*Oxygen Services Onboard ???*

If you use Apria of one of the big national vendors for the O2 I would suggest also talking with them. Apria in particular I've seen taking stuff aboard for guests so the national vendors have experience working with RCCL and the other lines.

If you use a more localized vendor at home you will probably have more leg work to do to have it all happen smoothly.

I've seen several pax with O2 so it does happen and the pax have a nice trip.

DH needed oxygen one year - we had to arrange for the airline to supply it on the plane and with the cruiseline to supply it onboard - we could not bring our own.

We have just made all the arrangements to have oxygen on our November Cruise. You will have to call "Special Needs Access Coordinator" at RCCL 800-722-5422. The supplier RCCL perfers is "Special Needs at Sea" 800-513-4515.

We have never sailed with RCCL before ,usually with HAL, and when we ariive at the stateroom the concentrator and tanks are already there. No hassle.

Also, if you have Medicare it will not cover this but, if you have secondary insurance, check with them as they may cover it because as soon as you board as foreign flagged ship it is assumed that you are in a foreign country.

Hope this helps and have a great cruise. Sue

Hi Raina -- thought of you today when we drove down 95 and saw the sign for Ladysmith!

Anyway, don't know about the oxygen use, but because DH had a C-PAP machine this last cruise, we had a bright red "Oxygen in Use" sign on our door. Couldn't miss our cabin after a fun night!

Archived