Alot of vacancies....why?????

lil buddy

:confused: I just booked the Jan 3rd O Regatta and I keep reading how quickly the Owners Suites fill up but yesterday, I had a choice of 2 on deck 6, 1 on deck 7 and 1 on deck 8.

I chose deck 8 but now am wondering why there are so many available

and did I make the right choice of decks ?

Love all the input that these boards provide and I hope someone can help with this.

Also, is it correct that the O/S does NOT have a seperate shower but only a tub?

Thanks in advance

:confused: I just booked the Jan 3rd O Regatta and I keep reading how quickly the Owners Suites fill up but yesterday, I had a choice of 2 on deck 6, 1 on deck 7 and 1 on deck 8.

I chose deck 8 but now am wondering why there are so many available

and did I make the right choice of decks ?

Love all the input that these boards provide and I hope someone can help with this.

Also, is it correct that the O/S does NOT have a seperate shower but only a tub?

Thanks in advance

IMHO I would take either 7114 or 7119 whichever is available and it is true the OS has no shower only a tub..

The why could be the destination but I wouldnt worry the ship will definitely fill up!

Jancruz1

Just got an e mail from "O" yesterday. Last chance to book Baltic cruises for July and Aug. I was surprised that there are vacancies so close - the first one they offer is July 2 (I think). Offering 40% off and airfare.

To be precise, the OS has a combo shower and tub. The absence of a separate shower is a real negative, but the suite is very nice. Grab deck 7! This sudden appearance of OS may reflect my feeling that O's deposits for these suites is too low. $1000 can tie up a suite for a year. Suites that are this much in demand should have higher prices/higher deposits/higher cancellation penalties. This would result in a more significant commitments and fewer last minute cancellations. We plan our trips well in advance and simply forget about O when OS/VS are not available.

hrprof: we agree with you. As much as we love O, we hate the fight to try to get an OS or VS. Just booked b-b on Azamara. We got the suite we wanted and the OS and VS now have separate showers and tubs. That was one of the much needed improvements they made. I wonder if there are now OS available if Azamara is not cutting into Oceania's business on the high end suites.:confused:

Why is it such a negative to have a tub/shower combination? Every place I've ever lived has had that, and I've never wished it was any other way. I'm obviously missing something.

Why is it such a negative to have a tub/shower combination? Every place I've ever lived has had that, and I've never wished it was any other way. I'm obviously missing something.

What you're missing is being a bit older with loss of some mobility! Stepping over the gunwales of a tub on to a wet floor on a pitching ship is a recipe for a prematurely terminated cruise!

Re deck 7. It has a slightly smaller balcony than deck 6 and slightly larger than deck 8. It is more removed from engine vibrations and not located under the Terrace restaurant on deck 9.

To be precise, the OS has a combo shower and tub. The absence of a separate shower is a real negative, but the suite is very nice.

Thanks for this clarification. When I read Jan's post of only a tub in the OS, needless to say, papers started flying around my desk as I searched for an Oceania brochure and my cruise documents. My wife was laughing as I read to make sure there was a shower in the cabin. Of course, I was ranting, "What in the hell am I gonna do for 14 days and nights without a shower?" She said not to worry that she was sure we could get the butler to pour hot water over my head on the balcony and I could shower that way...laughing.

We are currently in Europe.

Vienna was full of Americans and all manner of other tourists.

We are now in a remote part of the Alps with many Americans.

The US Airways flight to Frankfurt was full and it was not all business men. We don't shop so the unusually weak dollar and high prices only effect us in hotel and food rates.

Just got an e mail from "O" yesterday. Last chance to book Baltic cruises for July and Aug. I was surprised that there are vacancies so close - the first one they offer is July 2 (I think). Offering 40% off and airfare.

I cleared the waitlist for July 16 as did someone else in my roll-call. This is Oceania's "signature" cruise in Europe so I don't think it will stay open for very long.

Jana

The rooms left are all either inside or no balcony cabins- I think always the hardest to sell on O.

I was a bit concerned about the terrace restaurant above us, so maybe

I'll heed your advise about deck 7, if it's still available.

As to the shower, it sure would be nice to have it seperate, but not a deal breaker......butler and hot water sounds perfect..lol

hrprof: we agree with you. As much as we love O, we hate the fight to try to get an OS or VS. Just booked b-b on Azamara. We got the suite we wanted and the OS and VS now have separate showers and tubs. That was one of the much needed improvements they made. I wonder if there are now OS available if Azamara is not cutting into Oceania's business on the high end suites.:confused:

Not sure where you got the information that Azamara has separate shower and tubs..but whoever told you that was incorrect it is still a shower and tub combination, exactly the same as Oceania.

Jancruz1

Thanks for this clarification. When I read Jan's post of only a tub in the OS, needless to say, papers started flying around my desk as I searched for an Oceania brochure and my cruise documents. My wife was laughing as I read to make sure there was a shower in the cabin. Of course, I was ranting, "What in the hell am I gonna do for 14 days and nights without a shower?" She said not to worry that she was sure we could get the butler to pour hot water over my head on the balcony and I could shower that way...laughing.

Sorry Lane, I did that early in the morning..it is the flexible hand held shower that I always set before hand so I dont have to hold it while showering..I love the bathrooms in the OS the size is wonderful and I also love the dressing table right outside the bathroom so I dont have to put on my makeup while the steam from the shower is hitting me in the face..

Jancruz1

OS and VS now have separate showers and tubs. That was one of the much needed improvements they mad

So you are saying that Azamara has added separate showers in those suites? What did they have to remove in order to fit in a separate shower? I do much prefer to have a separate shower. Can someone please link to photos which show the differences between the suite bathrooms on both Azamara and Oceania?

Holland America has lovely bathrooms with separate showers in even their lowest suites on the Vista-class ships. Of course, I will not cruise on Holland America anymore due to the smokiness of the ships, but the bathrooms are nice.

The complete sequence below should answer your questions....

...on Azamara. We got the suite we wanted and the OS and VS now have separate showers and tubs. That was one of the much needed improvements they made...

Not sure where you got the information that Azamara has separate shower and tubs..but whoever told you that was incorrect it is still a shower and tub combination, exactly the same as Oceania.

Jancruz1

Jancruz1: I stand corrected.

This information came from an Azamara telephone rep.

It won't change anything for us, however, they should definitely train their reps. to give out correct information.:(

We have taken two cruises in OS, and I would be willing to give up the powder room to rearrange the bathroom to allow for a separate shower. I find getting in and out of the tub rather dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...
What you're missing is being a bit older with loss of some mobility! Stepping over the gunwales of a tub on to a wet floor on a pitching ship is a recipe for a prematurely terminated cruise!

Re deck 7. It has a slightly smaller balcony than deck 6 and slightly larger than deck 8. It is more removed from engine vibrations and not located under the Terrace restaurant on deck 9.

Agree with you there re: the huge climb over into the tub look...have always loved the tub, but a sep shower would be a better thing and that has been a topic for years..

Deck 6 OS balconies are the deepest..and I love that deck..would not take 8 for the restaurant chair dragging noise..

We have taken two cruises in OS, and I would be willing to give up the powder room to rearrange the bathroom to allow for a separate shower. I find getting in and out of the tub rather dangerous.

Right..this has been suggested to the powers that "were"...they could open that wall and turn that into the shower....:rolleyes:

Archived