Concierge Update

Those of you who will be cruising on the Sky are lucky pups!

Alexander Forbes will be your concierge!:D

Not so good for the folks who booked the Jewel hoping to partake in his amazing services.

Al Almazan is in Barcelona, about to embark the Jade. I don't know who's replaced him on Pearl or if this is temporary or not.

Not so good for the folks who booked the Jewel hoping to partake in his amazing services.

Al Almazan is in Barcelona' date=' about to embark the Jade. I don't know who's replaced him on Pearl or if this is temporary or not.[/quote']

You are correct...Alex is the BEST:)

Al Almazan is in Barcelona' date=' about to embark the Jade. I don't know who's replaced him on Pearl or if this is temporary or not.[/quote']

What a waste of the best concierge :confused:

Who the heck is Al Almazan ??? I thought the Jade was now sailing round trip from Southampton. Last time I heard from Ruth she was onboard through July

:D Thanks Snowman for your vote for Anca. We're sailing with her on Sunday - and we're looking forward to a great cruise with her as our concierge!

Alex Forbes is a HUGE asset to NCL - I would sail on any ship he was on!

NOOOoooooooooooooo..........:eek: I adore Alex and was looking forward to cruising with him again. Oh well, we shall see who is on the Jewel come January.

From what I've heard his current replacement on the Jewel is not up to Alex's standard.

For the majority of cruiser's I really don't think it matters.

For the majority of cruiser's I really don't think it matters.

That is an interesting point. I do not know what % of the complement of passengers are involved with a concierge. Users of the Garden Villa also seem to be heavily represented on these pages as well.

To the poster who said all NCL Concierges are great, you are probably correct. I have enjoyed knowing four of them, two of which have been mentioned in this thread, and each was special in their own way.

Lots of great concierges!

Our two TOP favorites are Ruth Haggar and Simone Weigel. For us, they are the perfect concierges, consumate professionals, yet friends as well, whom we stay in touch with even if we aren't going to be on their ship.

After them our favorites are Claudio Schulze and Alex Forbes. Both are warm, friendly, and totally professionals--we've been with Claudio more, so we know him better, but if there's anyone who doesn't like Alex, I won't go to restaurants or movies that person recommends because they have no taste!

We've also been with Carlos on the Dream and on the Pearl. The last time on the Pearl he came into his own, hit his stride (and got rid of his assistant who made him MORE work...) and we'd happily sail with him again anytime.

We've only been with Anca on 2 night CTN but she STILL gave us her time and was delightful.

The one who still needs training is the current Dream Concierge--something beginning with a B from Peru. We found her surprisingly unavailable, but that was also on a 2 night CTN--the recent May 9th one. She was very nice but never seemed to answer her phone. Give her to Ruthie or Claudio and they'll whip her into shape! I think she just needs to learn the ropes--she's got the personality for it.

We've also had nothing but great butlers for years. Outstanding ones? John D'Souza, Kaydek and Roland (I have his last name somewhere...). These three are definitely our favorites. Others are great but these guys are the best and most memorable.

The one who still needs training is the current Dream Concierge--something beginning with a B from Peru. We found her surprisingly unavailable, but that was also on a 2 night CTN--the recent May 9th one. She was very nice but never seemed to answer her phone. Give her to Ruthie or Claudio and they'll whip her into shape! I think she just needs to learn the ropes--she's got the personality for it.

We had Belkys on the same CTN and she was fantastic! She came by or called at least twice a day and always returned our calls within minutes. In fact, she definitely toward the top of the list of Concierges we've ever encountered! :D

We had Belkys on the same CTN and she was fantastic! She came by or called at least twice a day and always returned our calls within minutes. In fact, she definitely toward the top of the list of Concierges we've ever encountered! :D

I'm delighted! I hope, next time we cruise with her, that I'll be saying the same thing. (I couldn't remember "Belkys"--not a typical Hispanic name). We were in an OS and were just a little disappointed by her....But we had a lot of fun on that CTN!

Our two TOP favorites are Ruth Haggar and Simone Weigel. For us, they are the perfect concierges, consumate professionals, yet friends as well, whom we stay in touch with even if we aren't going to be on their ship.

After them our favorites are Claudio Schulze and Alex Forbes. Both are warm, friendly, and totally professionals--we've been with Claudio more, so we know him better, but if there's anyone who doesn't like Alex, I won't go to restaurants or movies that person recommends because they have no taste!

We've also been with Carlos on the Dream and on the Pearl. The last time on the Pearl he came into his own, hit his stride (and got rid of his assistant who made him MORE work...) and we'd happily sail with him again anytime.

We've only been with Anca on 2 night CTN but she STILL gave us her time and was delightful.

We've also had nothing but great butlers for years. Outstanding ones? John D'Souza, Kaydek and Roland (I have his last name somewhere...). These three are definitely our favorites. Others are great but these guys are the best and most memorable.

Claudio Schulze is absolutely amazing...such a great guy!! We still keep in touch with Claudio three years later. He made our sailing on the Spirit so special in 2005 that I literally was in tears saying goodbye to my friend.

I'm delighted! I hope, next time we cruise with her, that I'll be saying the same thing. (I couldn't remember "Belkys"--not a typical Hispanic name). We were in an OS and were just a little disappointed by her....But we had a lot of fun on that CTN!

I am sure you will - you always have nice things to say about the crew members you encounter. :) That's the best way to go into a cruise, with a positive attitude!

Archived