Concierge Update

Thank you for your response. Since I posted I received an e-mail from a friend who received a note from Claudio telling her that he was leaving to work in London and Majorca Spain. I will miss him terribly.

We leave in two weeks on the Jewel in a CV. Do you know who the Concierge is on the Jewel? Thank you.

Thank you for your response. Since I posted I received an e-mail from a friend who received a note from Claudio telling her that he was leaving to work in London and Majorca Spain. I will miss him terribly.

We leave in two weeks on the Jewel in a CV. Do you know who the Concierge is on the Jewel? Thank you.

Alexander Forbes is currently the concierge on the Norwegian Jewel.

YOu are correct...I meant to post that Humberto will be on the Sun early next year.. one of the terrific waiters in Cagney's -Michael is going to the Star...a lovely young man...

Does anyone know the next Spirit Concigiere (sp?) after 9/20? thanks...

We love Michael! Yes, he did say he was going to the Star when he returns, but hopes to return to the Spirit soon after.

Does anyone have an e-mail address for Alex? We are going to be in the GV on a TA that departs next week, and 3 of us are travel writers -- we wanted to give him the "heads up" because we would really love to interview some of the chefs, sommeliers, and the spa director and possibly get some behind the scenes tours.

My grandmother who is also going on this trip sailed on the Jewel and had Alex as a concierge before - she says he is simply the best that there is. (and good looking to boot!)

I would think the concierge could introduce you to the right person to coordinate the interviews - who I think would be the ships coordinator - can't for the life of me remember what their title is - but they will normally attend the meet and greet as well as arrange for tours etc.

Our last round in the CV we had the "wonderful" Mr. Forbes. He treated us with complete disdain and seemed to cater to the large family from Australia in the Garden Villa. I do not know if it was because we have children, but he was rude, unresponsive and not helpful. If not for our butler we would have been really ticked!We , as well as 3 other families in the CV's,were VERY unhappy with his "service"- 2 of the families refused to give him a gratuity.:confused::confused: I am glad he has left the Jewel- hope he won't be back before our next year's Jewel cruise! We were actually concerned that he would be on our next Pearl... I mentioned CC boards to him at embarkation and he snorted and said "no one that knows anything reads that ..." then I told him that is where I had heard his name , spoken highly of! We had a pleasant conversation, but ended up doing most of our own concierging...

But he is good looking!

Huh?

Hmmmm ... sorry for your rotten experience with AF ... he must have been having a reeeeally bad day ... cruise. We have heard only good things about him and our own experience with him was fabulous.

Also ... DH and I have been treated extremely well by staff/crew on NCL. In fact, I told DH after our last cruise that maybe we ought to try to cruise just once w/o affiliating ourselves with CC to see if it's the affiliation that is getting us such great treatment or are they just super great folks normally.

Our only other Concierge experience was with Karan on the Jewel this past Spring. He was fabulous ... could not do enough for us and our family. We found him to be very personable who got things done before we even thought to ask.

Kathy - we've had the absolute pleasure of sailing with Alex before and I'm shocked at your experience. I nicknamed him "magic man" and before the end of the cruise, when DH and I ran into the HD and Captain one night, THEY even referred to him as magic man. Our experience of sailing with Alex as a concierge couldn't have been better and started on the first day when I couldn't get my new IPOD to work and Alex personally came up to the suite, patiently explained that I needed to first TURN IT ON and from that time on, we knew we were in for a great experience.

He arranged a private tour of ALL of the ships galleys (excepting the crew galley) for me and arranged for my tour guide to be the executive chef. He was unfailingly polite, professional and to us, exemplified all that we love about NCL.

Maybe you'll have a chance to sail with him again as your concierge and you will then see why so many of us think Alex is fantastic as a concierge and a true credit to NCL.

Does anyone know what ship Ruth is on. We met her on the Sky in 2002 ( I think). She was great we even had dinner with her one night.

She was on the Jade when I was onboard in July. She was supposed to start vacation in late July but that got delayed to August when one of the other consierges resigned and they needed coverage.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a very different experience too with Alex than "Kathy".

He was friendly, courteous and charming, and went out of his way to make our trip.

As to his views about CC, he said it was a little intimidating to know that his every movement was likely to be reported on!

He also said his mother reads it occasionally, so he hoped people were saying nice things!

(I'm wondering if Kathy misunderstood what Alex said about CC; I think all the ship officers/senior staff have a very good idea of the power of CC ... and that real cruisers are indeed the ones reading it. Alex certainly does!)

John (PE)

I'll be on the Spirit with some friends on Saturday for a 1 niter...Can you email Karan with my name and I will say hello for you if you like...I'd like my friends to be impressed so they will cruise again....let me know...love to Cynthia. I'll be back on the repo roll call after Saturday...lots going on...Marla

John (PE)

I'll be on the Spirit with some friends on Saturday for a 1 niter...Can you email Karan with my name and I will say hello for you if you like...I'd like my friends to be impressed so they will cruise again....let me know...love to Cynthia. I'll be back on the repo roll call after Saturday...lots going on...Marla

Marla De Jesus & Jorge Ramos room TBA still

John (PE)

Marla De Jesus & Jorge Ramos room TBA still

thanks...John...as always..the man with the answers...but do you know who will be on for Saturday?

I have sent an email out to find that answer. It may actually be Karan. I just re-read his last email to me and he stated he would return to the Spirit on September 31st. But, there is no September 31st. The last sailing went out on September 21st. So maybe he mis-typed and is on the ship as we speak.

PE

Archived