Do you collect Seapass cards?

Corkey,

Our first cruise we were on Soverign in May 1988, I think it was the 13th cruise that ship made and 13 has been my lucky number ever since.

we were on Sept 1988 for our first cruise and enjoyed it so much - It was the most beautiful sight seeing the Sovereign as the shuttle approached the pier in Miami.

Then we went again for the 2nd time in Oct of 1991 for hubby's birthday - again, same reaction- except we were on the 9th deck as opposed to the 2nd during our first cruise (we didn't know any better- we were just too too excited to be on a cruiseship - and after our 2nd cruise, it's been 8th or higher decks and balconies)

We have cruised every yr since then EXCEPT for 1996 when we did a land trip but never forgot that yr as a NON-Cruise yr!! So hubby has been laffing and saying, it's better to go on a cruise every yr or he won't hear the end of it if we do NOT - he's still hearing about 1996 up to now! however, I think he's made up for it! ha!ha!

I really NEED those seapass cards - I can't imagine giving them up! I know you need to check out and put those things in their security BEEP machine and in the future if they don't give them back, I will cry but what can we do ?

I know they want the Concierge card keys back - I should have returned them - I don't have to have those.

Corkey

I really like the idea of putting them under glass on a coffee table. I have heard of HAL folks making a table top out of the tiles they give loyalty cruisers. They changed them last year and now you don't get one of the ship you are on, but one of 4 per year they make. I was disappointed that

our tile was not of the ship we were on. A lot of diehard HAL cruisers got upset about that. We don't have enough to do much with except use as coasters.

SeaPass cards are better, all cruise lines will fit under glass or on a frig.

I have all of them-----------except for our first cruise which was on an old ship. We actually had real keys to our cabin.

During our first cruises, we had the seapass card and also a separate key card... when we boarded, we checked in then 'on board' we had to go to a certain deck and that's where they gave us our two cards.... Corkey

When RCI "lost" some of our past cruises; we had to supply proof we were on the cruise. I copies all the sea pass cards and faxed them to RCI. No doubt about it we had 20 cruises at that time. They updated their records:)

Judy, that is my point. They do have a use AFTER you leave the ship for anyone on any cruise line trying to show proof of cruises on loyalty programs.

If you do not have them then you would have to keep something else, a bill? as proof. It is easier and better for cruise lines and us if we keep our passes.

Or give us something else if they have to take them "for security" reasons.

Our Oct cruise on Legend of the Seas is a 13 day so we get 2 credits and I would be very upset if we didn't have card as a token sovenier.

I bring an old seapass on my next cruise and offer to buy a couple of buckets of beer. Hand the old card to my buddy and watch him fight his way up to the pool bar. Pretty funny to watch him have to get his out when he realizes he's been had.:D

I just posted a message here and it ended up on another thread. I found it when I went to edit my profile. I had not even opened the thread it was in. Strange!

I have a hall wall for cruise pictures. Sometimes I go there and look at our pictures. This is my happy place. I put a card on my first cruise picture and my last cruise picture. I guess I could put them all on the pictures. I use the double sided tape to attach them to the glass or the frame.

• 10 years later...
When we get home, we put a magnetic strip on the back and use them on the refrigerator.

This is what we do as well. Well, DW's are on the fridge, mine are on my work station at work with a magnet model of that particular ship above it.

My dad made me a boat shape out of wood that I pin my cards to. Then I have a wood anchor we started pinning my husbands card to. It's fun to keep adding them after each cruise. I tried to attach photo but it keeps saying upload failed.

We keep them, sure.

One of the ships we had to show seapass

card for the muster station number....to

get into Studio B Ice show....

They had 4 shows and so divided shows by muster numbers.

Kind of a lame system, nobody liked it and don't think

they do it now.

Haha, you guessed it, big fan, I was prepared and had

all muster stations covered...flashed card quick,

and saw all the ice shows.