OK to Share Coffee Card?

Bilyeu5

There won't be a problem because it's not like the soda card. That card is for unlimited sodas. On the coffee card, you paid for a limited amount of cups and they don't care who you give them to.

My understanding is a certain number of specialty coffees (eg. latte, espresso)...but an unlimited amount of fresh brewed coffee. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

My understanding is a certain number of specialty coffees (eg. latte, espresso)...but an unlimited amount of fresh brewed coffee. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are NOT wrong.. :D

Enjoy all of the fresh brewed coffee you can drink..

Been so long since I sailed, so I don't remember.... regular brewed coffee isn't free? I'm thinking it was available in the buffet all the time, but I could be wrong. It's been 9 yrs since our last cruise, but we have one coming up to Alaska and we'll need our hot coffee!! So would it make sense to buy this card if we don't want the specialty coffees - only the regular brewed???

also don't forget not only does it include unlimited brewed coffee you also get unlimited hot chocolate and/or specialty teas.... which works for us, I get my latte and hubby gets good tea served in a tea pot! Hot chocolate was just okay but not a big fan

Been so long since I sailed, so I don't remember.... regular brewed coffee isn't free? I'm thinking it was available in the buffet all the time, but I could be wrong.

Buffet coffee is free but is made from syrup, not fresh brewed.

Ok, now my question is: If you're standing out on the deck somewhere viewing the scenery, will someone come by asking if you want coffee? Or will hubby have to leave his post and go to the nearest bar, lounge, etc. to get it? The good fresh brewed stuff, that is... not the syrup.

Thanks everyone for the information on the coffee card. I will definitely buy one as that syrup stuff tastes like mud.

If it is $25 for 15 specialty coffees and unlimited fresh brewed, that will be fine with me.

That syrup reminds me of the bottles of Camp Coffee which was sold during the war and just after.

We are on a 12 day cruise so it will be just fine. Nice that you can share it, I do drink more coffee than my dh. I like the specialty teas as well as does he.

We will be on the Grand in June. We were on the Sapphire in Jan. 2005 and they didn't have a coffee card.

Johanna

There won't be a problem because it's not like the soda card. That card is for unlimited sodas. On the coffee card, you paid for a limited amount of cups and they don't care who you give them to.

Thanks for this explanation clarifying the difference between the soda card and the coffee card. That's exactly what was confusing me!

We might through a coffee card pretty quickly, but assume we can always buy another.

Where can you get this fresh brewed coffee? At dinner? Buffet? Room service?? Just curious. Same for hot chocolate. Thanks everyone.

Usually at a bar.

The lobby bar is where I got all of mine on our last cruise.

OK here goes my views on the card.

You can use it in the Restaurant(s), Buffet and the patisserie.

The coffee they use is so weak it's hardly coloured milk that they serve.

We complained for the first two cups (*2) and they put an extra shot in for free each time.

The third round to save complaining we asked for extra strong cappuccinos, which is what we got but at a cost of 3 punches for each cup!!!

Needless to say a quick word with the manager put things back on an even keel and Helen,. an English server in the patisserie brought us perfect coffees daily:p

The card is $24 plus the 15% gratuity - About the only place you can get the fresh brewed is in the patisserie or the international cafe. We buy one card and in the morning we get two fesh brewed and take it to breakfast.

Ron

Not being a coffee connoisseur, I only have a cup of coffee after dinner. Are you saying that a cup of coffee after dinner in the dining room is not free? For me coffee from syrup or fresh...whatever...I can fix it with sweetener. Do I need to have a coffee card just to have a regular cup of coffee after dinner?

Thanks!!

Archived