When is your children's spring break?

TwoMateys

Can you tell me when your usual spring break is for school-aged children? We are just back from our 1st cruise and learned that it was not also school break for most children. There were not as many children as I expected though DD still had fun.

My kids were off the thursday before Easterr and don't go back until March 31.

My sister's kids had good Friday and today off. They will get a spring break in April.

Other sister was off all last week and today. We live in the same area, just different districts.

My kids are off April 14 - 18 this year, but this is a departure from the norm. We are usually in synch with the rest of New England, which follows the week of Patriot Day (a Massachusetts holiday - not related to the football team) which is April 21 - 25.

Whenever we go away in April, 75% of the guests are from Boston!

My kids are off April 14 - 18 this year, but this is a departure from the norm. We are usually in synch with the rest of New England, which follows the week of Patriot Day (a Massachusetts holiday - not related to the football team) which is April 21 - 25.

I'm in CT too and I don't recall our spring break ever being that late. Next school year it's April 10 - 17, which includes Good Friday. It always seems to be around this same week, never the week after.

On Long Island we get President's Week off in February and then time in April surrounding Easter/Passover, but this year because of the holidays it was split, so we had a five day break Holy Thursday though Easter Monday, then April 21-25 for Passover. It is better when both are together because then you we get a longer vacation where we could take a 10 day cruise!

This is the first year in five years that our school district had a week-long spring break (3/17 through 3/21).

Next year no Spring break again (whoo-hoo!). If they don't do the week-long thing, they do two, three-day long breaks (one in Feb, the other in March or April) with just Good Friday of Western Rites easter off. This way we can plan either a shorter trip or one where we minimize the time off of school - and yet avoid the crush and ridiculous prices!

Even with the whole week off, DD's school bus yesterday and today was virtually empty -- people extending spring break. And when I was working registration for soccer, I was astounded by the number of people who were talking about pulling the kids from school for a week back in late Jan and early Feb -- even with the week off, they chose to pull the kids from school because they wanted to avoid the crowds and/or be able to afford the trip. Next week (31st through the 4th) DD's Spanish teacher has the week off to accompany his church on a Missionary trip - so she'll have a sub. My point? I'm not certain what the reason was for doing the Spring Break!

Up here near Seattle, spring break is next week (March 31st - April 6th). Woo hoo! We leave for our cruise on Saturday!

That's funny; we are right next door to you. Our neighbors are in Redmond and our spring break is the week of April 7th.

That would explain all the Red Sox fans on our roll call :rolleyes:

It's true - this year seems very scattered.

We usually have the week going into Good Friday off (this year it was March 17-21). However, for 2009 we have from Holy Thursday through the end of the next week (April 9-17).

We just cruised on Mariner and saw a lot of spring break people. Colleges go all through the couple of months.

We were trying to cruise with friends next year, but their break is the week before ours so we can't do it. So we think we'll do Disney in April and cruise in August. If only the summer caribbean rates would come out.

Ours here this year was from March 17 and returning on March 31 :eek: :eek: :eek: ! Our public schools had 2 weeks off. I am not sure how many weeks next year but I do know its at least going to be easter week and that's when we are sailing the Glory!!!!!!

My kid's spring break has always coincided with Easter. We usually get Good Friday off and the week following Easter. Next year it is supposed to be April 10 - 19. I am already starting to look for a great cruise for them.

:D

Archived