Live from Insignia May 10- 2008

kathy16

We disembarked from her on Saturday in Istanbul and did your trip in reverse..do you have any questions? If possible take the shore excursion in Santorini that is Oia and Santorini Panorama..and in Monaco to St. Paul de Vence...evryone LOVED those two towns!

Sherry

Suggestion- take the O tour on Delos. Going to Mykonos this afternoon. Reserved a sailing excursion on Santorini. Hope it works out.

Food on board is great. First night, reserve in special restaurants- doesn't count for one of the "official" reservations.

Went on private excursion today- catamaran sail for 5 hours- found reviews on these boards before cruise- for sailing in santorini- wonderful way to spend the day and Captain Ted is very personable.

Tomorrow-Athens...

A-1 concierge (balcony). I hear all the bathrooms are small, until PH or larger. But you deal with it- so what if toes hang out below the shower curtain... Really love having a balcony- you really do use it, despite the port intensive itinerary. Would have preferred paying a little less for "lower" level balcony.

We are having a wonderful time- ship is fantastic- all the staff is exceedingly helpful and very nice. Really enjoying meeting new people. Sorry, that we only have a week left. Already booked NZ/SYD cruise for Jan 09. Tomorrow, we have a sea day- really need it after the near constant activity in port.

You'll love it! Tomorrow, we go to Amalfi. Booked a trip to Pompeii and the Amalfi coast.

Have enjoyed the entertainment on board. Loved the classical latin guitarist, but he left at Athens.

The magician had a magic trick show - "magic for grandparents", but we went too- and he was wonderful- showed us how to do "magic" - standing room only.

The food is good- eat way too much, but try to walk around the upper deck for exercis.

It looks like your itinerary is similar to the one my husband and I will be taking on 9/29 on the Nautica. We're trying to decide whether to take a tour to Pompeii (the ship will dock in Amalfi). Can you let us know whether you enjoyed your tour there and who you hired to take you there? I send two e-mails to DriveAmalfi (many people recommended them) concerning a tour to Pompeii but never got a response from them.....

Thanks!

We just returned from a drive of amalfi coast- amalfi, ravello, positano, (400 euros) as well as a visit to Pompeii- driven by APTours. The driver was absolutely fantastic, the private Pompeii tour guide- Pina (110 Euros) was wonderful also. I'd advise posting on your roll call to get other pax to share with you to reduce costs. I tried, but no one seemed to be interested or respond. Found out one possible reason while on board - almost no one I talked to here seemed to even have heard of cruise critic and message boards.

We really loved Istanbul, especially our hotel- Ada hotel- owner was very nice and helpful. We used Ekol tours for a private 4 day Istanbul tour and 1 day Ephesesus tour- special price with the volume.

I'd advise posting on your roll call to get other pax to share with you to reduce costs. I tried, but no one seemed to be interested or respond. Found out one possible reason while on board - almost no one I talked to here seemed to even have heard of cruise critic and message boards.

When we have booked private tours & have empty spots we always mention it to our dining companions once on board.

Some people do not have plans & are willing to join your group.

we had one couple cancel the O excursion & join us;)

Did you dock or tender in the following ports: Rhodes, Mykonos, Delos, Santorini, Amalfi/Positano, and Taromina? Have you used the laundry facilities? If so, did you have a long wait? Which ship's tours did you do? Did you use a cabana on the ship?

We didn't use a cabana- doesn't seem like much time to use it- with only 1 sea day, plus we have a balcony. We use laundry on Mykonos day, when we're there until 10, and a lot of pax on shore. We haven't used any ship excursion yet- tomorrow, we are planning to go on the Budva and Kotor ship excursion. Our other excursions have been private. We tendered in Amalfi, Taormina,Santorini- will dock in kotor, tender in Dubrovnik.

Spent morning in Dubrovnik, now on to Venice and the end of the cruise on saturday. Really enjoying everything. Specialty restaurants very good. GDR also good. Loved the Sasha band and Odessa String Quartet. Any ?? while I'm still aboard?

Spent morning in Dubrovnik, now on to Venice and the end of the cruise on saturday. Really enjoying everything. Specialty restaurants very good. GDR also good. Loved the Sasha band and Odessa String Quartet. Any ?? while I'm still aboard?

Hello Kathy

Glad you have enjoyed your cruise. Could you answer a query re the laundry. I have to use a non-biological powder for both of us due to skin allergy problems. I vaguely remember being unable to use the laundry on Regatta as there was a pre-measured dose of powder and it was just normal powder. Is there any way I could use non-biological tablets if I brought them with me.

Thank you very much

Shirley

Hello Kathy

Glad you have enjoyed your cruise. Could you answer a query re the laundry. I have to use a non-biological powder for both of us due to skin allergy problems. I vaguely remember being unable to use the laundry on Regatta as there was a pre-measured dose of powder and it was just normal powder. Is there any way I could use non-biological tablets if I brought them with me.

Thank you very much

Shirley

Not Kathy but I will answer anyway!

The ships use liquid detergent but I have used my own powdered one.... just do not push the button on the wall dispenser.

Make sure it is for front load washers

Admittedly, any ranking of tours and destinations is highly subjective. But as one planning a Mediterranean cruise and torn over itinerary, I am interested in what places you found especially satisfying, and met or even exceeded expectations, and what places you might pass on were you to do it again.

Not Kathy but I will answer anyway!

The ships use liquid detergent but I have used my own powdered one.... just do not push the button on the wall dispenser.

Make sure it is for front load washers

Thank you for your help. Shirley

Archived