:

No kidding!! We didn't have things like "Criminal Minds" on during prime time (or any time, for that matter).

Now I feel old! LOL!

Love Boat was Sat night though. Friday nights were the Hulk and Dukes of Hazzard when I was a kid.

When a guest star was on the show multiple times, did they always play the same character?

One thing I remember from the old days of watching Love Boat is thinking, "Right. All those people on that ship, and the same handful that are featured on the show keep bumping into each other . . ."

It's funny, though, how after I started cruising a bit myself, that there does seem to be a certain set of people you keep running into all over the ship, even with the ones these days that carry over 3000 pax.

Archived