I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

Gone travelling

Does anyone know if you can leave and re-enter Tivoli on the same day with a daily ticket (NOT CPH card)?

I e-mailed them and asked that very question and and the answer is below:

Unfortunately, you cannot get a stamp on the hand for reentry, then you will have to buy a new ticket for entrance.

Hope to see you in Tivoli and have a nice day

Med venlig hilsen

TIVOLI A/S

Michelle Lassen

Vesterbrogade 3

Postboks 233

1630 København V

Telefon 33 15 10 01

Fax nr. 33 75 06 38

However, in a further e-mail she did say of you bought the muti-ride ticket you would not have to re purchase that only the entrance ticket. Obviously, if you have the CPH you would be able to do this.

Hope this helps.

Near the beginning of this huge forum CRUISING EUROPE gave the names of two reasonable priced descent restaurants . I checked these out and was able to find the following addresses if anyone is interestd. CAFE Norden address is Ostergade 61 and MAMA LUDBAS address is Vaernedamsvej 2.

How cheap is cheap? I want to make sure we have enough cash for both directions.

From the RR station to the dock it cost us 146 Dk, with luggage and with the hotel calling the cab so the start charge was greater than if we had walked around the corner to a hotel and picked a taxi up at a taxi rank.

From the airport to the train station the cab was 380 Dk.

I apoliogize as this is probably a repeat question, but for cabs, can we use American dollars?

Thank you.

Can you use Kroner in American cabs?

Use a credit card or local currency

Thanks for the quick and informative reply!

Gone travelling

I e-mailed them and asked that very question and and the answer is below:

Unfortunately, you cannot get a stamp on the hand for reentry, then you will have to buy a new ticket for entrance.

Hope to see you in Tivoli and have a nice day

Med venlig hilsen

TIVOLI A/S

Michelle Lassen

Vesterbrogade 3

Postboks 233

1630 København V

Telefon 33 15 10 01

Fax nr. 33 75 06 38

However, in a further e-mail she did say of you bought the muti-ride ticket you would not have to re purchase that only the entrance ticket. Obviously, if you have the CPH you would be able to do this.

Hope this helps.

Cruisin' Europe,

We arrive morning of July 11, and will overnight at the Admiral before our cruise on the 12th. That will be last day or so of the jazz festival. If we head directly to Tivoli, will there be plenty of jazz to be heard there? Any nearby venues? We'll do our best to stay awake!

Thanks for all your helpful advice.

Bev

I prefer not to use priceline, therefore would you suggest some hotels in the 3 to 4 star range, that are reasonable priced. Thank you,

Cruising the Baltic June 6th 2010 from Copenhagen on the Azamara Journey:D

Then check out The Square hotel.

@ greyhound101

try this website

http://www.arp-hansen.com/

@ grandma bev

Huuuuuge Shedule

11th: http://www.jazz.dk/en/copenhagen-jazz-festival/event?Year=2009&Month=7&Day=11

12th: http://www.jazz.dk/en/copenhagen-jazz-festival/event?Year=2009&Month=7&Day=12

@ cymraes42

I can´t remember if any events have been held at the little mermaids birthsday so i don´t think that you will get in line to see her.

ATMs are often the best bet for chaning money. Unless, of course, you can get a bit before you leave at YOUR bank...

There is also a FOREX counter at the airport too - so you can check out their fees, and compare them to what your bank will charge you and decide which is the better deal.

Hi! I'm arriving by ship, which will most likely dock at Langelinie. Are there any ATMS there? If not, where would be the nearest/most convenient to that spot?

Thank you!

We are staying in Copenhagen 1 night pre cruise (9/12/09) and 2 nights post cruise (9/23-24/09). We would like to stay near Copenhagen Businees School. Our son will be studying there this fall. He will not have his lodging assignment until early July although presumably it will be close to campus. We would appreciate any recommendation regarding reasonably priced lodging in the area. Thank you in advance. Leslie & Paul

i would opt for the Square Hotel which is in an unbeatable location - easy enough "launching pad" to see all the "must do's".

You're not going to be messed with at all by the Danes... can't vouch for other tourists... but Danes are super duper safe to be around. No worries there!

Thank you for the info. Being a woman of "a certain age" I would be flattered being hit on by a Danish Viking. :D Not much chance of that unless he's senile. :(

What can you tell me about tipping in Copenhagen; cabs, bellmen, restaurants, bars, etc. Is it customery, expected, or only if the service is extraordinary?

Regarding tipping in Copenhagen/Scandinavia:

I'm a local, and here is what I do:

Taxis: normally no tipping, but the bill can be rounded up if you have much luggage (and the driver helped you with it), or if you got some special service from him.

Bellmen: normally in most hotels, except 5-star, you deal with your luggage yourself, so no tipping here. You never leave a tip for the maid.

Restaurants: Sometimes, if the service is good, and you feel for it.

Bars: Never.

