Do you collect Seapass cards?

I didn't think I would ever NEED to have them, but I guess they are perfect PROOF that you were on a given cruise. I have mine with the daily papers from the lines we have sailed, but I didn't realize that if my Crown and Anchor status changed "by accident" that I can prove my credits.

We have never done less than a 7 day cruise as we are not near a cruise port and with the cost of an airline ticket these days our Oct LegendOS Med cruise could be it for a while.

On our frig I have a magnet from the ships we have sailed, at least the ones I could get, the ones I don't I may make one from my cards. Thanks for the tip!

By all means......keep those sea pass cards.

I keep the sea pass cards and all cruise documents and file them by year in my file cabinet. (We've been cruising 23 years). And I have had to fax in proof several times because cruises keep "disappearing" from our cruise history.

DO NOT throw the sea passes away!!

I have most of ours, I have to confiscate them from the kids and DH when we get home, they always want to trash them :rolleyes:

I've never known why, but our first cruise I scrapbooked and used them in there. That was in 1998 and it took me 5 years to finish the scrapbook. I think I have big plans to scrapbook all other cruises we've taken. Except I now cringe whenever I even see a thread about scrapbooking.

The best I can do is to throw the pics into an album, I like the ones with the slots where there is no space for comments. My husband wants to get one of those digital picture frames so his clients can see vacation pics, he knows how long it takes me to do a plain ole album.

I also have hotel room key cards, some of those need to go into the trash so I have more space in the box for seapass cards.

Other than shoes and Christmas ornaments, seapass cards are about the limit of what I collect.

I still have all of our Seapass cards.

Me too. I keep them and I also love to scrapbook so I make a copy and add that to the scrapbook. I'm not the only one to hold on to the Seapass, I guess I'm not crazy as my DH thinks.:D

Yes, on our recent TA on Splendour they were collecting all SeaPass cards from the later groups disembarking because the machine was not working.

If you refused to hand it over, would they make you stay on for the next cruise?...(hee-hee)

Mike

If you refused to hand it over, would they make you stay on for the next cruise?...(hee-hee)

Mike

We really didn't want to stay on for the next cruise............we were more than ready to get home after 29 days.:cool:

Our SeaPass cards that were given to us on turnaround day for the second cruise were never activated.............so we had to have new ones issued by Guest Relations. They started to destroy our original cards............but something told me to get them back............glad I did.:rolleyes:

The side of our refrigerator has our complete cruise history from our very first cruise on Costa to our mosts current b2b on Splendour.

....The side of our refrigerator has our complete cruise history from our very first cruise on Costa to our mosts current b2b on Splendour.

I did not know they made refrigerators big enough to hold that many seapass cards??:eek: Is it a walk-in-unit?:rolleyes: :D :D

BILL

One time they collected our seapass card. This was because they were having problems with the machines and weren't able to swipe the card as we were debarking. BTW, I have all my other seapass cards.

Happened to us on our b2b Grandeur cruise, have the one from the first week but not the second since the machines were not working, but have all the other cards from our cruises...

I did not know they made refrigerators big enough to hold that many seapass cards??:eek: Is it a walk-in-unit?:rolleyes: :D :D

BILL

Oh come on............we don't have that many!!:p Incidentally, I have two rows of cards..............shortens the length!

we keep our seapass cards- have all but one - rci took that one for some reason as we were getting off the ship-

i did get to keep my princess one from april ( first time on that line so don't know if that is normal or not)

I was just reading on the Princess board that some ships are collecting the cards as you debark the ship. Not all ships but there is chatter because most people like to save them as soveniers. I am one of those people and I have not had anyone ask for these back yet on RCCL.

I have my first one from 1988 from the Soverign of the Seas and all the other

ones, I hope to keep my collection going.

Has anyone been asked for the card back on RCCL?

Not with RCCL or Carnival. They did ask for one back on NCL several years ago.

Have never had them taken up on RCL, Princess or Carnival.

Usually not taken on Celebrity, but they were taken back on Summit once when their machine was either not working or they were trying to speed things up.

Had the card taken on our one and only QM2 cruise two weeks ago, and was very disappointed! I wonder, does Cunard always take the cards back?

Jan

As so many people do like to keep them for different reasons, all goodness, what happens if they want them back and you don't give it up or "lose" it on the way to the gangway?

Don't say they will make you stay, that is just WAY to easy. Seriously, what do they do?

I was just reading on the Princess board that some ships are collecting the cards as you debark the ship. Not all ships but there is chatter because most people like to save them as soveniers. I am one of those people and I have not had anyone ask for these back yet on RCCL.

Our first cruise was on the Sovereign - 1988 -- and yes, I keep all my seapass cards, putting them in my photo albums for each of my cruises - they better not ask for mine!

Corkey

When we get home, we put a magnetic strip on the back and use them on the refrigerator.

Brilliant! I never thought to do that! I save all of mine too, but they usually (in one form or another) end up in the scrapbook. Although, I've been having problems getting them to stay, but on the fridge is a GREAT idea!! Thanks!!!

We have some older ones, but on our last cruise (March '08) Princess took the card as we disembarked the ship. I think it is a security issue.