OK to Share Coffee Card?

Bilyeu5

Not being a coffee connoisseur, I only have a cup of coffee after dinner. Are you saying that a cup of coffee after dinner in the dining room is not free? For me coffee from syrup or fresh...whatever...I can fix it with sweetener. Do I need to have a coffee card just to have a regular cup of coffee after dinner?

Thanks!!

No. It is free in the dining room at any meal. It just will not be fresh brewed.

Ron! I am shocked! You used to say you LOVED Princess's coffee made with syrup. Next thing we'll be reading that you're bringing bottled water onboard.

You have a good memory - I am not a coffee freak - one cup in the morning is adequate and the fresh brewed is a little better than the syrup stuff - but I still drink it occassionly.

As for water, I am considering bringing along at least two of the BIG jugs they use in water coolers or perhaps my own "Reverse Osmosis" plant.

Ron

On my Emerald cruise in January they said that the fresh brew coffee or teas were free but hot chocolate would count as one of the 15 speciality drinks allowed.

I was on the Emerald for the Jan 15 and Jan 30 sailing and I got free Hot chocolate with coffee card (no punches) as well as specialty tea and brewed coffee.

well once again it appears things are different depending on the ship, and even when it is the same ship, it depends who you are talking to.

I know for sure it was on the Emerald in Jan 08, as Mr. Deering (Passengers Services Director - now on Caribbean Princess) had tea with us and told us about the hot chocolate... but again policies seem to be not very consistent. Anyways, I personally didn't care for the hot chocolate -- but I usually like mine with Baileys :p

I was disappointed about the hot chocolate, as the last time before that when we had the coffee card it did include the hot chocolate. What did Mr. Deering say? Since he is on the Caribbean Princess now, perhaps he will change the policy there. I would be interested in knowing what he said about it when on the Emerald as I will be on the Carribbean Princess shortly and may have a chance to ask him about it.

I was disappointed about the hot chocolate, as the last time before that when we had the coffee card it did include the hot chocolate. What did Mr. Deering say? Since he is on the Caribbean Princess now, perhaps he will change the policy there. I would be interested in knowing what he said about it when on the Emerald as I will be on the Carribbean Princess shortly and may have a chance to ask him about it.

Mr. Deering said hot chocolate, tea and brewed coffee included... but I am sure the policy is the same or different or depends on who is serving or what the weather is -- lol -- just that policies seem to change so often. We did a back to back in Jan on the same ship and things were done different on the first cruise compared to second cruise. One example in Horizon court on first sailing everyone picked up their own utensils when getting food. On second sailing, the waiters/bus people handed them to you when you sat down wrapped in a napkin. And no norowalk was not an issue on either sailing... they said that they were told to do it this way.

Anyways...I am rambling, if hot chocolate is included great, if it is not then I guess it isn't. I would ask first before buying the card if it is one of the reasons you are buying it.

Happy sailing

Fun and Breezes2,

Click on the "Create your custom message" line underneath my ticker. Then click on the "gen countdown" at the left. (I think , anyway) It's kinda fun to make up your own colors, etc. And I like that it really does count down correctly unlike most of the others.

I suppose you can.

If you can't afford a second card and you feel it's ethically correct you can at least try.

I don't understand this answer, since others have said the cards are a punch system. What's the difference if we put two punches on one card, or one punch on each of two cards????? I certainly don't feel like we'd be "cheating", as your post implies. If we fill up one card, we'll buy another.

I don't know about the other ships, but at breakfast on the Island, Golden and Royal you could ask a waiter in Horizon to get your speciality coffee. He/she would take the card and get it punched at the bar and bring back the coffee. Definitely worth waiting for.

I don't understand this answer, since others have said the cards are a punch system. What's the difference if we put two punches on one card, or one punch on each of two cards????? I certainly don't feel like we'd be "cheating", as your post implies. If we fill up one card, we'll buy another.

I believe the poster was indicating that it is fine for the punches, but not ethical for two people to get the unlimited brewed coffee using just one card.

Archived