5 major airlines to charge for 2nd checked bag!

Leejnd4

Eileen, I think we met last Sept. on the Connie TA also. We'll also be on Infinity 6/6 with family. It'll be nice seeing you again.

Karyn

Hi Karyn, we met at sailaway. What a cruise!!!:D I mentioned to so many friends that I would not do another northern crossing due to the bumpy few days & nights on that crossing. But... as you can see, I'll never say never again...we're doing it again in 2009! Looking forward to Iceland.

Looking forward to Alaska with our family!

Hi Karyn, we met at sailaway. What a cruise!!!:D I mentioned to so many friends that I would not do another northern crossing due to the bumpy few days & nights on that crossing. But... as you can see, I'll never say never again...we're doing it again in 2009! Looking forward to Iceland.

Looking forward to Alaska with our family!

Eileen, did we meet on Connie? There were a lot of faces at sailaway, weren't there? You'll have the (mis)fortune of meeting me on Infinity in June too:cool:

I'm cutting back on the luggage this year. The man at the airport is still recovering from his hernia.

2282499570054958397S500x500Q85.jpg

Phil

Eileen,

I don't want to frighten you but we have a huge family group (including Karyn and Phil), our children and grandchildren will be there too.

I do remember meeting and hopefully we'll see more of you.

Joanie

Eileen, did we meet on Connie? There were a lot of faces at sailaway, weren't there? You'll have the (mis)fortune of meeting me on Infinity in June too:cool:

Phil

Hi Phil, No..we didn't meet on the Connie but I think you did a tour with our tablemates. Have enjoyed reading your responses on CC over the years. You have a real good sense of humor.:D See you on the Infinity!

Eileen,

I don't want to frighten you but we have a huge family group (including Karyn and Phil), our children and grandchildren will be there too.

I do remember meeting and hopefully we'll see more of you.

Joanie

Ma Bell, Your huge family group doesn't frighten me but I'm starting to wonder about a "full" ship. Reduced rates for "resident specials" added back to our credit card have been nice.

Looking forward!:)

The biggest cost will be how much you are over weight if you go economy; then the cost of extra $25 could add up to big dollars.

some airlines in the Asia pacific area allow sports allowance e g =golf clubs, surf boards, tennis rackets.ectra so check with airline abut your sports gear.maybe cheaper to hire Grumphy

Last week I was on a 4 day business trip. I took the train and the porter grunted and groaned ever time he lifted my one bag. :confused: I hadn't weighted it before I left, but I didn't think it was all that heavy. From the way he was acting it had several bricks in it. I got home and weighted it with my luggage scale. It was a big ole 30lbs!! :rolleyes:

Sounds like he was a forward thinker and knew it's never too early to start laying the groundwork for the next workmen's comp claim!

WE are in luck for our cruise May 8th. Tickets were purchased prior to the $25 rule for the second bag. In fact we are still good for our Nov cruise. Word now is US Air will be charging for pillows and soft drinks very shortly. Bev

Another airline just announced charge for additional luggage. Our peoples airline Air Canada is now on the bandwagon- charging on it's 2 lower price fares.

Hi,

I'm actually surprised it took them this long to join in....The ''2nd piece'' surcharge has now been gathering momentum for quite a few months in NorthAmerica......andhas been in effect in Europe long before that.

Next in line: international flight operators looking for ways to reduce costs as their fuel costs are ''from the same pump'',thus ,the same as domestic flights, and an unavoidable monster these days....

The good part: we're all getting a whole lot smarter in the packing department !!! And the chiropractors fraternity will soon report a loss in business due to fewer back injuries triggered by excessive luggage weight being lugged around in airports....

Cheers

:D

It's starting to look like the ol' cell phone bills. Starts out cheap enough, then 14 lines of taxes and surcharges and of course a charge for the Mexican-American war brings the grand total to: Oh my God!

Re: Air Canada

So far the press release states that the $25 fee on a second piece of luggage, is in effect for flights To US and in Canada. I have seen nothing of an extra cost to Europe.

Any one know more about extra fees in relationship to Europe?

Re: Air Canada

So far the press release states that the $25 fee on a second piece of luggage, is in effect for flights To US and in Canada. I have seen nothing of an extra cost to Europe. IMO, it's a matter of time before international flights ( To Europe or any other int'l destinations) are ''unbundled'', to use an airline lingo, and extra charges are assessed for 2nd piece of luggage, wine, etc...These flights fuel costs are everybit as onerous as the domestic ones, and costs have to be recovered somehow....

Any one know more about extra fees in relationship to Europe?

Hi,

You can ''pre-buy'' your extra pieces at, for exemple GBP3.98 a piece on EasyJet., every piece up to 4....BUT your total weight limit remains the same !!! So, they get you on the weight surcharge as well !!!

Cheers

:(

I am concerned about the extra charges, too. Not only are they starting to charge for extra baggage, but now they are talking about charging extra if you don't want to sit in the middle seat. It seems that there will be no end to the "extra" charges as long as we all want to continue flying.

Archived