Celebrity Equinox Sails Aug 8 2009

TIMONEY

Does anyone find it strange that we now have Equinox itineraries for next summer and fall and we haven't had any official Solstice itineraries after April..

Hi Don !

I agree, but I guess we will just have to wait until the Europe itineraries are released in a few weeks.

My thoughts ? I feel that Celebrity should have also announced Solstice's Europe itineraries in the same release yesterday, and opened Solstices Europe bookings for Captains Club members on 3/13 as well. That would have made perfect sense, and would have been an additional perk for Captains Club members. Someone at Celebrity missed a good opportunity there.

Good info, but did not answer my questions-- we are looking for a British Isles cruise next--Connie did one of those (from Amsterdam) as did Century so now we are not sure which ship if any will do that itin.. Hope it is something M class or smaller... Big ships for me won't be so much fun on port intensive trips... Hope those schedules are out soon...I am ready to book!

Since they have the glass stuff on board no need to see same thing in Gibraltar..

What is the best guess for SA--that's the one we want after the British Isles..

Hi Don !

I agree, but I guess we will just have to wait until the Europe itineraries are released in a few weeks.

My thoughts ? I feel that Celebrity should have also announced Solstice's Europe itineraries in the same release yesterday, and opened Solstices Europe bookings for Captains Club members on 3/13 as well. That would have made perfect sense, and would have been an additional perk for Captains Club members. Someone at Celebrity missed a good opportunity there.

I also agree. We have been waiting for details of the Solstice for summer 2009 with the intention of booking if the itinerary suited us. It now seems as if we will know what the Equinox is doing by this Thursday, but not the Solstice. How can we make a choice on the 3/13 if we don't know what we are choosing from/can't book the Solstice. Very frustrating!

Hi Don !

You know what? That would make for a nice, cheap perk X could offer to their Select and Elite CC members. Give us a week or two to book before they open all sailings to the general public. It would give us access to some of the premium cabins that disappear so quickly.

Two things to do on March 13th:

1. Book the 11-day Equinox for the 11/23/09 sail date.

2. Start a roll call for the 11/23/09 sail date.

Too bad we can't make it two in a row for innaugural cruises, but August doesn't work for DW.

Open to Captain's Club members....I missed the last early booking date on the Solstice, and I recall that the downpayment was smaller.

True?

We like B2B's, and I am thinking of the Oct 23rd and also the TA.

Two things to do on March 13th:

1. Book the 11-day Equinox for the 11/23/09 sail date.

2. Start a roll call for the 11/23/09 sail date.

Too bad we can't make it two in a row for innaugural cruises, but August doesn't work for DW.

The Caribbean sailings won't be open yet. They are only opening the European bookings at that time. Sorry

Hi Don !

I'm not sure we are looking at this quite right! On August 9th the Equionx will have her first sailing. We have the opportunity to purchase a sailing on March 13th along with the Europe sailings. This is one week prior to anyone else. We have to realize at this time the Solstice is nine months old. She is no longer a brand new ship like Equionx. May or may not get the same treatment on March 13th. If we treat the Equionx and the Solstice the same will there be anything special about the Equionx? I'm sure the Solstic Europe itineries will be out shortly.

Garry:)

I'm not sure we are looking at this quite right! On August 9th the Equionx will have her first sailing. We have the opportunity to purchase a sailing on March 13th along with the Europe sailings. This is one week prior to anyone else. We have to realize at this time the Solstice is nine months old. She is no longer a brand new ship like Equionx. May or may not get the same treatment on March 13th. If we treat the Equionx and the Solstice the same will there be anything special about the Equionx? I'm sure the Solstic Europe itineries will be out shortly.

Garry:)

Hi Garry !

I think you missed my entire point. I already said the itineraries will be out shortly. What I said, was regarding the press release, Celebrity should have offered early booking for Captains Club members for Solstice and Equinox in Europe, as opposed to Equinox only. While I agree that Solstice will be several months old when she heads to Europe, she is still new to the region. At this point, we do not know if any other itineraries will be released on March 13th other than Equinox's Europe season, although anything is possible.

These are both new ships, and there will be a strong demand to book early. It would have been a great perk, and would have cost Celebrity nothing to add Solstice to this benefit. It would have created additional goodwill towards Celebrity's most loyal customers.

Either way, both itineraries should be available for sale within a few weeks. We will all get our chance to book :)

Andy

Have you looked at the Equinox renderings, they are awesome! Shows all the Europe trips with maps really nice. Thought I would read some comments but everyone must be at work.

Joann

PS has all the deck plans filled in too.

Andy

Have you looked at the Equinox renderings, they are awesome! Shows all the Europe trips with maps really nice. Thought I would read some comments but everyone must be at work.

Joann

Do you mean Equinox or Solstice? I don't see anything online for Equinox.

Andy

Joann

Everybody is too busy checking everything out to make comments yet. Should be any minute, though....lol :D

It's great to finally see the itineraries, just wish they had posted the prices too.

THANKS!!!!!!!

We're hoping to do a TA on her

The TA is the Nov 5th sailing, wish they had posted that itinerary, would have liked to see the ports. We will probably do the Ancient Empires III 14 night sailing. :D :D

The Solstice will be in its technically second cruise year (even though it is still the ship's first year in 2009, the cruise schedule year runs from April/May to March/April) so it will probably be announced when other ships are.

And Celebrity has announced itineraries not only by area (Europe, Caribbean, etc) in the past, but also different ships have been announced at different times within the same area.

We are also looking at the transatlantic in 2009 as it is our year for a transatlantic (we do them in odd years).

Hopefully, they will announce it early. Since we do a transatlantic ever other year, we look for booking to open. It seems like the transatlantic are always the last to be announced.

I guess that if Europe is selling well, it is to the bottom line's benefit to cancel a Caribbean cruise or two and extend the Europe season.

The Solstice will be in its technically second cruise year (even though it is still the ship's first year in 2009, the cruise schedule year runs from April/May to March/April) so it will probably be announced when other ships are.

And Celebrity has announced itineraries not only by area (Europe, Caribbean, etc) in the past, but also different ships have been announced at different times within the same area.

We are also looking at the transatlantic in 2009 as it is our year for a transatlantic (we do them in odd years).

You mentioned the Solstice? We were talking about Equinox's inaugural season Nov. 5th TA sailing. :)

You mentioned the Solstice? We were talking about Equinox's inaugural season Nov. 5th TA sailing. :)

I was answering other posts (by kruzgal and cruizinpooh) earlier wondering about if the Solstice European schedule would be out at the same time so that they could compare.

It would be nice to know about both transatlantics so that we could compare actual number of sea days and arrangement of those sea days as well as the embarkation ports and disembarkations port as that is our number one priority on transatlantics.

Archived