Elite Captain Circle Membership

joll

[quote name='snowman']Where do they have the most traveled lunch? Do you think that at 177 we would make it? We will be on the Emerald for a 10 day in Jan.
Thanks[/quote]
The luncheon is usually held in one of the diningrooms not open that afternoon.
177 days, I doubt it, but you never know, it will all depend on how many Elite are actually sailing on your cruise. Normally, we never made the cut until we had at least 200+ days, and even then on some sailings, we were not in the top group.
If you happen to be in the top most traveled, an invite with an RSVP will be delivered to your stateroom.

[quote name='Pia1913']Too much math so early in the AM. Have you had your caffeine yet? :D I was Elite way before there was an Elite. :)[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]How could you be elite before there was an elite???[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]We were commodore status before they started the gold, platinum and elite. That was the highest they went - no perks just lapel pins.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Ron[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='snowman']Where do they have the most traveled lunch? Do you think that at 177 we would make it? We will be on the Emerald for a 10 day in Jan.
Thanks[/quote]

Like stated, it really depends on the cruise. Both my DH and my two kids were invited to the most traveled cocktail party and we were all around 120 days or less at the time. Maybe the really smart well seasoned travellers decided not to sail during Hurrican Ivan - so that just left us. I think its the luck of the draw.

[quote name='notentirelynormal']Like stated, it really depends on the cruise. Both my DH and my two kids were invited to the most traveled cocktail party and we were all around 120 days or less at the time. Maybe the really smart well seasoned travellers decided not to sail during Hurrican Ivan - so that just left us. I think its the luck of the draw.[/quote]

Some ships I have heard from the captain's circle hostess have as little as a dozen Elite members onboard, while others can have several hundred. Again, all depends on how many other members are sailing with you whether you make the cut or not.

[quote name='notentirelynormal']Like stated, it really depends on the cruise. Both my DH and my two kids were invited to the most traveled cocktail party and we were all around 120 days or less at the time. Maybe the really smart well seasoned travellers decided not to sail during Hurrican Ivan - so that just left us. I think its the luck of the draw.[/quote]

The cocktail party is not the lunch, unless of course it was in lieu of a lunch.

I'm wondering whether or not they'll be doing a lunch on the first leg of our next cruise, since it's pretty port intensive and there may not be a time to fit it in.

Pia

The cocktail party is not the lunch, unless of course it was in lieu of a lunch.

I'm wondering whether or not they'll be doing a lunch on the first leg of our next cruise, since it's pretty port intensive and there may not be a time to fit it in.

Pia

According to the Captain's Circle lady, it was in lieu of a lunch. We were the most traveled on that trip.

According to the Captain's Circle lady, it was in lieu of a lunch. We were the most traveled on that trip.

120 Days and you were the most traveled onboard? OMG, I need to find one of those sailings. LOL I am usually at the end of the list with well over 200 days sailed. :(

120 Days and you were the most traveled onboard? OMG, I need to find one of those sailings. LOL I am usually at the end of the list with well over 200 days sailed. :(

One of our friends just came off an Alaska trip (you know who, Toto) and they were most travelled at over 500 days. Second place went to someone with only 200 something days. We would have been 2nd. You're right; we need to pick our cruises more judiciously.

Well, like I said, it WAS during the biggest hurricane (Ivan) ever! LOL Coming back Florida was closed and the waters in San Juan were a tad wild.

Under those weather circumstances, I'd gladly give up first place. :) Then again, I'm not sure I could live with your impending earthquakes either. :D

One of our friends just came off an Alaska trip (you know who, Toto) and they were most travelled at over 500 days. Second place went to someone with only 200 something days. We would have been 2nd. You're right; we need to pick our cruises more judiciously.

From what I have been told, those Alaska cruises don't seem to have as many passengers with the 500-1000 days on them as many we choose to sail on. I talked to one hostess that had only 4 Elite members on the entire next voyage to Alaska (not much competition on that one lol). :eek:

The closest we came (this is unbelievable) is on our last Tahiti sailing. We were the 4th or 5th most traveled, and we were still platinum at that time (just before they did the switcheroo to days or cruises. Kind of shocked the heck out of me, but there were a LOT of first time cruisers and first time princess cruisers on that one.

So, the friend is now in colder climates hey? Where is the next cruise taking him/her (just to keep things interesting we will keep it at him/her lol)?

So, the friend is now in colder climates hey? Where is the next cruise taking him/her (just to keep things interesting we will keep it at him/her lol)?

It's our other friend Toto. She's going to continue staying closer to home. The other one is in St. Petersburg.

With 641 passengers on board last December, #1 had 585 days, #2 had 389 days, and #3 had 315 days.

There were 23 elite on board and 66 planinum.

And there I would have been; in 3rd place. I'm still aiming for 2nd. Where do I stand with you, Bill? Are you my competition on the Crown? :D

Pia

I'm so glad they changed the Elite to only require 150 days. It was really annoying to have Elites with fewer days invited to the luncheon than us, with almost 350 days before we made Elite. The Captain's Club representative told us that the number of days wasn't important, only the number of cruises. :( Sometimes things improve.;) Nancy

I'm so glad they changed the Elite to only require 150 days. It was really annoying to have Elites with fewer days invited to the luncheon than us, with almost 350 days before we made Elite. The Captain's Club representative told us that the number of days wasn't important, only the number of cruises. :( Sometimes things improve.;) Nancy

That's what used to happen which I didn't think was fair either. They counted only number of cruises and your 30 day cruise counted as one and someone else's 3 day cruise counted as one. Much better to count days than cruises.

Pia

The invite to the Captain's lunches and private cocktail parties was always based on the number of days, not the number of cruises..

Largin, it always has been for the ones we attended. We were invited to a lot of luncheons way before we hit Elite. I asked the first time and the hostess told us that for the most traveled luncheon it has always been days sailed, not number of cruises. So, this puzzles me a bit that someone was given the wrong information.:confused: :confused:

Largin, it always has been for the ones we attended. We were invited to a lot of luncheons way before we hit Elite. I asked the first time and the hostess told us that for the most traveled luncheon it has always been days sailed, not number of cruises. So, this puzzles me a bit that someone was given the wrong information.:confused: :confused:

I don't think we really paid attention to the numbers prior to the onset of Elite status. I think we already had 21 cruises before they instituted Elite at #16 and I never thought about days until I had to.

Also, after umpteen lunches, I still enjoy them. I really enjoy getting a photo that I don't have to pay for. :D

I agree.. Before we were Elite we were invited to a lot of the luncheons also. As for wrong information... there is lots of mis-information posted on this board.. :D

I agree.. Before we were Elite we were invited to a lot of the luncheons also. As for wrong information... there is lots of mis-information posted on this board.. :D

Really!!! I find that hard to believe!! Why would someone post mis-information??

Ron

The invite to the Captain's lunches and private cocktail parties was always based on the number of days, not the number of cruises..

Sorry - didn't work that way for me. We were told in no uncertain terms that at that time it was the number of cruises. Our trivia partners had 40 less days than we did, and were invited to the lunch, based on the number of cruises. Fortunately, we made Elite the next cruise, and so it hasn't happened since. I guess everyone's experience is different-----

Archived