College Spring Breakers on Liberty Next Week?

Hi everyone, I'm part of a 60-person group traveling n the Liberty next week as part of our Spring Break (Don't get scared, we're cruising because we DON'T want the typical Cancun-type spring break). Anyway, we're wondering if anyone with experience can tell us if we should expect a large population of passengers our age (18-23).

Wow it's amazing how popular these boards get and posts get buried on another page, I'm sorry if bumping this up is against the rules, but we're very excited and looking to get feedback from people who have been on spring break.

haha, the roll call for our cruise is pretty barin, which may be a good sign that many are spring breakers (which is a population that I assume doesn't frequent these boards all too much).

I know of a ton of schools that will be on SB next week...

Obviously without a passenger manifesto in front of us we can't give you a precise answer, but based on my experience I'd expect a lot of spring breakers to be on Liberty next week.

I would have thought that a week on the Liberty of the Seas at spring break time would be beyond the budget of most college kids, but I guess that I underestimate the disposable income of that group these days! :eek:

My girlfriends and I went on a spring break cruise 3 years ago and there were not many spring breakers on board...maybe 15%? However, it was on the Carnival Holiday and it did not embark from Miami (I hear these are the ships with the most spring breakers). You will have fun either way.

FSU is on spring break next week, March 8th-13th or so. No idea how crowded the ship is going to be but we got a great deal. 2 oceanview rooms with 4 people in each came out to $550pp including prepaid tips/taxes/port fees etc. You really cant beat it!

I'll be on the Liberty in just over 2 weeks, smack dab in the middle of Spring Break. My girlfriend and I are 21 but aren't Spring Breakers, we're both full time workers so it's more of a work vacation then a school one.

We're also from Canada so we've been able to drink for 3 years legally here so I highly doubt it'll turn into a booze cruise for us. :cool:

We're doing a 7 night Western Caribbean out of Miami.

This week last year my brother was on a NCL Pearl 5 day out of Miami, and he estimated the ship was 70% spring breakers. On a 7 day with the higher cost, I would anticipate less, but still a very high percentage. Funny thing is that we went on the NCL Pearl 9 day the day he got off and there was not one Spring Breaker on the ship. I guess the fact that the 9 day spanned the portion of 2 weeks made in an intererary not conducive for getting back to class on time-or the 9 day price was too high!

I have heard on the 3-5 day trips out of Florida (Miami and FLL specifically) there is usually over 50% Spring breakers.

Even outside of Spring Break the 3 and 4 night cruises tend to bring a different crowd on average than do the 7 night cruises. I know on our weekend 3 night, it was a party atmosphere compared to the 5 and 7 night cruises. Per DW it was still more calm than CCL was when she went on them.

Archived