Do you collect Seapass cards?

Watching to see how many people reply to those that posted 10 years ago.:D

"Fool me once"...well I been fooled more then once. 10yr old thread, not bad, I'd like see my original threads from 1990's...

Original Royal Seapass card's got years ago were not your room key's....

Edited by ONECRUISER

As so many people do like to keep them for different reasons, all goodness, what happens if they want them back and you don't give it up or "lose" it on the way to the gangway?

Don't say they will make you stay, that is just WAY to easy. Seriously, what do they do?

They would send you to Guest Services to have a new card made, and then they would take it from you as you disembark.

I think my husband gets the magnetic stripping at Home Depot. It comes in a small coil. It's sticky on the back so you just cut the size you need.

Thank you! Not being a crafty person , I was wondering .

one time they collected it due to equipment malfunction:( . didn't save a few from first cruises, but have them from the last 2 years, except the one

The only time my card was taken, we were on a back to back and Ken Rush cut our old cards up.

The only time my card was taken, we were on a back to back and Ken Rush cut our old cards up.

Darn him...that wasn't necessary at all...We've always been told to not mix them up...not hard to do since they have the sail date on them.

I have them all on RCL sails. From the blue tint of my 1st Majesty (July '98) to the tan/white tint of Vision ((Feb. '03) and back to the blue starting with Brilliance (Aug. '10).:D

Ps. Light blue shade for Oasis March '16.

We save the sea passes (or whatever they are called) from all the cruise lines we have sailed (7 of them), one river cruise line, several unique hotel room cards, old Disney room cards, annual passes, and now the various magic bands! Each brings back very special memories.

Is that for the two of you? I've got 46 for myself and my stack isn't anywhere that big.

Yes, that is for both of us. Some are are for the CL & DL before access was built into the Sea Pass room key and access required a separate card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In April, getting off the Grandeur B2B in Baltimore they collected them as our "ticket" for disembarking! :mad:

We were on Harmony this past January sailing a B2B. When we got back to Ft Lauderdale to do the turnover they took our cards as we got off to get checked by customs. I was not happy that they took our cards since I do collect them. A couple of days later there was an envelope outside our cabin with the cards inside! 😀

Didn’t even ask for them, they just showed up! 👍

I have all of ours except for our first cruise on Home Lines ATLANTIC in 1986 (I think they were paper) and our only cruise (and our cheapest cruise - 7 days outside $259) on the MSC Orchestra in 2009. They made me give it up. Not happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just going to go against the grain here. I may be the only person on this board that does not save the Seapass cards, I don't see the point. I have photos and other memories. Typically DH will buy me some nice jewelry on the cruise and that is memory enough. (and there is always the online historical bank statements if I need a reminder, lol)

If RCI IT screws up bad enough and loses you status/points, it would be a really easy way to prove your past sailings.;)

@Biker19 - Yah, I see your point. I probably still won't start saving them but if someone likes to cover their bases in the case of an outage, prolly can't hurt. ;-) I'm a gambler, so taking the gamble that won't happen.

Wow 10 year old thread is this a record? There were no seas cards when I started cruising in 1970’s, first I remember was rccl in late 80’s , I am sure I have 20 or more.

Same here, My first cruise was 1982, SS Veracruz......No seapass cards then...great memories though. These young-uns!!

Same here, My first cruise was 1982, SS Veracruz......No seapass cards then...great memories though. These young-uns!!

They didn't use Sea Pass cards when I first started cruising in the 70's either and it's my understanding that the US Navy still doesn't use them.:cool:

If RCI IT screws up bad enough and loses you status/points, it would be a really easy way to prove your past sailings.;)

On Allure in March, when the new web page was wonky, the Loyalty Ambassador printed us a summary of our cruises. Didn't ask for it, it was in the cabin.

Massive amount of work since it was 8 pages of screen shots.

May of only done it for the Pinnacles, not sure

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk