Elite Captain Circle Membership

joll

We'll be sailing on the Dawn Princess from Sydney in July 2009 for 53 days and will both have Elite membership status. I am aware of the general benefits such as free laundry, internet credits etc. but would like to Know if we are likely to get any extra benefits like invitations to special luncheons, the bridge etc. Also I believe that the mini bar will only be set up once, but do we get double the amount because there are 2 of us at this level??

I am shortly due to cruise on the Pacific Princess, and as it is a fly cruise I am looking to cut down on the amount of luggage. Can anyone tell me exactly what toiletries are provided for Elite members? I have heard that it is the same as what suite passengers get and I know that on P & O full size bottles of shampoo, lotion etc are provided.

I am shortly due to cruise on the Pacific Princess, and as it is a fly cruise I am looking to cut down on the amount of luggage. Can anyone tell me exactly what toiletries are provided for Elite members? I have heard that it is the same as what suite passengers get and I know that on P & O full size bottles of shampoo, lotion etc are provided.

You can get as much as you want. If you run out, just ask for more.

You might be invited to the Most Traveled Luncheon, but there is certainly no guarantee. I've done those transpacific cruises on Princess. Almost everyone is a Captain's Circle member (they hold the cocktail party over three separate nights to fit everyone in), and most have traveled extensively with Princess. The Most Traveled cut-off in days was much higher than on any other Princess cruises I've been on. Also, an invitation to visit the bridge is much coveted, and I don't believe that your Elite status will guarantee that either. Sorry!

The luncheon is for "most traveled passengers." This can vary greatly depending on the number of days you have sailed. We are now Elite, but on our last two cruises (both over 14 days), even though we have over 200 days on Princess, we were not invited, because there were so many people with many more than 200 days! Once on a Caribbean Princess 7-day cruise we were invited, and that was before we became Elite. I don't remember just how many days were required for that one. There is usually a notice in the Patters that asks you to check in with the Captain's Circle hostess if you have 200 or more days. I guess from that number they decide how many to invite. Perhaps someone else will chime in here. This has just been our experience.

The laundry service is great! Have a wonderful cruise.

The luncheon is for "most traveled passengers." This can vary greatly depending on the number of days you have sailed. We are now Elite, but on our last two cruises (both over 14 days), even though we have over 200 days on Princess, we were not invited, because there were so many people with many more than 200 days! Once on a Caribbean Princess 7-day cruise we were invited, and that was before we became Elite. I don't remember just how many days were required for that one. There is usually a notice in the Patters that asks you to check in with the Captain's Circle hostess if you have 200 or more days. I guess from that number they decide how many to invite. Perhaps someone else will chime in here. This has just been our experience.

The laundry service is great! Have a wonderful cruise.

Elite toiletries - let's see if I can remember all correctly:

Shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, bath gel and bar soap, gel eye mask, chamomile calming spritzer, q-tips and cotton balls - long and short of it - now I bring my toothpaste, mouthwash, my own conditioner for my hair, face creams....but I can leave the shampoo, bath gel, body lotion and q tips at home!

I might have forgotten an item or two, but those are the highlights! Hope it helps.:)

As far as the bar set up... if your cruise was also sold as a b2b or a b2b2b, etc, then you will get a bar set up for each leg (you might have to call room service and ask for another set up... that's what we had to do). That was during our 28 day Asia cruise 2 years ago. We booked it as 1 complete cruise but it was also offered as 2 separate cruises.

Don't forget to ask for the free chocolate covered strawberries on the formal nights.:D
Or the savory canapes. Yummy!

As far as the bar set up... if your cruise was also sold as a b2b or a b2b2b, etc, then you will get a bar set up for each leg (you might have to call room service and ask for another set up... that's what we had to do).
They've been pretty good about just doing if automatically for me, but then I usually book a B2B as two cruises and join them.

Elite toiletries - let's see if I can remember all correctly:

Shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, bath gel and bar soap, gel eye mask, chamomile calming spritzer, q-tips and cotton balls - long and short of it - now I bring my toothpaste, mouthwash, my own conditioner for my hair, face creams....but I can leave the shampoo, bath gel, body lotion and q tips at home!

I might have forgotten an item or two, but those are the highlights! Hope it helps.:)

Emery boards too. :D

Ginger, we've been missing out! We've never have these things, and I would love that spritzer!

Nope - balcony stateroom is all, and we were aboard the Coral. It was our first (and second - b2b) cruise as elite, and those goodies showed up in the toiletry assortment.

We also got the second mini-bar set up with only 2 days on the second part of the b2b, and were able to change it out both times to an inventory that suited us.

I brought the spritzer along home......:)

We'll be sailing on the Dawn Princess from Sydney in July 2009 for 53 days and will both have Elite membership status. I am aware of the general benefits such as free laundry, internet credits etc. but would like to Know if we are likely to get any extra benefits like invitations to special luncheons, the bridge etc. Also I believe that the mini bar will only be set up once, but do we get double the amount because there are 2 of us at this level??

