Carnival's Glory ..Port Canaveral?

We're going for our second time in Nov. We did Eastern in '06 and we're doing western this time. There are multiple threads about Glory on this site. It's still a fairly new ship (like 5 years old) and we really enjoyed our cruise on her.

Wonderful ship, wonderful crew. The Orlando airport is about a 45 minute drive from the port, many rent a car for a day, and there is also a reasonably priced shuttle that makes the trip, I think it is called the Cocoa beach Shuttle. This is an awesome port to depart from, Cocoa Beach isn't a big city so when spending the night before we were able to find our way around very easily, most everything you need is on one main road.

MAC

Like the other posters have said, Orlando is the closest airport to Port Canaveral. It's a straight shot down the Bee Line. Very nice port to sail out of. Embarkation for us on the Glory was very easy.

Has anyone been on this ship?

What is the closest airport to this port and how far is it to the port?

Actually, Melbourne International Airport (MLB) is almost half the distance than Orlando (MCO) to the port. Driving times will not be half, because you're on slower roads than the Beachline.

The problem/s with MLB is reduced flight choices, fewer airlines and usually higher fares. Nice little airport, very easy to get in/out, but nowhere near the selection of flights.

You will have an OUTSTANDING time on Glory, wonderful ship and friendly crew. If you drive from the Orlando airport, just look for the signs that say 528 East, and it will take you right to the port.

I don't think we have enough time off to sail her again before she moves, but I would if I could:)

Nope - nobody here has been on that ship...

(SORRY, I couldn't resist :D )

Tom

lol you dont know how many times Iv wanted to post that!!!! Iv had to knock my hands away from the keyboard. Has anyone ever ..... fill in the blank.

Great ship! We are going on her for the second time this October. As for MCO and PC I love flying into MCO and leaving from PC has been great for us.

Tell your husband thaks for his service and Semper Fi:) . USMC 1970-1974

I have a son in the USAF stationed in Balad, Iraq right now.

Like the other posters have said, Orlando is the closest airport to Port Canaveral. It's a straight shot down the Bee Line. Very nice port to sail out of. Embarkation for us on the Glory was very easy.

Actually, they changed the name from Bee Line to Beach Line. It is still 528 and it is still a toll road. I just mentioned this so the op doesn't look for the Bee Line and waste a lot of time.

Just got back yesterday after a wonderful week on the Glory. We did the eastern itinerary, and really enjoyed it.:) The staff on board was outstanding and very professional. Our room steward Alfred was a hoot. In particular, Joseph, the Golden dining room Maitre'D was really "supercharged".:eek: If you are in the Golden dining room be ready for shhhhhowtime. Have a great cruise.

Bee Line is a toll road. Have some cash with you.

We just returned on the 26th from the Glory. I am a die hard RCCL fan, but found that the Glory was GREAT ! ! Many things I liked better than RCCL, but other things I liked better on RCCL. I will definately cruise on Carnival again. I was that pleased. You will love the Glory. A great ship and great staff. I love leaving from Port Canaveral. My favorite port by far. Have a great time.

Archived