"LIVE" from the Westerdam / 3-09-08

Radio

As we've only sailed RCI, I've always looked forward to your live posts! I am really interested in the photos of the Westerdam and your opinions of an HAL cruise. Thanks for allowing us to cruise vicariously through you.

Hello everyone ! Today was such a beautiful day. . . . There were blue skies, and a warm breeze, all day !

I drove up A1A, along the coast. . .I had to stop at target to get a few things. I then drove up to the Fort Lauderdale Stadium, near the Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport (Regional)

I had a great time at he game, even though the Orioles lost to the NY Mets (split squad) NYM 4 / BAL 1 Oh well. . .better luck next time.

The stadium was a very old stadium. . .built in the 60's, and used to be the home of the Yankees Spring Training . The Orioles moved in the mid 90's, and are currently looking for a new spring home. . .

I then went over to Port Everglades, so I could get closer to the ships in port today. The Zuiderdam was calling me ! :rolleyes: She is a beautiful ship.

As I am writing this post (6PM). . . the Enchantment, and Westerdam have left. The Jewel, Grand Princess, and Mediterrania, are still tied up at their docks. They should be leaving soon.

Tomorrow will be a busy day in port. There will be 7 ships at Port Everglades.

Westerdam

Costa Fortuna

MSC Lirica

Caribbean Princess

Radiance of the Seas

Millenium

Carnival Liberty

I should be getting to the pier by about 11AM. I will try to post a few pics before I get to the port. I will definately post some pics after boarding. . .

here are a few pics from today. . .

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Fort Lauderdale Beach

O38.jpg

Life Guard Station on the beach

O36.jpg

The view from my balcony at the Hyatt

O32.jpg

My room in the Tower

o30.jpg

:eek: Oh, oh...we all have to behave with Radio and his camera documenting our every move...yikes!! Honestly, I think we will all have a wonderful time on the Westerdam!! See all when we get back!!:D I will let you know it compares to our fave Noordam!;)

Awesome, CG! Have a wonderful cruise!

Here are a few more from today. . .

Radio

Home of the Spring Traing Orioles

O1.jpg

Oriole Starter, Brian Burres

O40.jpg

Oriole Dugout

o41.jpg

Holland America Zuiderdam

o11.jpg

Zuiderdam

o13.jpg

Thanks, Radio, for all your photos and for your "Pre-Live From...and the real deal "Live From." We all love those here on the HAL board...so appreciate your efforts!

Have a great sail away tomorrow! :D

:eek: Oh, oh...we all have to behave with Radio and his camera documenting our every move...yikes!! Honestly, I think we will all have a wonderful time on the Westerdam!! See all when we get back!!:D I will let you know it compares to our fave Noordam!

Ha Ha. . . No. . just pics of the ship, and ports for me ! :D

The Noordam is the newest Vista Class ship, right ?

HAL called me yesterday, to see if I wanted to switch to the Noordam from NYC today (since they overbooked Westerdam), but I told them I was already in Fort Lauderdale ! ! I wished they would have called me on Wednesday . . . :rolleyes:

Radio

:rolleyes:

Ha Ha. . . No. . just pics of the ship, and ports for me ! :D

The Noordam is the newest Vista Class ship, right ?

HAL called me yesterday, to see if I wanted to switch to the Noordam from NYC today (since they overbooked Westerdam), but I told them I was already in Fort Lauderdale ! ! I wished they would have called me on Wednesday . . . :rolleyes:

Radio

:rolleyes:

Right you are! ;)

Hi Radio,

Thanks again for the review of the hotel and pics of the ships!

Can't wait to tune in to your live reports while I am live on the Enchantment of the Seas! :D (Thursday) Have a terrific cruise!!!

Hello everyone ! Today was such a beautiful day. . . . There were blue skies, and a warm breeze, all day !

I drove up A1A, along the coast. . .I had to stop at target to get a few things. I then drove up to the Fort Lauderdale Stadium, near the Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport (Regional)

I had a great time at he game, even though the Orioles lost to the NY Mets (split squad) NYM 4 / BAL 1 Oh well. . .better luck next time.

The stadium was a very old stadium. . .built in the 60's, and used to be the home of the Yankees Spring Training . The Orioles moved in the mid 90's, and are currently looking for a new spring home. . .