Most traveled luncheon is determined by the top most traveled on any particular cruise. TA cruises may only have those with over 400 days where a 7 day Caribbean cruise it might be 150 days. There is no knowing where the cut off will be. For 7 day cruises it is usually a cocktail party and a luncheon for longer cruises with about 20 people invited.

We found out on our most recent TA/Baltic cruise for 25 days that because the cruise was also sold as a 15 day TA and a 10 day Baltic cruise that the ship considered our cruise as a back to back cruise.

We were issued new cruise key cards for the last 10 days and also received a second mini bar set up. The Elite internet perk was issued separately for each cruise and any remaining time was not carried forward. (many unhappy people over that one - especially those that had paid for a package)

Because we booked it as a 25 day cruise it was only counted as one cruise for us. The new cruise key cards still showed the same number past cruises as the first card did and we did not receive another OBC.

The only toiletries we received were: Shampoo, Conditioner, Lotion and Bath Gel. We have never received: gel eye mask or chamomile calming spritzer and only once did we receive shower cap, q-tips, emery boards and cotton balls.

At first we'd receive slippers but the last couple of cruises we've had to ask the room steward for them and he brought them right away.

There is a card for requesting the 6 canapes you want on formal night but it is hit and miss if we've had the given to us the night before by the room steward or if we have had to ask for it. The last cards have said 4 only chocolate covered strawberries but I wrote in 6 and they sent 6.

We had a bridge tour included as one of the "Most Traveled" on the Dawn but never since. I believe if you write a note to the Captain asking to see the Bridge that some times he will issue you an invitation.

Hi all

It is our understanding that each cruise has its own standard for the luncheon with the Capt. and/or the cocktail party with the Capt. We have been told by the Capitan Circle folks that usually the cutoff for the luncheon is 40 and the cocktail party can be higher.

On the Coral l0/07 10 day we were the most traveled passengers and sat with the Capt. for lunch. At this time we only had around 250 days and were greatly surprised. (pleasantly I might add)

On the Grand TA in April, 08 we didnt make the cut at the 40 level per Sandy the Capt. Circle Rep. but on the next leg which was Rome to Venice we did get an invite to a cocktail party with the Capt and officers. Again the cut off was 40 people.

We have changed our mind and now tend to like the cocktail party more than the luncheon. Although the food is only finger stuff you are able to order drinks of your choice and the capt and officers are able to mingle among the guests so you get to have a talk with several officers, the CD and CD staffers that you dont get at the luncheon.

Earl

You never know when you'll qualify for Most Travelled luncheon and yes, it's usually 40 that are invited. Not 40 couples; 40 people. On one of our cruises, a B2B, we were third most travelled on the first leg and didn't even qualify for lunch on the 2nd. This is not something you can ever anticipate.

Pia

Thanks for all your replies. I guess we will just have to wait and see what we are offered. There will probably be lots of people with more than 150 sea days as they don't take long to build up if you have the time to take the longer sea voyages.

Just back from Dawn Sf rt Alaska, Captains cocktail party had 39 elites, top cruiser had 90+ cruises, 900+ days. Second was around 70 and & 700 days, 3rd was someone with 400+ days. Each got a bottle of champagne and something in a bag.

My 111 days must have been at the bottom of the elite group... I got only what is listed in the elite perks. I did make good use of the free laundry and dry cleaning. Nice to come home with clean clothes.

Bob

Just back from Dawn Sf rt Alaska, Captains cocktail party had 39 elites, top cruiser had 90+ cruises, 900+ days. Second was around 70 and & 700 days, 3rd was someone with 400+ days. Each got a bottle of champagne and something in a bag.

My 111 days must have been at the bottom of the elite group... I got only what is listed in the elite perks. I did make good use of the free laundry and dry cleaning. Nice to come home with clean clothes.

Bob

111 days usually doesn't make it to Elite. Did you have a whole lot of little cruises to make it to 16?

Pia

Elite is 15 cruises or 150 days. 14 7 day cruises are 98 days, that means he only needed one 13 day cruise to make Elite. More likely is 13 7 day cruise = 91 days plus 2 10 day trips = 111 days and Elite status.

Elite is 15 cruises or 150 days. 14 7 day cruises are 98 days, that means he only needed one 13 day cruise to make Elite. More likely is 13 7 day cruise = 91 days plus 2 10 day trips = 111 days and Elite status.

Too much math so early in the AM. Have you had your caffeine yet? :D I was Elite way before there was an Elite. :)

Hi Pia

Remember the old first officer, capitan, etc.pins? On our last cruise I met a gentleman wearing his pin and I mentioned that Princess now has new pins for the number of days/cruises etc. Told him he could get new pins from the Capitain Circle lady.

He told me he was just fine with his pin, thank you !!! so another time that foot and mouth became one :o

Earl

Archived