Hair Conditioner and Body Lotion?

We're experienced cruisers -but new to RCI. We sailing on Independence of Seas on June 14th and I've read 2 reviews that say that hair conditioner and body lotion are not provided. We are not picky about what brand we use, but Do I really have to pack these items for a 14 day cruise for 3 of us?

We had both 2 weeks ago on the Mariner(several bottles of each).........not sure if its cuz we're diamond plus or not.........heard some don't get the toiletries anymore..

We're experienced cruisers -but new to RCI. We sailing on Independence of Seas on June 14th and I've read 2 reviews that say that hair conditioner and body lotion are not provided. We are not picky about what brand we use, but Do I really have to pack these items for a 14 day cruise for 3 of us?

Yes...........you need to bring your own conditioner and lotion. There is a combo gel/shampoo in a dispenser in the shower but many prefer to bring their own shampoo too!

We had both 2 weeks ago on the Mariner(several bottles of each).........not sure if its cuz we're diamond plus or not.........heard some don't get the toiletries anymore..

We've had them on our cruises since becoming D+ .............. there were small bottles of shampoo, conditioner and lotion plus a little box with a shower cap, cotton balls and q-tips.

On our first cruise as Platinum C&A members ( On the Legend OTS) we had nice big bottles of lotion, shampoo and conditioner, but haven't seen any since (and we are now Diamond) I always just bring my own, as the stuff in the shower just strips my hair color, and dries out my skin!

If you don't want BRING a big bottle, just plan to buy it in your first port. It probably won't be what you're used to, but if you're not picky you'll be fine.

If you need conditioner, absolutely bring your own. The "shampoo" they have in the shower (that is supposed to be shampoo and conditioner) was just AWFUL. I went searching for conditioner once I got on the ship and they didn't sell any. I had to wait until the third day of our cruise before I got to a port that sold it.

And going away for two weeks -you'll go nuts if you don't bring your own.

Archived