I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

we are ready to book on emerald princess for the may 2012 baltics sailing out of copenhagen and it would be useful to have a few hotels in mind for a couple of days pre and post cruise. what are the recommendations from this summer baltic cruisers?

we are looking for a quite modern hotel with nice views of the harbor, high rise, as new as possible... and it would be nice to be close to attractions able to walk around.... price is not much of an issue, but we want to avoid stuffy/upscale places...

are there any hotels planned to open between now and next May?

thank you

--e

The only new´ish hotel is Hotel D´angleterre that is closed for 6 months for a total renovation that includes bigger rooms and better facilities so the hotel really earns its 5 stars.

The only hotels that are facing the water is Copenhagen Island, Marriott, Scandic Front and Admiral hotel.

We will be at the Clarion Mayfair Hotel on Aug 30th, and would like to know how far the Danish Resistance Museum is from the hotel. Thank you in advance.

Ellen:)

From the Mayfair, the easiest and quickest way is to take the S-tog from Central Station to Usterport Station. The Danish Resistance Museum is a short walk from there. The Little Mermaid and Kastellet are in the same general area.

When you come up from the platform you just turn left and follow the street, if you keep the kastellet fortress on you left all the time you should find the museum without any problem

BTW the correct "translation" of Ø would be OE so it is Oesterport instead of Østerport.

Can anyone advise me on a Copenhagen hotel close the city center that is less than 200$ a night. I would so like to stay in the city a few days post May 2012 cruise, however the hotel prices may be the breaking point.:confused:

I just won a bid on a 4* hotel in Copenhagen on Priceline for $101, with taxes and fees added, it comes out to under $150 per night. Although there are no guarantees which hotel you will get, and the reservation is not refundable! I am very happy with the hotel I won. :D This is the second time I have used the site to secure a hotel and have been very satisfied.

Can anyone advise me on a Copenhagen hotel close the city center that is less than 200$ a night. I would so like to stay in the city a few days post May 2012 cruise, however the hotel prices may be the breaking point.:confused:

Friends stayed at the Clarion near the central train station in June for less than that, I believe, and it included some light dinner food.

The only new´ish hotel is Hotel D´angleterre that is closed for 6 months for a total renovation that includes bigger rooms and better facilities so the hotel really earns its 5 stars.

The only hotels that are facing the water is Copenhagen Island, Marriott, Scandic Front and Admiral hotel.

thanks for the recommendations... we had enough intercontinental points to book on the crowne plaza towers 2 days prior to the cruise and enough hilton points to book 1 night at the hilton after the cruise... which is going to be convenient due to a 6am flight the next morning.... i think both hotels have received good recommendations and although not near the water nothing beats not having to add a few more line items on the credit card..... ;)

--e

thanks for the recommendations... we had enough intercontinental points to book on the crowne plaza towers 2 days prior to the cruise and enough hilton points to book 1 night at the hilton after the cruise... which is going to be convenient due to a 6am flight the next morning.... i think both hotels have received good recommendations and although not near the water nothing beats not having to add a few more line items on the credit card..... ;)

--e

The Hilton was wonderful! Highly recommend this hotel.

Danish Viking: Buried somewhere in this thread is information on the hotel

The Square. I just booked this as it seems to be one of a few that has rooms available for our cruise in August of next year! I used Booking.com and got a refundable rate with breakfast included. Can you tell me anything about this establishment? I have read mixed reviews. Do they have a resturant close by?

We will be arriving late in the am and will be dead tired after a 14 hour flight. Plan on grabbing a bite to eat around Tivoli and hitting the bed ASAP! Next day I will have time to eplore before boarding.

What is the easiest way to get from The Square to the port?

Thank you in advance!

:)

Ineed to know the date and pier location before i can tell how to go there from the Square.

I'ts a very good hotel but people seems to complain from noise from HC Andersens boulevard, the irish pub and the metro construction site on the town hall square (all located on the same side of the building).

But if you order a room out to the small side street and/or on the upper floor it should be okay.

We will be arriving late in the am and will be dead tired after a 14 hour flight. Plan on grabbing a bite to eat around Tivoli and hitting the bed ASAP! Next day I will have time to eplore before boarding.

Flintg,

We arrived in Copenhagen at 1:20 pm. It took about 1.5 hours to get our luggage and get on the train. We were able to get decent sleep on the plane, so we pushed ourselves to stay up until 9 pm.

This really helped us reset our clocks for the rest of the trip.

Archived