Any recourse when price goes down after final payment?

mmcruise

So, I made my final payment on my June cruise last week. Even caught a slight price reduction and got it adjusted beforehand. I keep checking the site for good cabin availability (though I think I'm good on that now) and how full it is-and the price went down again-by a total of 80 dollars. I realize they drop the prices now to fill the last available space, but has anyone ever gotten an adjustment after final payment? Just checking. 80 bucks is 80 bucks...

My last cruise dropped before final payment. I called and they adjusted the price.

It dropped again after final payment. I called and was told they would not issue on board credit since they had already adjusted the price once. I tried both asking both my PVP and their supervisor several times.

I made final payment for our June cruise in March and then found a price reduction for Senior discount. I called, got a Supervisor and now I have a $330 OBC on my S&S. They gave me an option for refund to my credit card or the OBC. I decided I would use it on the ship.

CALL!

I got OBC with 40 days before sailing. First they wanted to upgrade cabins to another location. We had connecting cabins with our kids so I told him only if they were connecing. He had to talk with supervisor and called me back in about 10 minutes and all was good with OBC. This was with Carnival PVP. This was the second price drop and OBC after final payment. Go for it!

Last cruise, I "payed"(credit card) up front, and I still snagged some OBC later on. This time I'm paying some each month. Next month I turn 55 and I hope to get some discount after the fact. I don't know if this will pan out or not. Any opinions?

When I saw a price drop after final payment I just called the general Carnival number, said a saw the price drop. There was no problem, It took about 5 minutes and I was given an OBC. The last cruise, the price dropped every Friday for a month starting right after final payment. I got credit for all 4 price drops and wound up with about $440 OBC. Still spent more than that thoughLOL. When you book through Carnival, it's easy. Oh and by the way, my PVP said to just call the CARNIVAL nuber as soon as I see the drop, don't wait to call her on Monday since the drop might not be there.

I got an OBC on my last cruise after the price went down after final payment. It was just enough to cover the gratuities. I emailed my PVP today to see if there were any price drops since I made the final payment a few weeks ago. I also check all the online sites to compare prices. I noticed several this since I made my final payment. The Carnival Website will not let me "Find a Cruise" to look at the prices for the cruise in which I'm now booked. I use to get emails from Carnival and my PVP at least twice a week before I booked an made final payment. Now I get nothing. My PVP told me today to look for the sales in my email. Is this a conspiracy to keep me from finding out if the price dropped? LOL

So, thanks to all of you, I called my TA last night. No names but it's also a warehouse store where I buy paper towels and laundry detergent and hummus by the ton. so, after (no kidding) 40 minutes on hold, I get a sympathetic sounding agent on the phone who hears the situation and asks me to hold. So, after ANOTHER 20 minutes on hold, she gets back on the phone and tells me she was on hold with Carnival for 20 minutes and then got cut off. She then recommends that I call back in the morning when they first open (when I am at work) to see if I can get somebody then. She tells me about all the people who are on hold and they're supposed to close in 20 minutes but won't and blah blah blah like I'm supposed to sympathize with her after being on perma-hold for an hour. Grrrr... If they didn't offer such good prices, I swear...it's just like shopping in their store. Good prices, long lines. So I guess I have to hope the price holds and call again. I was too tired to argue last night...

So, thanks to all of you, I called my TA last night. No names but it's also a warehouse store where I buy paper towels and laundry detergent and hummus by the ton. so, after (no kidding) 40 minutes on hold, I get a sympathetic sounding agent on the phone who hears the situation and asks me to hold. So, after ANOTHER 20 minutes on hold, she gets back on the phone and tells me she was on hold with Carnival for 20 minutes and then got cut off. She then recommends that I call back in the morning when they first open (when I am at work) to see if I can get somebody then. She tells me about all the people who are on hold and they're supposed to close in 20 minutes but won't and blah blah blah like I'm supposed to sympathize with her after being on perma-hold for an hour. Grrrr... If they didn't offer such good prices, I swear...it's just like shopping in their store. Good prices, long lines. So I guess I have to hope the price holds and call again. I was too tired to argue last night...

Well there whole raison d'etre is low prices with no customer service, so no surprise there. Better luck today. :)

Try try again, sounds like its worth persuing, Id call again today earlier if it was me. Iv been happy with them otherwise. I dont think they would have told you Carnival cut them off if it hadnt happened. Those reps are paid by the hour so they dont care if the commission goes down on the booking. Sounds like the same folks Iv been using.

Done! I got a CSR on the phone, was told no, it couldn't be done, asked for a supervisor like you all advised (and told him my sad story from last night) and eventually got my credit! Not the full amount, since they discount to begin with, but it'll cover my tips and a couple of drinks - can't complain!

Thank you all sooooo much!

It was a good and bad day. We had fully paid for our cruise last fall and then got the notice about the $35 PP fuel surcharge. I call my PVP to pay for this and bitch a little (not much at her since it was not her fault). Since i was talking with her i asked about price reductions. She checked and called me back to tell me that i was going to get a $580 OBC.

1. It cost me $175 in fuel surcharges

2. I actually had the OBC on my account at sign in.

3. Now i get the $175 back since they are refunding that.

All in all, ask and you might recieve. Please also make sure you ask. I was sure that the cruise was fully booked since it was spring break. But there was a discount still available. As for using a travel agent that will not pass this along, that is a separate topic with 1,000's of posts.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I booked a cruise through a chain wine store on Carnival. The price includes 4 free wine tastings. Evidently the price has dropped, but not by much($5). I spoke with the store owner and he said, yeah, he noticed that too and called the TA who is handling the bookings. I don't know how they are going to do this, but evidently they are adding a happy hour of some kind where those in the wine group are getting free drinks. I don't know if it's just wine or drinks, but I'll make do with either. :D They are not advertising this so I'll have to wait and see.

Ok, so if I am booked through a TA & see a price drop, I have to go through my TA, correct? I had originally booked through a Carnival PVP, but transferred the booking to a TA to save a few hundred (5 people). What are my chances of being able to take advantage of price drops through a TA? Anyone have any experience with that?

That would depend on your TA. Some TA's will pass that price drop through to you, where others will not (I assume the TA keeps the difference there). I have also booked mine with a PVP before and never had a problem getting my price drop when it happened. In fact, everytime i talk with my PVP or TA, i always ask them to check for price drops. It is free to ask and you might be surprised by the savings.

Archived