Some Thoughts on Arcadia

Norfolk Brit

I thought we might as well resurrect this thread, to see if in the last few months there as been any improvement in the food served in the main dining room on the Arcadia.

I have just spent the last hour reading the previous posts re Arcadia, having not read them before. (That was your fault StopGo) lol

We sail on Arcadia on Saturday for 16 days. Fortunately we have sailed on her before so........................................

........................"No worries be happy";)

I have just spent the last hour reading the previous posts re Arcadia, having not read them before. (That was your fault StopGo) lol

We sail on Arcadia on Saturday for 16 days. Fortunately we have sailed on her before so........................................

Actually this was a very entertaining thread, especially the coments from Norfolk Brit and FiftyDollarBob. I don't know whats happened to FDB he seems to have vanished, I hope the other posters haven't put him off.

Actually this was a very entertaining thread, especially the coments from Norfolk Brit and FiftyDollarBob. I don't know whats happened to FDB he seems to have vanished, I hope the other posters haven't put him off.

Oops I wasn't criticising or anything, it was certainly entertaining, so much so that it cured my 3 am insomnia.

I was merely reassuring newbies that I wouldn't be sailing on her again if I hadn't enjoyed it the first time! IMHO the Meridian Restaurant is more than adequate! If you order anything that you are not satisified with, they will gladly replace it!

Saying that - Frozen carrots are pretty gross no matter were you buy them from!

Don't think there are many Newbies on the boards at this time of day, in fact they are in short supply. I guess if they read this Arcadia thread they will see where the battle lines are drawn. Though I am sure they will be entertained by reading the posts, norfolkbrit as a wonderful turn of phrase pure comedy gold.

Perhaps he has been bullied by those who see themselves as the bearers of the true light?

He certainly seemed a character!

Perhaps he has been bullied by those who see themselves as the bearers of the true light?

He certainly seemed a character!

I don't think we have seen the last of him, he seemed a defiant sort of chap. Not one to be bullied by the usual suspects.

Have a great time, and do tell us about the improvements after the refit, Arcadia is having at the moment. The small cinema which is going in the old cyber room can only be a improvement after no cinema, wish I was on her again. The food was great in May on my 16nighter to Venice.

Well I think it will be a huge improvement. On my cruises on Arcadia films have been shown in a side room with hard backed chairs, I think it was the Horizon lounge, never in the globe. So nice comfy cinema chairs and a bigger screen will be a improvement. 30 seats maybe enough as there were only about 10 people in the room we used. Also I expect the room will be used for small meetings/talks as well .

On my cruises on Arcadia films have been shown in a side room with hard backed chairs, I think it was the Horizon lounge, never in the globe.

Sue,

You will have a problem with the cinema on Oriana. The problem is that with the nice comfy seats and nobody walking by to disturb you, you will fall asleep and miss the film, especially if you have had a glass or two of wine! Don't think you will be on your own though

Brian

Sue,

You will have a problem with the cinema on Oriana. The problem is that with the nice comfy seats and nobody walking by to disturb you, you will fall asleep and miss the film, especially if you have had a glass or two of wine! Don't think you will be on your own though

Brian

Do you mean the Arcadia? This thread is not about Oriana. Did you mix up the two ships?

On the Arcadia on my cruise, the Globe was used to show " The Queen " If you have been in the Globe, you will know they have plenty of comfy seats.

yes, I've been in the globe ofcourse many times, but a film was never shown there on my cruises . I expect a film which is expected to be a 'crowd puller' especially on a poor weather sea day will be shown in the globe I agree.

Sue,

Brian

Hello Brian

yes, I've heard that Oriana has comfy seats in the Cinema... Have we met onboard a ship Brian?? Just wondering if you were a Brian I met on Ventura in September?

Hello Brian

yes, I've heard that Oriana has comfy seats in the Cinema... Have we met onboard a ship Brian?? Just wondering if you were a Brian I met on Ventura in September?

Not me Sue. Was on Ventura in Oct round the med

Brian

We were on Arcadia in November and the food was very good, better thank in April, different executive chefs. As Sue says try the Orchid Bar if this dosn't suit you are very hard to please. I think for the money that we pay on P & O the standards are good and the staff are excellent.

Happy New Year to you all..... i have read this forum with interest and thought i would post my post here......for christmas i received from my lovely husband a 2010 Australia to U.K cruise... having checked out whats available we have narrowed the choice down to either the Arcadia or Fred Olsens Balmoral...love both itinerarys....i realize they are not the same class of ship and we do like the smaller ships so size is not a deciding factor ......would love some feedback if anyone can help..........cheers Shiona

Archived