plays in london in july

which plays would you recomend?
If you're looking for a tribute show, Mamma Mia.

If you're looking for other light-hearted musicals, the Lion King.

And if you've never seen it, go to Phantom while it's still on.

But in London theatre terms, none of these are really "plays".

You can also get tickets at www.ticketmaster.co.uk

I mentioned this on the other thread about this same topic: I would definitely recommend Wicked becaused the lead is fantastic. Last summer, we saw Lord of the Rings. The staging was excellent, but I don't even know what's playing this summer. We got those tickets (Lord of the Rings) at the 1/2 price booth.

We've seen Mamma Mia in London and in the US, and the London production we saw was much better.

I just purchased tickets for Spamalot for our post-cruise visit upcoming...Searched the net and found a deal on £55.00 Orchestra seats, second row center for only £78.00 for two, total including handling fees from http://www.londontheatredirect.com (in case it's censored out by this site, it's londontheaterdirect dot com)...

Works out better than any of those dinner and show deals we've seen--we can eat anywhere we want for the price difference.

Last post-cruise in London, we saw "Joseph" and got the tickets at the half price booth at Leicester Square...but, this time, we felt it wasn't worth the hassle of wasting part of our day getting there, standing in line and dealing with the limited choice on remaining tickets...It's great if it's a spur of the moment thing, but I'll pay a few dollars more to avoid the hassle and know what I've got in advance...

I just purchased tickets for Spamalot for our post-cruise visit upcoming...Searched the net and found a deal on £55.00 Orchestra seats, second row center for only £78.00 for two, total including handling fees from www.londontheatredirect.com (in case it's censored out by this site, it's londontheaterdirect dot com)...

Works out better than any of those dinner and show deals we've seen--we can eat anywhere we want for the price difference.

Last post-cruise in London, we saw "Joseph" and got the tickets at the half price booth at Leicester Square...but, this time, we felt it wasn't worth the hassle of wasting part of our day getting there, standing in line and dealing with the limited choice on remaining tickets...It's great if it's a spur of the moment thing, but I'll pay a few dollars more to avoid the hassle and know what I've got in advance...

If you haven't seen Spamalot and you love Monty Python you will have a blast. It is a dumb musical, but I love it, and have seen it 3 times. Watch the movie before you go (Holy Grail).

jc

Have seen Jersey Boys, Wicked, Lion King, Producers, Dirty Rotton Scoundrels, all in NYC. Of all three, Lion King my least favorite - the rest were equally good, just different.

Am considering seeing Joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat. Any one seen that?

We saw Billy Elliot 2 years ago in London. Thought it was one of the best shows we have ever seen.

We also saw Billy Elliot in 2006 and were blown away by how well it was done. Super great!!! Lots of other great plays. Loved Wicked. Momma Mia and Phantom are also classic, great musicals.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

I have seen it many times in different venues because I love the music and story but the one time I saw it in London, it was a very amateurish production. Judy

quote=stuff7;14941013]Have seen Jersey Boys, Wicked, Lion King, Producers, Dirty Rotton Scoundrels, all in NYC. Of all three, Lion King my least favorite - the rest were equally good, just different.

Am considering seeing Joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat. Any one seen that?

Archived