Cigarette sales onboard?

Any liquor you buy in the ship's shop is held until the last night of your cruise.

I figured that. :( Oh well, just thought I'd ask!! :)

Thanks for all the response!

Now I know I need to pack enough deathsticks to last the two weeks :p

I was more concerned with having them than bringing th em back, but now I know EVERYTHING there is to know.......

I once ran short on a transatlantic and had to buy onboard and ended up changing brands....

And Bob, don't you think that apples with razor blades might be a mite better for the local children than ciggies? ;)

Ahoy!

...is your not allowed to take produce off the ship.;)

Now don't get me started joking arounding. We're trying to maintain some decorum on this board.

Seriously, have a WONDERFUL CRUISE (cough, cough)!

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

YES :D They are what I smoke.

Ray

Lucky you, Ray! :)

No Marlboro 100's- either Light or Ultra Light on both the Volendam and the Amsterdam. (2006 and 2007)

I ended up with, and am still smoking, Marlboro Lights... :(

I figured that. :( Oh well, just thought I'd ask!! :)

You can pre-order liquor fairly inexpensively and have it delivered to your cabin. We do it all the time. :)

It's not as cheap as duty-free, but since we don't/won't smuggle, it's a nice alternative for us. A liter of Absolut and 4-5 tonics is about $35 with the gratuity.

Thanks!! :D It's good to know that they let you keep what you buy in the Duty Free shops (at least for cigarrettes). Does that go for booze as well?

You can buy booze, but at a premium.

You'll notice two prices ... "Buy-it-know", which will be more expensive. And duty-free, at the cheaper rate.

If you know that you and yours will finish the entire bottle by voyage end, go for it. For less expensive options to take home, you'd be better off making those purchases in port.

Enjoy! :)

You'll notice two prices ... "Buy-it-know", which will be more expensive. And duty-free, at the cheaper rate.

If you know that you and yours will finish the entire bottle by voyage end, go for it. For less expensive options to take home, you'd be better off making those purchases in port.

Hi, Vic. Long time, no "see".

It must have been a while since you've purchased liquor in a HAL shop. You can no longer purchase there to take with you to the cabin to enjoy while cruising. Purchases are held until the last night of the cruise when they are delivered to your cabin.

Hi, Vic. Long time, no "see".

It must have been a while since you've purchased liquor in a HAL shop. You can no longer purchase there to take with you to the cabin to enjoy while cruising. Purchases are held until the last night of the cruise when they are delivered to your cabin.

Time does fly when you're having fun ... ;)

Had no idea they changed that. But it doesn't effect me either way since I don't bother purchasing thier hooch. (Unless it's a good deal, and I don't have to fly ... )

Nice seeing you again, and hope all is well! :)

My husband and I were on the Zuiderdam last August and sampled some liqueurs at the shop onboard. We didn't buy any, but one of the chief selling points made by the fellow selling it was that whoever bought any could take the liquor back to their cabin and enjoy it for the rest of the cruise. I don't know whether it applied only to these liqueurs, but it was clear from his repetition of "you can take it back to your cabin tonight and enjoy it there," that he knew how important to purchasers that was.

Has the liquor policy changed so much since then?

Archived