Home from a wonderful cruise on the Voyager of the Seas!

We had a wonderful week on the Voyager of the Seas. We got to Lighthouse parking about 10:15 and we were onboard at 11:30. Ate in the Windjammer. The process went very smoothly.

We explored the ship and went to our room at 1:00. We were pleased with our Promenade cabin. We were across the Promenade from the Jewelry and gift store on the 8th deck. It was a good location and pretty quite. Our friends were in a Promenade cabin on deck 7 across from the Pig and Whistle, and their cabin was very noisy.

We kept checking back to see if our luggage had arrived. It didn't arrive until 5:20!! Last time we got our luggage fairly quickly.

Our Meet and Mingle was at 11 on Monday. Eric, the Cruise director was there and passed out prizes. I wished that they had provided name tags. It was a large group.

We had good weather. It was pretty windy for the first 2 days, but sunny.

We went to the shows each night after our 5:30 dinner. We thought they were very good. Eric, the cruise director was very funny and entertaining. We liked him a lot. One morning he held a worship service.

There are many things to do onboard. We enjoyed the back stage tour of the La Scala theater. Here is a tip for you.... When leaving the theater at night go though the hall that leads you to the ladies restroom (main level) and keep going. When you get to the lobby, don't go up the main stairs there. They are packed and so are the elevators. Turn left and walk down 1 flight of stairs then get on the elevators there and ride up. We were in our cabin 8th deck mid ship in 10 minutes!

Friday leaving Cozumel, the Captain came on and said a front was coming in and we were going to have 15 foot seas. It was a pretty rocking that night.

We booked our "Next Cruise" while onboard. You have really got to do it early and keep calling them. It took them a while b4 we had our receipts in hand. They need to work on the Loyalty Ambassador and get her more help. That was frustrating!

Our fuel surcharge gift was the RC tote bag. I sure was hoping for the the cookbook.

We had a great trip. Sad it is over:(

We found the food to be good, the staff very friendly!

If you have any questions I will be happy to try to answer them.

i glad to hear you a wonderful time and that those 15 ' seas didnt bother you that much...just wondering if you think prom. cabin 6295 will have alot of noise as well...i belive im over the gift shop...if im calculating correctly...tks..

Southerngoose, I don't rememberseeing that dip on the menu. We didn't do the tea at 3:00 because we had 5:30 dining. Had a small breakfast, usually skipped lunch then had the works at dinner.

Kwazi, I checked the deck plans. I think your room will be a good one. The first night is a parade and also one on Saturday night. Most nights there are tables set up where they are sellling jewelry etc. We are in our 50's and went to our room after the show. If you are light sleepers and go to bed early too, you might consider taking a small fan. I think you will have some noise, but not like being across from the P&W. I like to have a very small box fan anyway. I think the rooms can get a little stuffy after 2 showers. We just set it up on the vanity. Don't forget a night light and power strip for the room. It is quite dark at night.

We booked our next cruise onboard the Voyager a few weeks ago. Our LA was Adrian and he was great. I wonder if it depends on what day and when you make an appointment. We went in the morning on Monday around 9:00. He was very nice and helped us save more money with our C&A coupons for a second cabin. We were so impressed with him since we had a terrible experience on the Vision with their LA.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. I agree the LA's are in need of helpers.

I wonder how it will be on Freedom :confused: When we were on Majesty, we were one of teh first on board and after lunch, we stopped by, she didn't have any hours before dinner on the first day.

Muster was at 4:15 on Sunday. Our M&M was originally scheduled for 4 on Sunday too. It was changed to 11 on Monday. I am sure they will change yours too.

We read too many bad things about Jamaica so we just enjoyed having the ship to ourselves!

Our fuel surcharge gift was the RC tote bag. I sure was hoping for the the cookbook.

###################################################

I thought the crown and anchor gift was the tote bag and the fuel surcharge gift was the cookbook????

Are you a crown and anchor member? Did you get your c & a coupon book?

Thanks,

Carla

Thank you for your report. I'm on Voyager April 6th. This is my first cruise ever and I'm SO excited! I can't wait!!!! :D

Carvia, have you checked the roll call for your cruise? That looks like one wild bunch - over 11,000 posts!

Carvia, have you checked the roll call for your cruise? That looks like one wild bunch - over 11,000 posts!

Us.........a wild bunch?:D We do have fun.........come join the roll call and introduce yourself Carvia......we would love to meet you.

When the seas were high, the ship did not have too much roll (I think the stabilizers were out), but it pitched pretty good as the seas on Friday evening were bow on.

Hypo

Thanks so much for the review. We sail April 20th. So, excited, our first cruise. Can you tell us about the excursions/ports?

Glad to know the timing for getting there. I had heard that if you go early, chances are it will be a faster process baring fog issues.

dixie - thanks for the review.

What time is muster drill? They have our M&M scheduled for 4:00 on Sunday - seems odd.

Any thoughts on Jamaica?

The M&M defaults to Sunday until the size of the group is final then they decide where to hold it. That way no one gets the wrong location early on.

The customs people at Jamaica like to "touch" you. We had a wonderful time shopping and met some really nice locals. The prices were best on the trip. BUT! until customs stops their feeling games I will NOT get off the ship there ever again if I have a choice............! There is necessity and dignity issuse but they have taken it to a rediculous level. They didn't look in the bags. They just grabbed you pants and in the ladies case your bra.

Archived