I then went over to Port Everglades, so I could get closer to the ships in port today. The Zuiderdam was calling me ! :rolleyes: She is a beautiful ship.

As I am writing this post (6PM). . . the Enchantment, and Westerdam have left. The Jewel, Grand Princess, and Mediterrania, are still tied up at their docks. They should be leaving soon.

Tomorrow will be a busy day in port. There will be 7 ships at Port Everglades.

Westerdam

Costa Fortuna

MSC Lirica

Caribbean Princess

Radiance of the Seas

Millenium

Carnival Liberty

I should be getting to the pier by about 11AM. I will try to post a few pics before I get to the port. I will definately post some pics after boarding. . .

here are a few pics from today. . .

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Fort Lauderdale Beach

O38.jpg

Life Guard Station on the beach

O36.jpg

The view from my balcony at the Hyatt

O32.jpg

My room in the Tower

o30.jpg

Okay, I'm very confused. Which ship are you sailing on? I thought you were sailing on Westerdam, but you mention in this post that the Westerdam has just pulled out. And I think you said you cruise tomorrow. Your sig line says "Westerdam March 9, 2008."

Please clarify...it doesn't take a lot to confuse me.

Jo-Ann

I think maybe Radio meant Zuiderdam left? It was in port behind EOS earlier...see the last picture caption on page one.

Yes . . you are right. Zuiderdam left first ! Ooops. . . :confused: Sorry for the typo. . :(

Today (Sunday) is the day i will be boarding Westerdam ! :) :)

Radio

Yes . . you are right. Zuiderdam left first ! Ooops. . . :confused: Sorry for the typo. . :(

Today (Sunday) is the day i will be boarding Westerdam ! :) :)

Radio

RAdio...you scared me there! I thought we had missed the boat!;)

I hope the weather warms up. It's been cooler here in S. Fla. than I expected. We drove to the Keys on Friday...so far that's proven to be the warmest day of all. Today, we have to return our rental car and then we'll be making our way to the pier...all our paperwork is ready! Hope nobody forgets to adjust their clocks! Westerdam, here we come!

I hope the weather warms up. It's been cooler here in S. Fla. than I expected. We drove to the Keys on Friday...so far that's proven to be the warmest day of all. Today, we have to return our rental car and then we'll be making our way to the pier...all our paperwork is ready! Hope nobody forgets to adjust their clocks! Westerdam, here we come!

Did you drive from PA to FL? How was that, CG? That may be what we do next year!

Have fun...and let us know how you like the cruise...and the Westerdam!

Ha ha. . .sometimes my brain, doesn't cooperate with my typing. . .

This morning it was 49f in Fort Lauderdale. . . brrrr. . . But we should reach a high of 72f today, and lots of sun !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hello everyone. . .today is a beautiful day for a cruise !

I will be checking out at about 11, and will head over to the port to board the Westerdam !

Here are a few pics of the port area this morning. . .

Thanks for tuning in. I will try to post again before sailaway. . .

Radio

Sunny Fort Lauderdale

SUN1.jpg

Ships at the Pier

L/R Millennium, Costa Fortuna, Carnival Liberty, Radiance of the Seas

(Westerdam is directly behind Millennium)

SUN3.jpg

Regal Empress pulling in. . .

SUN4.jpg

Have a great cruise on the Westerdam! We really enjoyed the food! Thought it was the best of the cruiselines we have been on. You will bring back memories for me from our Westerdam cruise! I wish I was back on the Westerdam instead of stuck in 12 inches of snow in Ohio! Enjoy! You always do outstanding "LIVE" posts! So very informative!

Ha ha. . .sometimes my brain, doesn't cooperate with my typing. . .

This morning it was 49f in Fort Lauderdale. . . brrrr. . . But we should reach a high of 72f today, and lots of sun !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good morning Radio,

Have a great time. Keep those pics coming!

29f and very windy up here, at least you will see 70f+ today!!

RC

Regal Empress pulling in. . .

SUN4.jpg

Is this an optical illusion, or did Regal Empress back into something there? It sure looks like her stern is up against a pier or dock or something there... did you happen to notice?

Theron

Archived