Concierge Update

We had Karan as our butler on the Star back in 2003. To be honest, we don't remember who the concierge was as Karan did EVERYTHING for us. He wasn't warm and friendly--not the "buddy" type, but he was always cheerful, polite, superbly capable and EXTREMELY accommodating. It was no surprise to see that he, alone of the butlers, became a concierge. And there are many, MANY superb butlers, like John D'Souza, Kaydek and Roland, just to name a few. Perhaps we'll see Karan again, but I doubt he'll remember us.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hohn...It's Marla...since you seem to be the man in the know..do you know who is the Concigiere on the NCL Spirit these days...I am sailing her on 8/23/08 and maybe you could give the Con. my name and I can say hello for you....my love to Cynthia....I'm still trying to work out being on the Dawn with you guys in November...GO Mets..Go Navy

I've been reading this thread with great interest. Having a few cruises under my belt and booked on the Majesty in April, CC is a drug for me now :P

We have only cruised OV and IS so reading about OS and GV is so intriguing!

....heavy sigh... maybe someday!

Hi Hohn...It's Marla...since you seem to be the man in the know..do you know who is the Concigiere on the NCL Spirit these days...I am sailing her on 8/23/08 and maybe you could give the Con. my name and I can say hello for you....my love to Cynthia....I'm still trying to work out being on the Dawn with you guys in November...GO Mets..Go Navy

Marla,

I am not sure who is the Concierge aboard the Spirit. I am sure that someone here will chime in and answer that one.

Hope to see you in November.

PE

Does anybody have an update on the Spirit concierge? Question was asked, but not answered by a previous poster. Hoping someone has returned recently from a BEAUTIFUL Spirit suite to provide info. Thanks!!

Anshuman Sumbli has also been promoted to Concierge. He was an incredibly capable Butler on the Dawn and is now the Concierge on the Sun.

PE

Will Anshuman still be onboard in October?

We had Karan as our butler on the Star back in 2003. To be honest, we don't remember who the concierge was as Karan did EVERYTHING for us. He wasn't warm and friendly--not the "buddy" type, but he was always cheerful, polite, superbly capable and EXTREMELY accommodating. It was no surprise to see that he, alone of the butlers, became a concierge. And there are many, MANY superb butlers, like John D'Souza, Kaydek and Roland, just to name a few. Perhaps we'll see Karan again, but I doubt he'll remember us.

We had Karan on the Jewel Sept 2006. Agreed with your description.

If I knew how to put a picture in I'd show you what we all looked like! Great trip and such a treat for 2 weeks. Hard to leave the ship. We saw Turkey, Egypt & Greece in style.

Anshuman will arrive on the Dawn on July 2nd. Karan goes on vacation on 6th July. Humberto is on the Spirit till late August.

ar

If Anshuman is going to the Dawn, I assume he is relieving Anca for her vacation time.

If Karan is going on vacation who will be replacing him on the Jewel?

PE

If Anshuman is going to the Dawn' date=' I assume he is relieving Anca for her vacation time.

PE[/quote']

His name is Ryan. I have not heard of him but sources tell me he used to be a Butler.

ar

His name is Ryan. I have not heard of him but sources tell me he used to be a Butler.

ar

It could be Ryan Rabe from the Gem. He was our butler in the GV in January. Karan was the other GV butler on that cruise. Both of them were the BEST!

If it is Ryan Rabe, congrats to him. He'll make a very good Concierge.

Happy Cruising

It could be Ryan Rabe from the Gem. He was our butler in the GV in January. Karan was the other GV butler on that cruise. Both of them were the BEST!

If it is Ryan Rabe, congrats to him. He'll make a very good Concierge.

Happy Cruising

Haven't met Karan but, I agree, Ryan is the BEST;)

We were on the Spirit last month in an OS. The concierge is Humberto A. Can't remember last name. He was very good.

We where on the Spirit in April, what happend to Jackie Collett(sp)?

She was wonderful.

Happy Cruising.

If Anshuman is going to the Dawn' date=' I assume he is relieving Anca for her vacation time.

PE[/quote']

Ryan (from the Gem) is replacing Karan on the Jewel for 3 cruises and then, I believe, Alex will be back on her August 8. :)

~d

Ryan (from the Gem) is replacing Karan on the Jewel for 3 cruises and then' date=' I believe, Alex will be back on her August 8. :)[/font']

~d

I assumed that Alex would be back on the Jewel sooner or later. He was probably asked to bring out the Sky since he is one of the best of the best. And with Klaus running things from shore side he put together the best team he could to make things run smoothly in his absence.

PE

Archived