Princess Corp is watching!

cascole

I just had to share the most incredible thing... and confirmation that Princess does read reviews here & take them seriously!

I posted my review very recently which included praise for service I received in the Wheelhouse bar on Golden Princess. This morning, I received a thank you note via email from one of the bartenders... Evidently, the 'big boss from the LA office came on board Golden for inspection of the bars department' & singled out the employees I mentioned in order to give them acolades! Very cool!

How do I know that the 'big boss' knew my experience from this site & not from my comment card??? ... whoever it is specifically mentioned 'Cucumber Martini Girls', and this is the only place I used that reference.

Very Cool indeed! (I think my impressions of Princess just went up again!)

I was on the same cruise you were. I agree about the terrific bartenders in the Wheelhouse. I am glad that you mentioned them and that they received praise. Those guys were really good.

Basically, I thought the service on the whole cruise was pretty good, with only a couple of exceptions.:D

Ohiodoglover

Hi There,

Do not think for one minute that what we post here is private or a shock to the cruise lines, they read, they act, they know very well what we like and do not like and will take action where required.

They also read with some interest the roll calls to see who is coming onboard.

yours Shogun

I just had to share the most incredible thing... and confirmation that Princess does read reviews here & take them seriously!

I posted my review very recently which included praise for service I received in the Wheelhouse bar on Golden Princess. This morning, I received a thank you note via email from one of the bartenders... Evidently, the 'big boss from the LA office came on board Golden for inspection of the bars department' & singled out the employees I mentioned in order to give them acolades! Very cool!

How do I know that the 'big boss' knew my experience from this site & not from my comment card??? ... whoever it is specifically mentioned 'Cucumber Martini Girls', and this is the only place I used that reference.

Very Cool indeed! (I think my impressions of Princess just went up again!)

Cruise lines pay considerable attention to online discussions. A spokesperson for a cruise line stated, “As a company we do like to maintain a feel for what’s being discussed online,” she says. “The message boards are a great source of consumer feedback.”

So, what does all this mean? Simply put, when you post a cruise review on a Web site, your post is likely being read by someone at the cruise line. Most cruise lines welcome feedback.

Don’t be surprised if you end up with an e-mail or phone call from the cruise line.

After I wrote my review I received a letter in the mail, thanking me.

OK so if Princess Corp. is watching, could someone please take care of the pending charge on our booking?

Last Thursday we made final payment with our TA. The payment is showing pending with the CC company, however Princess still has not processed the payment nor credited our booking with the payment. When it was processed the TA said the card was declined. We called the bank and they said "no, it's approved, we are showing it pending, the cruiseline just needs to process the payment." It's a mess. I was told by Princess Customer No Service not to worry, well I lost my cabin last year due to an accounting issue with the agency we used last year. This year it's Princess that can't seem to process the payment. The bank says all that Princess has to do is process the charge that's been approved by the bank, jeesh. After talking to Customer No Service today, of course I got the "your travel agent needs to take care of this." Well, she has really tried and they still can't seem to process this.

So, Princess Corp, would you please just process the payment?

Good for you! I have a question though. How did Princess know how to contact you - all that is here is your screen name and you don't have any contact info or an email address in your profile???

Personally, I'm glad that Princess (and, one could expect, all of Carnival Corp) is paying attention.

The worst thing is a member of the hospitality community that doesn't pay attention to their guests! :eek:

Princess, thanks for being there :p

Dear Princess -- if you really do read these boards, pleases improve your coffee! :p

Oh 8 Bells, I am with you on that!! Hello Princess....please upgrade your coffee to STARBUCKS!!!! :rolleyes: That hot mud you are serving has NO flavor at all!

Oh 8 Bells, I am with you on that!! Hello Princess....please upgrade your coffee to STARBUCKS!!!! :rolleyes: That hot mud you are serving has NO flavor at all!

...and PLEASE enforce the dress code on ALL your ships. Thank you!

Hello Princess!

Instead of allowing smoking in public areas, you can

set aside a few enclosed rooms on each floor for smokers like they do in some airports which

have excellent filtration air conditioners. Smokers can to go in there

to smoke cigarettes, pipes, cigars. That way non-smokers and smokers won't be

so self riteous. And non-smokers won't be complaining about the nextdoor smokers

on the balcony. Also if you have to charge a little fee (like a smoker's card) to enter

I'm sure those nicotine addicts would gladly pay a little to get their fix. You can

sell them duty free cigarettes even! :p :eek: :D

Dear Princess, please ask Nickelodeon to run "The Love Boat" or better yet get some TV producer to do an updated version- but we want more shots of the ship!:D

Dear Princess, your highness;

I would like an ugrade please.;)

Oh and while you are at it would you please refund the $1.73 cents that you charged my wife for the glass of chocolate milk that she requested at lunch recently. If it had been plain milk or if a child had requested the chocolate milk there would have been no charge. So why do you want to make people mad at you about such a charge?:mad:

Good for you! I have a question though. How did Princess know how to contact you - all that is here is your screen name and you don't have any contact info or an email address in your profile???

I have the same question for the OP. How did the bartender know your email address?

Just a guess, but if the OP in the review stated a cabin number on a given sailing date it would be very easy for Princess to know all about the person doing the review.

Hi There,

Do not think for one minute that what we post here is private or a shock to the cruise lines, they read, they act, they know very well what we like and do not like and will take action where required.

They also read with some interest the roll calls to see who is coming onboard.

yours Shogun

They must get a kick out of reading those:D

Archived