Newbie Breakfast question

itf

I'm with LoveSanibel - the breakfast conversations can be fun. Little bit of a dining roulette, if you will, you never know what you will get.

The waiters can also be fun in the morning, less stress than a dinner service although you might occasionally be seated with people who want to eat quick and get out, but don't let others rush you or keep you - dine on your own schedule.

Best times for the dining room for breakfast:

Any sea day

Last morning before disembarking -- much less stressful than buffet

On days when you have an early shore excursion, there may not be time for that leisurely breakfast in the dining room.

Be aware that:

Hours are limited, for example 7:00-9:00, so if you like to sleep late....

However, as long as you are seated by closing time you will be served.

The menu has a list of what is available everyday along with two or three specials for that day. Sometimes the menu will be posed outside the dining room the evening before after the dinner service is over.

Only one of the dining rooms will be open for breakfast (and lunch). It is (on the Grand class ships) the one on deck 6 near the atrium.

The dining room breakfasts are wonderful. So much more respectable than the buffet. Always fun to meet new people or you can request a table for two. If you like fresh sqeezed OJ, ask for it that way. The daily specials are fun but do repeat on longer cruises.

Love those dinning room breakfasts. Look for the eggs Benedict and fresh fruit. Yum!

Cruise sitdown "formal" breakfast and lunch are probably the thing that stands out most between cruise eating and our other vacations eats.

In general, on all vacations we always have many nice high end dinners that easily rivals what we get on a cruise. Always with better food and generally without the silly fanfare about what to wear :p

But we almost never make the time for a more formal sitdown breakfast / lunch with a nicer selection of food.. I recommend make the effort and get up early to enjoy that formal breakfast and lunch. :cool:

I'm an early riser but my dh likes to sleep late on vacation. I love to get up early, do laps on the promenade deck as the sun rises and then go to the dining room for breakfast. It is such a delightful way to start the day and I have met lovely people over my morning coffee. We also love to eat lunch in the dining room. It's an opportunity to try dishes I wouldn't normally have at home.

Just got off the Golden and we were unimpressed with the breakfasts in the dining room. We only went to breakfast in the dining room twice and both times we thought the food was the same as what was in the buffet and took too long for us. Lunches were pretty good, but the dinners were fantastic. I could easily skip breakfast and lunch in the dining room, but never the dinners. Just our experience.

When you walk in to the dining room, you are asked how many in your party and seated at random. Fun to meet new people and the breakfasts are terrific!

Added bonus of no Horizon Court line and table search :-)!

I totally agree! On my last cruise, we ate breakfast and lunch in the Horizon Court for 2 days, but got tired of the food lines and table search. Plus, the food was mediocre.

From then on we went to the dining room and had great food, no wait for seating, and fun people to eat with. We could take as long as we wanted or go quickly if needed. Because of not waiting in lines or for tables, we actually ate faster than in the H.C. And waitstaff was so helpful.

Archived