That said, some waiters might have an expectation that you would tip them simply because you are an american tourist, and that americans are used to tip and also do it when abroad. As one of my friends said, who once was a waiter at a restaurant where many foreign tourists visited: "I never expect tips from locals, but americans often tip, so we get used to it and hence somewhat also expect it!"

But still, it's never required nor expected to tip in Denmark, do it only if service was good, since most of us prefer it that way, and wouldn't want tipping to be the norm.

@ taximom

http://www.cbs.dk/campusliv/menu/kort_over_campus

As you can see on this link there are campus on 4 locations in the Frederiksberg district.

Here are a list of hotels in the Frederiksberg area, please note that there are more pages to see.

http://www.hotels.dk/search.do?children[0]=0&searchParams.arrivalDate=02-07-2009&searchParams.departureDate=04-07-2009&searchParams.rooms[0].numberOfAdults=2&queryFormState=CLOSED&page=1&searchParams.needPossibleResults=true&activeTab=DESTINATION&searchParams.sortControl=DEFAULT-DESCENDING&rooms=1&destination=Frederiksberg#;ate=A7]dqCNErrEbwqx1b^pG2Dcs}6q'R2yD6@C;aa&Q6Uaay8PVc,;aNoOy*rQm9M@lQ/OW$+6Uaay8PVc,;_1j$1*n|F0K1:57PZYO3@n)_1aOnH0K1:57PZYO3@nB=;_fn.w!U_e;bTb]yxMoyDCfZVDCfZVDCfZVDCfZVDCeO;T}

@ parker6

You need to be more specific because i don´t know where in Copenhagen you want to go.

And from where to Tivoli?, and what tour?

Maybe im just to tired but i don´t understand it.

Sorry I probably wasn't clear in my note. I am wondering the best directions to get from the cruise terminal (Celebrity Constellation on JUly 13) to the start of the Hans Christian Andersen tour, which I understand starts at 10:30 from a location called Copenhagen right now. Then we are looking for suggestions as to how to get from that location to Tivoli Gardens after the tour (I am assuming the Hans Christian Andersen tour finishes at the same place - Copenhagen right now).

So.. directions from Cruise Ship to Copenhagen right now.

and directions from Copenhagen right now to Tivoli Gardens

and directions from Tivoli Gardens back to cruise ship.

Also is there a hop on hop off that covers all these places?

Thanks!

Regarding tipping in Copenhagen/Scandinavia:

I'm a local, and here is what I do:

Taxis: normally no tipping, but the bill can be rounded up if you have much luggage (and the driver helped you with it), or if you got some special service from him.

Bellmen: normally in most hotels, except 5-star, you deal with your luggage yourself, so no tipping here. You never leave a tip for the maid.

Restaurants: Sometimes, if the service is good, and you feel for it.

Bars: Never.

That said, some waiters might have an expectation that you would tip them simply because you are an american tourist, and that americans are used to tip and also do it when abroad. As one of my friends said, who once was a waiter at a restaurant where many foreign tourists visited: "I never expect tips from locals, but americans often tip, so we get used to it and hence somewhat also expect it!"

But still, it's never required nor expected to tip in Denmark, do it only if service was good, since most of us prefer it that way, and wouldn't want tipping to be the norm.

Many. many thanks for the detailed reply. You have been very helpful. So looking forward to visiting beautiful, beautiful Copenhagen.

Carole

@ parker6

The tourist information is located on the other side of the street from where the main entrance to tivoli and the hard rock café is.

http://www.krak.dk/query?mop=aq&mapstate=8%3B12.565099160359572%3B55.67412964182865%3Bs%3B12.560057734322791%3B55.67590829328653%3B12.570113626898832%3B55.67236527672786%3B746%3B496%3B-1%3B1&mapcomp=%3B%3B%3BVesterbrogade%3B4A%3B%3B1620%3B%3B%3B%3B%3B%3B12.564646894140102%3B55.67493821922589%3B%3B%3BK%C3%B8benhavn%20V%3BK%C3%B8benhavn%3Bmaps_address_dk%3B788742&what=map_adr&searchInMap=2&geo_area=Vesterbrogade%204A&stq=0&pis=0

So from Langelinie pier where your ship is located you will have to take bus number 26 to either the town hall square or central station.

when you get home just take the same bus back.

But remember to take the bus heading for Langelinie (the cruiseships) and not Færgehavn nord, every second bus goes to Langelinie.

I know you responded somewhat generally to this question, but I would like more specifices. We will be in Copenhagen two most of June 30th and all of July 1. You already provided us with a nice itinerary, but I would like recommendations on some relativelly inexpensive eating places, inccluding casual fare and restaurants. Please give me some idea of pricing so I'd know how much cash I need to get from the ATM. Also, do they take Euros. I know you indicated they do not take dollars or American credit cards. Thanks in advance. You have been very helpful to a greeat many people.

Archived