Devil's Island

BillZ

Has anyone heard of the requirement for Yellow Fever shots when cruising to Devil's Island? We're hoping to go on the Royal Princess next January but have heard rumors that shots are required before boarding. Cannot find any "official" notice on the Princess website. (When it was runnibg)

BillZ

Brazil requires yellow fever shots if you have been in any country that has a yellow fever problem. Devil's Island stop is part of French Guiana and that is one of the countries Brazil requires a shot if you have visted there.

You will not be allowed on board if a yellow fever shot is required and you do not have one.

Has anyone heard of the requirement for Yellow Fever shots when cruising to Devil's Island? We're hoping to go on the Royal Princess next January but have heard rumors that shots are required before boarding. Cannot find any "official" notice on the Princess website. (When it was runnibg)

BillZ

After you book the cruise, you will see the requirement for the yellow fever shots on your cruise personalizer.

Not sure what your itinerary is but Yellow Fever shots are always required for Brazil. You will not be allowed to board at embarkation without a vaccination certificate or a doctor's letter why you are unable to get one (allergies, etc.) Getting one isn't a big deal; just check with a travel clinic near you or if you have an HMO, find out what's needed to order one. The shots are rarely carried right at the office and have to be ordered. Once you have one, it's good for ten years.

Pam.. . . . .Yellow Fever shots aren't always required for Brazil. They are only required if you are visiting an endemic zones in Africa, South America and Central America and the Caribbean before entering Brazil. Brazil only recommends it if you are visiting endemic zones within Brazil.

Yes, you MUST have the yellow fever shot before boarding any ship stopping at Devils Is. & Brazil. They're good for 10 yrs. so go for it! I'm on the GRAND's re-positioning 3-Continent's cruise stopping in both places leaving Ap. 12th. Had mine 5 yrs. ago.

My in-laws did the FLL to Manaus trip on the Royal in January, stopped at Devil's Island, and yes, had to get yellow fever. Not sure which part of the itinerary necessitated the shots, but they were required. I think my in-laws got the last dose available in south-coastal NC:p

Pam.. . . . .Yellow Fever shots aren't always required for Brazil. They are only required if you are visiting an endemic zones in Africa, South America and Central America and the Caribbean before entering Brazil. Brazil only recommends it if you are visiting endemic zones within Brazil.
It's been required both times I've flown from the U.S. to Manaus, Brazil for the Amazon which I assume is in an endemic zone although Manaus itself is pretty much bug-free. I would guess that anything on or near the Amazon would be in an endemic zone.

Yes, if you are going to the interior.

If only calling at Buenos Aires or Recife, both on the coast, Yellow Fever innoculations were not required when we were last there.

That said, requirements do change as conditions dictate.

Archived