Alot of vacancies....why?????

lil buddy

We were in a 6th floor OS and it did vibrate and was noisey when you were going full throttle. If I had to do it again, I would skip 7 and go to 6 only because I would want to avoid noise and vibration as much as I could. That is just me though. It is true the higher you go up, the smaller the deck. I can't imagine the noise from Tapas could really be that bad but I will let others opine on that. I would accept that noise in place of the noise on the 6th floor. The shower/bath is also a jacuzzi, which I found to be quite nice. The OS is very nice and the butler service is very good.

Mark

Please tell me that, at least, the tubs have safety rails to make getting in and out a little easier.

We have decided to stay on deck 8 and take our chances with the restaurant....we LOVE tapas so maybe we'll be there more then in our

room...lol

Thanks for all your comments and help.

We were in a 6th floor OS and it did vibrate and was noisey when you were going full throttle. If I had to do it again, I would skip 7 and go to 6 only because I would want to avoid noise and vibration as much as I could.

You said you were on Deck 6 and that it was noisy and vibrated at full throttle, but then you said you would go to Deck 6 to avoid noise and vibration.

Did you mean to say you would go to Deck 7 to avoid noise and vibration?

Hi Cool Cruiser. We meet again I think. I have just indented for the Oceania Insignia cruise IONIAN INSPIRATIONS Oct 19. Have been offered 3 choices of Suites at same price as Balcony staterooms, which is odd, but therefore indicated that 8018 on Deck would be our choice, although now that I read about the noise I am seriously reconsidering. We are not early sleepers as we always dine late, so it might not be a problem but before I actually give my deposit I would appreciate any input from anyone. In fact if the website had run properly I would have seen the full layout of the deck in relation to the noisy bits, but unfortunately it was not enlarging so I just best guessed. Thanks everyone for all the comments; its very helpful when changing cruise lines to know what to expect.

In fact if the website had run properly I would have seen the full layout of the deck in relation to the noisy bits, but unfortunately it was not enlarging so I just best guessed. Thanks everyone for all the comments; its very helpful when changing cruise lines to know what to expect.

You might try this site for larger views of the deck plan

http://www.cruiseaway.com.au/cruiselines/oceania_cruises/ships/insignia/deck_plans.html

You would be under the pool deck.

I'm commenting on one of the earliest posts in this thread but what the heck.

We were in an Deck 8 OS (8067?) on Regatta and loved it. It was far superior to the Deck 7 VS we had on our next cruise, just because of the noise factor forward when docking and leaving port.

In the future I think I'd opt for an OS or a PH ... skip the VS. But that's just me!

Mura

Archived