Jewel of the Seas Repo Cruise - 2009

amamba

Has anyone booked already for the Jewel of the Seas repo cruise in 2009? Or has anyone gone on one of these before? The price looks great, but I'm just not sure about the one way travel and the great number of sea days on the trip.

We did the 12 day repo on the Jewel from Boston 10/06. It was great!! At that time it went from Boston to Ft. Lauderdale. The Jewel is a beautiful ship. We experienced a great crew who were friendly and anxious to please. Our itinerary was Boston/ sea/Bermuda overnight/San Juan/St.Thomas/sea/Curacao/Aruba/sea/Ft. Lauderdale. The sea days were spaced and we do enjoy the days at sea. I can't seem to remember the itinerary on the cruise you are considering. I'm sure you will like the Jewel. We do like repo cruises and are considering them in the future.

Hope this helps.

Carol

We are doing this repositioning cruise in Oct 2009 on Jewel of the Seas. It does seem like a great itinerary and price. There is already a large roll call thread started in the roll call section. Check it out.

Boston to Miami, October 29, 2009
If you mean the Oct 27, 2009 cruise, there is a very active roll call on this cruise already. It was started on 3/25/08 and is already 20 pages long! :eek: So I'd say, yeah, some people have booked it already. ;)

Here's a link: Jewel of the Seas, Oct. 27, 2009 - 10 night "Halloween" Caribbean Cruise from Boston

We are doing a repo this year from London to Boston on the Jewel and I can't wait. We got fantastic price booking early and now it is over 1000$ more per person then we paid. We start in London, go to England, Wales, two ports in Ireland and then 3 days at sea St John's Newfoundland and then Boston.

Since we live just a few miles south of Boston, we love the repo cruise on Jewel of the Seas and have gone several times in the past since it only requires a one way flight back from Florida. If you check out my signature you will see that all four of my future cruises are on Jewel of the Seas - transatlantics and repos. I guess it would be hard to convince anyone that Jewel is not one of my very favorite ships. :D We were bereft when, last year, the Jewel did not come to Boston when it concluded its cruises in Europe.:) There are very active roll call threads for each of those four cruises. Check them out and join us.:)

DH and I are seriously considering this cruise for next year...it will be for our 20th wedding anniversary!! :)

I love the idea of lots of sea days since we are on the AOS this October and only have 1 sea day!! We have never been to St Croix, and love Aruba!!

the prices are amazing...we would probably still have 2 flights involved as Boston is 10 hours away, but that's what FF miles are for, right??? :)

have never done a repo cruise before but this one really sounds nice!!

Marsha

I'm intrigued - why is Jewel of the Seas such a favourite. How is it different from other RCCL ships?

BTW The itinerary sounds great.

We have only cruised on RCCL's Rhapsody of the Seas, on a repositioning cruise from Honolulu to Sydney, which we loved.

As we love sea days, we also love repositioning cruises.

I'm intrigued - why is Jewel of the Seas such a favourite. How is it different from other RCCL ships?

BTW The itinerary sounds great.

We have only cruised on RCCL's Rhapsody of the Seas, on a repositioning cruise from Honolulu to Sydney, which we loved.

As we love sea days, we also love repositioning cruises.

The ship IMO is the perfect size, with glass everywhere giving wonderful views no matter where you look. I have been on her two sister ships and LOVE them.

Archived