Christmas decorations on Celebrity?

Hypo

We will be sailing on Solstice on Nov 30, 2008. This will be our first time on X. Do they decorate the ship for Christmas, and when, typically do they do it? I know that on RCCL, they do it the first turnaround after Thanksgiving (typically).

Hypo

We will be sailing on Solstice on Nov 30, 2008. This will be our first time on X. Do they decorate the ship for Christmas, and when, typically do they do it? I know that on RCCL, they do it the first turnaround after Thanksgiving (typically).

Hypo

Hi Hypo !

They usually do it right after Thanksgiving on Celebrity as well. There is a good chance you may see Christmas decorations on your sailing. Enjoy your Cruise !

We've been on X ships the week after Thanksgiving and the first week of December and there were no Christmas decorations at that time. We were told they were putting them up starting on December 14.

We disembarked the Galaxy on December 23 and by that time an entire village was made and decorated near the buffet. all sorts of plants were around in the atrium.. I only know the staff was not looking forward to the more than 400 kids on the Xmas cruise..lol

We cruise on the Celebrity Constellation, last November. The cruise left Ft. Lauderdale the Monday after Thanksgiving. It was an 11 night, Southern Caribbean Cruise. The ship was beautifully decorated for Christmas. I know that there was a large, beautiful Christmas tree at the bottom of the grand staircase because that is where they took formal photos. I am quite sure that there were other Christmas trees also. I do remember beautiful garland and lights in various area throughout the ship. There was also a Menorah for Hanukkah, which was celebrated during this cruise. All of the decorations on the ship, as you would expect from Celebrity, were beautiful and tasteful. We really enjoyed the decorations and the atmosphere they added to the cruise. In fact our enjoyment of them is part of the reason we have decided to cruise for Christmas this year on the Solstice.

We disembarked Millennium last Dec 23rd and there was NO CHRISTMAS TREE IN THE GRAND FOYER!!!

Sorry for the screaming, can't help it.:eek:

I even asked at guest relations what was up with that. :confused: They said that they didn't have time to put one up.:rolleyes: I told them I wasn't busy, I would be glad to help. They declined my offer.:mad:

I hope you have better luck than we did.

And coming from a previous Disney cruise, trust me, it was a let down.

last December on the Galaxy, the crew started decorating during the Transatlantic (8 - 22 december). At the beginning of the next cruise, everything was ready and nicely decorated, not overdone, including a large christmas tree in the grand foyer and like Parrot Mom said : a large display in the buffet area with a complete village, decorated with candies for the children.

Archived