Elite Captain Circle Membership

joll

Pia...

Had a few Pacific NW coastals, one was a 2 day sf to Vancouver, overnight in hotel and a 2 day Vancouver to Sf on another ship. This was a neat last minute fun trip and got credit for 2 cruises.

After this last cruise, now have 121 days. While mostly had 7 day cruises, did have a 14 day and also a 12 day. Enjoyed them all.

Looking for next cruise.

Bob

Hi Pia

Remember the old first officer, capitan, etc.pins? On our last cruise I met a gentleman wearing his pin and I mentioned that Princess now has new pins for the number of days/cruises etc. Told him he could get new pins from the Capitain Circle lady.

He told me he was just fine with his pin, thank you !!! so another time that foot and mouth became one :o

Earl

Hi Earl....

When we first started cruising we kept everything. After a while I just threw those pins from various ships in a drawer. Eventually I emptied the drawer. If I had to find an Elite pin today, I couldn't. :)

Pia

Pia...

Had a few Pacific NW coastals, one was a 2 day sf to Vancouver, overnight in hotel and a 2 day Vancouver to Sf on another ship. This was a neat last minute fun trip and got credit for 2 cruises.

After this last cruise, now have 121 days. While mostly had 7 day cruises, did have a 14 day and also a 12 day. Enjoyed them all.

Looking for next cruise.

Bob

Hey Bob....

What do you mean you're looking for your next cruise? You should always have one booked! :D I'm sure you have a few FCC's in your pocket. :)

Pia

What's on the menu for the captain's lunch? Anything special?

Always differs;you never know. One appetizer I've seen several times is something called Cinderella; a yummy lobster thingee. And I, who never eat desserts, always nibble on one that has a dark chocolate fence around it. I eat the fence. :D As for main courses they usually have a fish choice and a beef or chicken or other meat, but they will get you anything you want at your request. Of course there is wine flowing constantly. Presentation is lovely, the menu is personalized with your names and a photo you take with the Captain upon entry is given to you before you leave.

Pia

The most traveled passengers luncheons and private cocktail party are fun, however the real fun is when you get invited to the Captains Stateroom for champagne and then a private dinner after.. :D

Sounds like Largin is at least "one up on us".

We've been invited to the Captain's Cabin for cocktails (on the late great Royal Princess), but never to the Captain's Cabin for dinner.

On Crystal Harmony some years ago, we did dine with the Staff Captain for the entire 10 night cruise (Canada/New England), and he did take the table to one of the extra-fare dining rooms one evening.

Cocktails in the Captain's Cabin for us happened on the late great Royal Princess twice, .

We too had cocktails (and you forgot the great hor d'ouvres) in the Captain's cabin on the old Royal. I wonder if this was the only ship/captain that did it.

Pia

We too had cocktails (and you forgot the great hor d'ouvres) in the Captain's cabin on the old Royal. I wonder if this was the only ship/captain that did it.

Pia

Arlene.. Back in the old days returning passenger parties were held in the Captains quarters because of the small number participating. That party has evolved into the Captains Circle cocktail party for returning passengers. Usually there are 100's attending this party. The most traveled passenger party is usually limited to around 20 couples or so for a private cocktail party or luncheon. The Captain's VIP party is usually for 4-6 couples, sometimes a bit larger if he wants the dinner part moved to one of the specialty restaurants..

Wow, this thread just reminded me. On our first cruise with Sitmar we were invited to a private party in the Captain's quarters. It was for all the Canadians traveling that sailing. The CD was busy introducing everyone to each other, when she finally stopped and turned to my mother and said "well, how many more kids do you have on board so I don't keep introducing you to them". It was 3 brothers, me, my mom and various kids and spouses. Too funny. I think there were only about 20-25 people there and our group consisted of 12 :p.

[quote name='earljr']Hi cruise pal Michael

Ok guys -- now I am really jealous -- how did these personal parties with the Capt come about? Based on what? Suites? Cruises? Good looks?

Earl[/quote]

Earl, I just went back to look at my Princess list. When this occurred, it was on our 19th Princess (combined with Sitmar) cruise, though I don't think their records were so great back then. It was also the 6th time we were on the Royal. Since we've never had a suite, it must be a combo of times cruised and good looks. :D

Pia

It certainly was not because we booked top-end cabins; we usually book mid range.

On the old Royal Princess, both times it was the same Capt. Townsend, who unfortunately had a heart attack aboard, 3-90, was removed from command and the ship, and subsequently died. I don't remember if that was in Aruba or Curacao, but we were aboard that trip (a Panama Canal transit.)

On the old Sea Princess, I presume it was because I befriended a ship's officer during a drill, but not sure of that.

Don't have a clue why we ate with the Staff Captain on Crystal Harmony - I guess just plain old "luck of the draw".

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Black]Our first time I think was was in 1979 with Captain Largomarsini on the Fairwind. If I am not mistaken Captain Pomata, now on the Emerald was the Safety Officer at that time.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]It's all in the luck of the draw. We got to know Capt. Nash quitw well having done B2B with him on different ships in the middle of the Hurricane that wiped out Cozumel and FLL. We had cocktails and dinner with him on our second leg. Nice Guy!! We attended the most raveled on both legs also.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Ron[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Buddy604']Never say never. ;)[/quote]

Mike, you are so right. We never thought we would make it, yet after our next Princess voyages, we will only need 4 days!:D Sure wish we lived closer to a port and could jump on one or two of the shorties. Never have done those, but wish we had.
We will make it soon.

We made the most traveled luncheon when we had about 150 days when we were on a 14 day Panama Canal cruise. That was 3 cruises ago and we haven't been invited since (though I'm hoping for it on my 7/1 cruise!) My husband and I were invited and we asked to bring our son (who was 6 and a perfect gentleman at the lunch!) It was the best cruise food I'd ever been served!

I've never received the eye gel or spritzer either. I'll have to ask for it.

Did anyone mention the priority tender boarding?

I also think the laundry is the best perk!

I've made "most traveled" twice in Alaska.. I think it's bec. we go back so often..

I agree laundry perk is 'the' best.. we also get on Carnival since I just went platinum w/ them.:) I do like the free internet as well. I never used my entire 60 mins. anyway so limitations aren't a factor

Carnival's gotten "better" and new DH gets military rates on that line and we have Princess VISA so we pretty much will be sticking to them for perks unless there is just a [U]killer[/U] deal on another line or a specific itin. they don't offer.

From last fall's Captain's Circle Newsletter...

NEW LOOK FOR STATEROOM BATHROOM AMENITIES

In early 2008 bathroom amenities in all stateroom categories will take on a contemporary
new look, as well as increased quantities!

The current paper sachets in stateroom categories, up to and including deluxe balconies,
will be replaced with easy-pour, double-the-quantity bottled amenities. Shampoo,
conditioner and body lotion will complement the tissue wrapped soap, with shower caps
always available on request. Mini-suites will also receive luxurious bath gel.

In addition, suite passengers will enjoy bath salts, eye gel mask, sizzle mitt, emery
board, cotton balls/Q-Tips, lip balm, and linen mist. If you are an Elite member of the
Princess Captain’s Circle you will be rewarded with the same upgraded stateroom amenities
enjoyed by our suite passengers, regardless of your stateroom category.

Archived