Packing supplements

dancing

How do you handle packing of your supplements ie: calcium, fish oil etc?

We always buy in big quantity and those bottles are so large. Packing those big bottle along with our prescriptions would take up too much room in the suitcase. As we are flying to Europe we know we have to be more careful with med's and such. DH is very healthy and beleives in taking lots of vitamins.

Has anyone ever had their pills opened or questioned about while going through airport check-in?

I get a weekly pill box....you know the ones where you put the pills in for each day. Then I put a couple of wide rubber bands around it.

Nope.....never been questioned about it.

Get a pillminder for each of you from a drug store and it has compartments for each day and you can pack what you need in each daily compartment. They will go through security no problem. If you aren't using a lot of supplements then you can get the larger one and put both or yours in one. They are inexpensive. The smaller ones are as low as $1.99 each.

Thanks everyone. We have the pill reminders that we use every day. I am more concerned about people saying that you have to have every pill in it's orginial bottle with the label on it stating what it is. Especailly perscription ones.

Thanks everyone. We have the pill reminders that we use every day. I am more concerned about people saying that you have to have every pill in it's orginial bottle with the label on it stating what it is. Especailly perscription ones.

prescription pills have to be in their original bottle. Especially if they are controlled substances.

Go to your pharmacy and have them give you a smaller bottle with the label on it. I take certain controlled substances for my neck and back. I just carry the smaller bottles with me. I don't need to carry 100 oxycontin pills with me.

You will have lots of explaining to do if they find 10 or 20 controlled substance pills on you that you do not have in a prescription bottle.

I dont worry about supplements being in original prescription bottles, since they are not presciptions and would not have doctor info on them anyway. We put all the vitamins in one container and then sepaate them out during the trip. We only worry about prescription containers.

SUGGESTION I USE

I have the pill minders, put tape or rubber band around to keep closed, then put in gallon zip lock bag.

MAKE A LIST of all your meds, frequency, strength, pharmacy name and phone number, doctor name and phone number, your address and name, emergency contact, and drug and food allergies. Put it in the bag with the pills. Give one to your spouse to carry also, and I even turn one into Carnival Specialrequirements@carnival.com with your sail date, booking number, and cabin on it. (this is also good to have when you go to new doctors, emergency rooms, etc. saves answering all their questions.)

This way, they know you are bringing meds.

As for air flight, just do the same. If you are questioned then, you have you list, and they can quickly call the pharmacy to verify.

OTC drugs, try to buy a small bottle to carry with you.

I have travel items which include my vit's, and other OTC items, but have a large bottle at home.

I thought legally every med does have to be in its original bottle with the prescription. This is how they know if it's really a prescription and not an illegal narcotic that you are transporting. I know in the state of NC if you have meds in your possession, they better be in their prescription bottle or you will go to jail. I would think they would need to know somehow about your OTC drugs...someone mentioned getting a smaller bottle for them, and I think that's probably what you should do. I would hate spending hours somewhere while the authorities figure out what this big orange pill is and whether or not it's OTC.

You can probably get something like this at Walmart:

Yes, walmart carries them 2.59 each or you can order from Dr. Leanords.

As for controlled substances, i would take them in the bottles since you will probably be taking more of them than other pills you take daily anyway.

Archived