WOOHOO!!! 2 day cruise 200/pp BALCONY Cinco de Mayo

nklpikl

I am so thrilled. I recieved an email this morning with an amazing deal. We got it booked right away. We will be sailing the Dawn Princess out of San Diego May 4th. That puts us in Mexico for Cinco de Mayo. 200/pp for a Balcony room. First off I have never sailed Princess. Second I have never had a balcony and third Happy Cinco de Mayo. Woohoo :D :D Happy Dance.

Ok just had to share my news. First time i have been able to post in the Princess section!!

I am so thrilled. I recieved an email this morning with an amazing deal. We got it booked right away. We will be sailing the Dawn Princess out of San Diego May 4th. That puts us in Mexico for Cinco de Mayo. 200/pp for a Balcony room. First off I have never sailed Princess. Second I have never had a balcony and third Happy Cinco de Mayo. Woohoo :D :D Happy Dance.

Ok just had to share my news. First time i have been able to post in the Princess section!!

Congrats on the booking.....

From what I understand is that Mexico celebrates Cinco totally different then the United States. :)

Some in the US as with other celebrations could not even tell you what Cinco is all about but use it as an excuse to party out of control.

Some in the US as with other celebrations could not even tell you what Cinco is all about but use it as an excuse to party out of control.

And Canada...it's my birthday :) love Cinco de Mayo!!!

Actually a few years back we were in Mexico and you'd never know it was a special day.

I am on this cruise too! It is just a short juant to Ensenada, Mexico. The border towns seem to celebrate Cinco de Mayo more then the interior cities do.I am sure it is to capture all the tourista centavos they can! Should be a fun trip! I can't wait! Look for us on this cruise NKL...........I will be with a group of 108 girlfriends! This will be my 5th Princess cruise. I figure even 2 short days on a short trip, is better then 2 long days in front of my computer working!

Congrats on the booking.....

From what I understand is that Mexico celebrates Cinco totally different then the United States. :)

Agree, as before I moved here I always thought is was "Mexican Independence Day" (which it obviously is not). I believe the big party down there is their Independence Day (which I think is September 16th). The Cinco parties in Mexico are pretty regional and don't think it's that big of a deal.

I did some checking and for those of you that want that cruise, you can find her price on most internet sites.

what a great cruise and price! where does it go in mexico?

who sent you the email?

Cruisedeals sent the e-mail and it is Ensenada, not that we care. I can forward the email if you want. Just let me know your e-mail.

Thanks for the info about Cinco. I was totally unaware.

I am on this cruise too! It is just a short juant to Ensenada, Mexico. The border towns seem to celebrate Cinco de Mayo more then the interior cities do.I am sure it is to capture all the tourista centavos they can! Should be a fun trip! I can't wait! Look for us on this cruise NKL...........I will be with a group of 108 girlfriends! This will be my 5th Princess cruise. I figure even 2 short days on a short trip, is better then 2 long days in front of my computer working!

I was reading some of your roll call posts. Sounds like you will have a fantastic time!!! Hope to see you there.

I am on this cruise ,I know they will have a party at Hussongs Cantina for Cinco de Mayo , it is a party everyday at Hussongs.

Great, now we have a place to go and enjoy!!! Maybe we will see you there.

It is a US holiday... and a dry one in Mexico. No hotels served alcohol when I was there on Cinco De Mayo.

Enjoy the cruise though. They will have alcohol.

It is a US holiday... and a dry one in Mexico. No hotels served alcohol when I was there on Cinco De Mayo.

Alcohol was flowing when I was in Mexico for Cino de Mayo. Where are you getting your info?

May 5th, Cinco de Mayo

National holiday commemorating Mexico's defeat

of the French in the Battle of Puebla in 1862.

May 5th, Hussong's Cinco de Mayo Fiesta

Ensenada, Baja California

How do I get to Hussong's?

No disrespect intended but is there such a thing as a DRY day in Mexico? I happened to be in Mexico during Our Lady of Guadalupe and there was more drinking then than anytime........

Was it on a Sunday? Remember we used to do that here in the States ... no alcohol on Sunday.

So, why Cinco de Mayo? And why should Americans savor this day as well? Because 4,000 Mexican soldiers smashed the French and traitor Mexican army of 8,000 at Puebla, Mexico, 100 miles east of Mexico City on the morning of May 5, 1862.

Under Emperor Napoleon III, who detested the United States, the French came to Mexico to collect money owed them, but with plans to conquer Mexico, and later on go after the United States.(The same French who helped us win our independence) They brought a Hapsburg prince with them to rule the new Mexican empire. His name was Maximilian; his wife, Carolota. Napoleon's French Army had not been defeated in 50 years, and it invaded Mexico with the finest modern equipment and with a newly reconstituted Foreign Legion. The French were not afraid of anyone, especially since the United States was embroiled in its own Civil War.

Union forces were then rushed to the Texas/Mexican border under General Phil Sheridan, who made sure that the Mexicans got all the weapons and ammunition they needed to expel the French. American soldiers were discharged with their uniforms and rifles if they promised to join the Mexican Army to fight the French.

It might be a historical stretch to credit the survival of the United States to those brave 4,000 Mexicans who faced an army twice as large in 1862. But who knows?

Archived