Specialty Coffee drinks

What specialty coffee drinks are served on board? There is no lattitudes on the AOS. I've heard Seattle's beat coffee is served at cafe promenade. Is there anything equivalent to Starbuck's frapaccino? Do you know how much it costs? Thanks in advance!

Starbucks owns Seattle's Best so they already own the opportunity...

If there's a Seattle's Best counter onboard you will be able to get frozen coffee drinks... they aren't as sugary as Starbucks though and will taste a bit weak compared to a Frappuccino...

Have a Pina Colada instead:)

Starbucks owns Seattle's Best so they already own the opportunity...

If there's a Seattle's Best counter onboard you will be able to get frozen coffee drinks... they aren't as sugary as Starbucks though and will taste a bit weak compared to a Frappuccino...

Have a Pina Colada instead:)

I was planning on having both... :D

I was planning on having both... :D

Good, good... NOW you're in the right state of mind;)

I LOVE my coffee but I can honestly say that I drink less of it when I'm on a cruise... I can justify my first pina colada around 10am... afterall, it has pineapple juice in it... I just think of the rum as my extra flavor shot!:D

Good, good... NOW you're in the right state of mind;)

I LOVE my coffee but I can honestly say that I drink less of it when I'm on a cruise... I can justify my first pina colada around 10am... afterall, it has pineapple juice in it... I just think of the rum as my extra flavor shot!:D

I suppose I could just replace it with a couple more Pina coladas.... ;)

To answer the original question (although the answer's the OP's been receiving are much more fun:p), you can buy coffee drinks like espressos, cappuccinos, lattes, etc at a stand right next to the Cafe Promenade (this is also where you will find Ben & Jerry's). This is different than the area of the Cafe Promenade where you get regular/decaf coffee, hot tea, and hot chocolate.

Seattles Best use to have Java Coolers:confused: (similar to Starbucks' Frap's). But that's been awhile ago before Starbucks bought them and I haven't been to a Seattles Best since then (are there any still in Chicago?) Hope that helps.

If you are C & A member, you will get a coupon for Seattle's Best. I think it is 25% off your purchase. I got an iced mocha and my husband got a cappucino and I think it came out to around $7.00. I didn't order it, so I don't know all the prices. In the Cafe Promenade, you can get free coffee, hot chocolate, and tea.

Am I the only one who thinks Seattle Best coffee is the worst coffee ever? I admit I have never tried a latte or espresso on the promenade but thats only because I am usually so disgusted by the coffee in both the WJ and DR that I try not to think about missing it lol I LOVE my coffee! :p :D

Oddly...the only acceptable coffee for me is room service!!! Has anyone else had this experience?

DH and I think the coffee is weak in the Promenade, it doesn't keep us going. The coffee in the dining room tastes pretty good. But then again, I am caffeine sensitive and I have it after dinner in the dining room and I still want to go to sleep! :) Anyways, I tried an espresso drink a few times. I don't remember being impressed with them. I would love to have an ice blended mocha though. But when I am there on the ship, I'd rather have a Lava Flow or Pina Colada! Somehow, those taste better..........

Am I the only one who thinks Seattle Best coffee is the worst coffee ever? I admit I have never tried a latte or espresso on the promenade but thats only because I am usually so disgusted by the coffee in both the WJ and DR that I try not to think about missing it lol I LOVE my coffee! :p :D

Oddly...the only acceptable coffee for me is room service!!! Has anyone else had this experience?

I agree...room service was only decent coffee...Lattetudes on Radiance was wonderful...great lattes

My mom and I always pack some Starbucks double shots. They are in a 8oz can and have 2 shots of espresso, cream and sugar. They are really yummy and only run about $2 per can. The are also pretty easy to pack. They are the perfect pick me up for us. I like mine poured over ice. I worked for Starbucks for 7 years so I'm probably the biggest coffee snob there is :eek: , but then again with enough cream and sugar it all tastes ok to me.:D

• 2 months later...
My mom and I always pack some Starbucks double shots. They are in a 8oz can and have 2 shots of espresso, cream and sugar. They are really yummy and only run about $2 per can. The are also pretty easy to pack. They are the perfect pick me up for us. I like mine poured over ice. I worked for Starbucks for 7 years so I'm probably the biggest coffee snob there is :eek: , but then again with enough cream and sugar it all tastes ok to me.:D

I was doing a search on coffee for my friend who is cruising with me on the Enchantment, and is a HUGE coffee lover.

I had to laugh at your comment about working for Starbucks for 7 years and being a coffee snob. My youngest son started at Starbucks, and went over to Peet's coffee (a Berkeley and SF coffee bean company), and oh, boy, his coffee snobometer went up considerably. He explained it to me once: Starbucks sells coffee drinks and also coffee beans, while Peet's sells coffee beans and also coffee drinks. He ended up managing a Peet's in Berkeley for a year, but he still drinks his Starbucks triple shots all the time.

My friend will be very happy about the CL on the Enchantment, as I can snag her a cup of good stuff when she wants it. I am Diamond and she is Gold C&A.

Archived