Visa points when using TA

Hello,

I had a next cruise booked with my TA's name from my last cruise, and therefore in order to actually book the specific itinerary I have to book through this TA. At this point, I am feeling like I do not get much of a benefit from a TA, but I personally like mine and do not want to ask her to write a letter to RCI to release my booking ID.

ANYWAY, my question is I have asked the TA's associate (TA not in today) to confirm that they can use my Royal Carib credit card so that I may get double points. I just got off the phone with her, and she says that even though I am booking with the TA, since it gets filtered through to RCCI, that I will still get the double points.

Can anyone please share any experience they have in this area? Is this true?

Thank you!

I've had my RCI Visa about 5 years now, and have booked through my TA all my cruises using it. I've always received Royal points, and just made final payment using some of my points, 50,000, for $500.00 off. :D

Hello,

I had a next cruise booked with my TA's name from my last cruise, and therefore in order to actually book the specific itinerary I have to book through this TA. At this point, I am feeling like I do not get much of a benefit from a TA, but I personally like mine and do not want to ask her to write a letter to RCI to release my booking ID.

ANYWAY, my question is I have asked the TA's associate (TA not in today) to confirm that they can use my Royal Carib credit card so that I may get double points. I just got off the phone with her, and she says that even though I am booking with the TA, since it gets filtered through to RCCI, that I will still get the double points.

Can anyone please share any experience they have in this area? Is this true?

Thank you!

Simply look at your statement for the last time you booked with this agency. Did it say Royal Caribbean? 99% of the agencies call RCL with your card # to make the deposit and pay off. Booking through a TA makes no difference.

Simply look at your statement for the last time you booked with this agency. Did it say Royal Caribbean? 99% of the agencies call RCL with your card # to make the deposit and pay off. Booking through a TA makes no difference.

I paid in cash and check last time, so I can't look at previous dates. I didn't have the RC Visa at the time. If anything, I can ask them to call and book with CC rather than through computer, I suppose.

Archived