Repeat Customer Program?

wild1apache

Last year, Carnival sent out a small flyer which gave a 3 grade upgrade on selected ships (usually the older ones). I selected the Paradise and it was great. This year, I have not received any flyers. Have not even received their magazine for several months.

Guess I will have to settle for the repeat cruiser party on the Valor in May.

I wish Carnival would redo their past guest programs. There are a lot of repeaters and Carnival cruisers are very loyal even without a great past guest program. It would be nice to be surprised with a "Thank You". But it doesn't matter we will still go with Carnival the majority of the time.

Yeah, I also think it would be nice to have more past guest perks...but y'all have to agree that the past guest party is very nice.

I think, anytime I can go somewhere and have complimentary drinks and hors d'oeuvres, meet the captain and cruise director, be given a ship's pin, listen to a combo, and dancing - well, it's a pretty nice way to spend an hour or so on a cruise.

Just think - they could not even offer this...:)...but they do!

Cotton..

You sound so much like me. (positive thinking) We all need to remember that lemonade is so much tastier than lemons. I think Carnival has treated me well, and being the Exec. Dir of a "service" company, I know how difficult it can be to please everyone.. it is impossible. We just do the very best we can, and hope that the majority support our efforts.

I certainly support Carnival's efforts!

Karen

Past Guest Promotion...

Three weeks ago we booked the Conquest for January 30 and were instantly upgraded from the lowest deck inside to the Panorama Deck (top) deluxe inside. This was part of a past guest promotion and we were called by phone about it by the Carnoval curise consultant whom we had used on a prior cruise two years ago.

The pricing was just too good to turn down...Just over $70 per person per day including taxes and port charges.

Tom N Cheryl: I would guess it is "Deluxe" because the Carnival guy said it was "Deluxe". Other than that, I expect it's just like all the other inside staterooms...two beds and a bath....but that's okay. We've been at this for about 40 years so "not to worry".

We are, however, looking forward to seeing and being on board one of the Conquest class ships. I'm a ship nut so that should be fun.

As an aside, we almost always book cruises based on price and time of year and we usually have a great time. Mostly we have used Holland America and Carnival, but have cruised on Regent and RCCL as well.

It would be nice to receive some type of recognition for repeat cruisers but I'll cruise Carnival even if they never update their past guest program. I love their ships and they are the best value for my money, IMHO.:)

It would be nice to receive some type of recognition for repeat cruisers but I'll cruise Carnival even if they never update their past guest program.

Agreed. To me, it would be just an added perk. The downside is when you're talking to other cruisers, and the subject comes up, where they tell you what's offered on their line, and you're like "HUMMA HUMMA HUMMA...." :(

Yea how about a punch card... After three punches you get a free bottle of champagne and a free 8 X 10 photo. Then after 5 punches it's a free (2-3 cat) up grade.Once you get to 7 punches you get 50% off your next cruise. Then if you get 10 punches you get a free cruise. I think something like this could go over really well. Maybe there could be something after each punch so you have something a little extra to look forward to each time.

• 5 weeks later...

I never received my invitation to the past guest party.. when I went to the Purser's desk, they said.. sorry.. and didn't do anything. So, I asked for the pin, and was satisfied with that. When I returned, talked to my PVP, and he was upset.. I told him it was "no big deal".. they can catch me NEXT time! :-)

KC, when I filled out the fun pass prior to my 11/1 cruise, it wouldn't accept the "past guest status"...so the second morning on board, I went to the purser's desk. They checked and said no, it didn't show past guest.

I asked them to check the computer, and they then said, "Of course you're a past guest! Sorry for confusion.", and my invitation was in my cabin that evening. (It's good to double-check these things, and be insistent that they dig a little deeper if they say no.);)

Thanks for the past guest info. Each time I talk with carnival they never have me as a past guest. So I am sure they will not have the information about that on our next cruise (Jan 1) So I will be getting that straightened out before cruising.

I did however receive a special one day only email and booked from that when I said I was a past guest they gave me the best balcony for the guaranteed balcony rate. about $250pp difference. Not sure if its the best upgrade but its an upgrade And we love cruising. :)

Cotton, you are so right. My PVP had advised me that I was a past guest, and he had noted it. When they checked the computer, they said, you are right, you are a past guest. But never offered me the invitation. It was ok with me, though.. I was having lots of fun with a wonderful gentleman I met anyway.. I don't sweat the small stuff.. I figured it wouldn't have been much different than the first formal night/captain's cocktail party.

I had such a great time.. not sure another cruise could live up to this one. Hmmmm... maybe I need to try just to be sure! :-)

Karen

Archived