Concerned about bathroom size

njtwinmom

We have booked an inside cabin (2 adults 2 children) on the Crown Princess and I'm concerned that my DH will complain about the bathroom. He's a big and tall guy. I'm reading how small the bathrooms are. Are they really that uncomfortable for a large guy? I don't want to spend $1660 to upgrade to a mini suite.

We have booked an inside cabin (2 adults 2 children) on the Crown Princess and I'm concerned that my DH will complain about the bathroom. He's a big and tall guy. I'm reading how small the bathrooms are. Are they really that uncomfortable for a large guy? I don't want to spend $1660 to upgrade to a mini suite.

I have read here that some bigger/taller men have used the spa showers, no first hand experience, but worth looking into. Hey, you're on a cruise how bad could it be:)

Jan

I've used the spa showers many times (although have never been on Princess before my upcoming cruise). DH uses the cabin bathroom and I have abig shower, easier to shave legs, large spa-like dressing area/mirror to get ready. LOTS of space on RCCL and Carnival doing this. Greta for formal nights when getting all fluffed up!

This is another reason we will not book anything below a mini suite.

When we are sailing on a 'luxury' cruise, the last thing in the world either of us want to do is to walk to the spa with all our shower stuff and stand in line to shower after a fun day.

If I wanted to do something like that, I would go to a campground. :( IMHO of coarse. :)

This is another reason we will not book anything below a mini suite.

When we are sailing on a 'luxury' cruise, the last thing in the world either of us want to do is to walk to the spa with all our shower stuff and stand in line to shower after a fun day.

If I wanted to do something like that, I would go to a campground. :( IMHO of coarse. :)

I would not call Princess "a luxury cruise":eek: ,a nice experience but mass market for sure.

I weigh around 300lbs. While I have goteen very intimate with the shower curtain at times, I do just fine. I have the system down, though. It's like old hat!

Of course, when we book mini-suites it's like a breath of fresh air in that regard.

This may help you make a decision. To experience the shower just go to any RV dealer and look at the showers in most motorhomes and you will see they are as small if not smaller than those, below minisuites, on the ships. Take DH with you and let him decide if he wants to spend $1660 to upgrade. Keep in mind most of the RV showers have a glass door where there are only shower curtains on the ships. The rest of the bathroom is plenty big to use the commode or sink.

We always book an inside cabin. Heck, you're not in your cabin that much to spend the extra $$ on a bigger cabin. At least not us. We are in our cabin only to sleep and change clothes. My problem with the showers is shaving my legs. I actually put my leg out on the commode and turn the shower head to the wall so no water will spill out. It's a bit comical, but it gets the job done! My DH is 6'2" and has no problem.

My problem with the showers is shaving my legs. I actually put my leg out on the commode and turn the shower head to the wall so no water will spill out. It's a bit comical, but it gets the job done!

I think you just solved my problem, seriously. Thanks!

Marie

Well when I first started cruising, I was 6'4" and around 275 pounds. Never violated by the shower drain pipe in the wall, but did get attacked by the shower curtain a few times until I learned to wet the wall on both sides of the curtain, stick the curtain to the wall.

Well when I first started cruising, I was 6'4" and around 275 pounds. Never violated by the shower drain pipe in the wall, but did get attacked by the shower curtain a few times until I learned to wet the wall on both sides of the curtain, stick the curtain to the wall.

LOL! I found this trick as well when the ship rocked & I rolled & the curtain stuck:D

Jan

I hate the tiny bathrooms in inside cabins. I could stand the cabin but not the bathroom. I think there should be a new category of cabin that would have a slightly larger bathroom. The showers are just ridiculous. Once we booked mini-suites and suites I could never go back.

Having said that, my concern would not be so much with the bathroom but 2 adults and 2 kids in an inside cabin would make me swear off cruising for good. You have to be so meticulously organized with that many in a tiny room together. Would it be cheaper or about the same to get 2 inside cabins

rather than book a mini?

Why fret. :rolleyes: Im 6'5" 200lbs and I can get along with no problems. ;) They are small but we can all live with it. Sure they are not as large as your home shower / toilet / sink.... but are usuable by one person at a time.

Your challenge will be having to "schedule" four people through a facility designed to handle one person at a time.

When I sailed on Carnival (inside, porthole, and oceanview), the bathrooms were at least twice as big as on Princess in a balcony room. That was a huge surprise. There was barely room to turn around. The toilet took up all the space in the middle of the room and left only a spot to stand in front of the mirror and a spot to step into the shower. But then, the actual room was very tiny too. Much smaller than on Carnival.

For the next cruise we booked a minisuite - not because of the bathroom, but that will definitely be a plus. Too bad Princess makes such small rooms & bathrooms for standard rooms.

Would it be cheaper or about the same to get 2 inside cabins

rather than book a mini?

I would get two cabins, but there are no connecting cabins on the Crown Princess. The 2 cabins would be $1000 less than a mini suite. I don't want my boys to be in a cabin by themselves. I am very organized so I'm not worried about the tiny room. Also we only have 2 full sea days, so I can't see us spending much time in the there. The boys will take showers at night. I get up early so I'll be ready first in the morning.

I agree that they should have another category with bigger bathrooms. The outside or balcony cabins should have larger facilities.

No problem shaving your legs....hang upside down with one leg at a time from the shower rod....lol:eek: we now book a mini for the three of us....Dh 6 foot 2 and slim...was tired of being molested by the shower curtain...we enjoy the tub.You can work out any problem...you are on vacation...and I find any vacation to be a luxury! Princess has always treated us well...lpt:)

Archived