Can you carry flowers onto the ship?

redhead1

I'll be cruising on the Star Princess in 2 weeks, and this is the first cruise that doesn't involve airplanes. I know we are allowed to bring wine aboard, but what about flowers?

I'm thinking I'll be downtown Seattle, I could stop at the Pike Street Market and pick up some stargazer lilies and bring them with me. Allowed? Forbidden?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, lots of people took flowers from Pikes and refreshed in Tahiti.

If we had had extra hands to carry them, I would have picked up some at Pikes, they were stunning and so cheap too:)

Cheap is an uderstament. $5.00 for a beautiful bouquet. We passed and every time we see flowers on travel, my DW reminds me. So I always buy flowers for her on travel to remind her how much I care.:p

Cheap is an uderstament. $5.00 for a beautiful bouquet. We passed and every time we see flowers on travel, my DW reminds me. So I always buy flowers for her on travel to remind her how much I care.:p

We had our 2 kids with us and were going on a 30 day cruise so we had so much and just no more hands to carry flowers so we passed too but next time we leave from Seattle I will be buying some, I do have some pics of them to remind me. I haven't seen flowers like that since, although my roses from Costco on my counter are good too:D :D

Good to know that you can carry them on board. The flowers in the shops of Pikes Market were stunning and I remember taking lots of pictures of the last year :)

Can't think of a better way to brighten up the cabin for a trip up the coast to Alaska :D

What if you have an inside cabin? :eek:

no difference - cabin size is about the same as a balcony but you don't get the added out door space, same table surfaces for the flowers in both cabins - 2 night stands, above fridge/below tv, desk with cabinet.

I know what you mean about stargazers, we had some of those lillies last year in a princess bouquet and I kept waking up in the morning to this funny smell (I kept thinking it smelled like hotdogs) but it was the flowers! Only made me hungry :rolleyes:

no difference - cabin size is about the same as a balcony but you don't get the added out door space, same table surfaces for the flowers in both cabins - 2 night stands, above fridge/below tv, desk with cabinet.

They sure don't feel the same size.

Been there done that, I would not want to be fighting my way around a large flower arrangement all week especially in an inside.

But to each his own. :)

I'll be cruising on the Star Princess in 2 weeks, and this is the first cruise that doesn't involve airplanes. I know we are allowed to bring wine aboard, but what about flowers?

I'm thinking I'll be downtown Seattle, I could stop at the Pike Street Market and pick up some stargazer lilies and bring them with me. Allowed? Forbidden?

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't have thought of this. Does anyone know of a good place to find an arrangement in Vancouver?

Thanks!

If you have time go to Granville Island market. They have a flower shop in the market that is fantastic. Many types of flowers to choose from and they will make an arrangement for you on the spot with the flowers you choose. I've bought flowers from them in the past and have never been disappointed.

I wouldn't have thought of this. Does anyone know of a good place to find an arrangement in Vancouver?

Thanks!

My favorite place is Angela and Gabriel in Royal City Centre Mall, about four blocks from the pier, it is also where the Burrard Skytrain station is. To get there from pier walk to the road facing it, turn right walk one block to Burrard, turn left (can't turn right), walk up to Pender and enter the mall, it is underground.

Also there is a nice place on Granville Street but the road is a mess because they are building a new skytrain line.

But both of these places will cost you about the same for flowers as the ship will, but better selection.

Yes Granville Island is GREAT, but it is a distance away, you would have to take a bus or taxi and give yourself about an hour to do the entire trip (including shopping) but if you are in town early or overnight definately go there and walk around it is great.

Vickie

Does this vary from port to port? cruiseline to cruiseline?

Our flowers were taken in August while boarding the Carnival Liberty in Fort Lauderdale.

Think I can try taking flowers onboard the Crown from Fort Lauderdale?

Archived