Princess Corp is watching!

cascole

...One day he even phoned our cabin with answers to one of my questions about turn around day as I was posting a live thread. My question was "where is the closest Starbucks and liquor store" from the pier for turn around day. Obviously you can see where my priorities are. He told me exactly where they both were and even offered us someone to direct us -- :rolleyes:

I am just getting caught up with this post, and was very impressed with this. Absolutely incredible service! (And would you please let those of us doing B2Bs in January out of FLL know where they are, just in case James isn't on the ship then?:D )

I do believe Princess reads CC but they really let down our large CC group. From even before the cruise started there was alot of date and venue changes, as if we weren't important. And they were going to be making $12 pp for a group of about 50. The final time given was on the next to last sea night, we all thought it was kind of silly to schedule a meet and greet at the END of your cruise but we figured we'd use it to say good bye. The night before's patter showed a trivia event taking place at the same time and location that our meet and greet was, it was a huge hassle for the CC member who had done all the emailing. Even after we were given the room again there was alot of confusion about what the $12pp entitled us to. The purser had to be contacted AGAIN, we didn't end up getting a full hour of open bar and some people had trouble getting drinks, I think there was only 1 bartender and 2 servers. Most of us ended up getting our monies worth and we all had a great time, but I love Princess and I didn't feel Princess treated CC members as good as Royal Carribean did on my trip last fall.

Again I LOVE Princess and will definitely cruise them again, so don't flame me. I just feel this particular instance Princess fell short on impressing some first time CC members.

Hi There,

I am on the emearld in two weeks we have a CC meeting in Skywalkers on the first sea day in the afternoon , with bar man etc, also possible visits from ships staff etc. The whole thing was set up in just 2 emails

yours Shogun

Dear Princess, Please make any time dining really "any time".

In our recent May cruise, after having problems getting into anytime dining the 1st day, I resorted to reservations. They wouldn't allow us to make reservations until 8am each day and reservations could only be made for that day. I called right at 8am, was put on hold for quite some time, and then once the live person finally answered, was told all tables were taken until 8:15pm. This happened on more than one day.

We went to the dining room at 5:30 (when it opened) and were turned away until 8:15pm (even though we could see empty tables) because we didn't have reservations. To be able to see the show, we had no choice but to go to the buffet. It was formal night. Do you think the buffet was serving lobster? No. So, Princess turns me away from Anytime dining and then won't serve me the same meal, which I paid for.

Make anytime dining really any time. 1st come, 1st served (unless you have an extreme case like a medical condition). We've sailed with Princess alot. Anytime dining started out great, but its been going downhill and now, ugghh.

Dear Princess, Please make any time dining really "any time".

In our recent May cruise, after having problems getting into anytime dining the 1st day, I resorted to reservations. They wouldn't allow us to make reservations until 8am each day and reservations could only be made for that day. I called right at 8am, was put on hold for quite some time, and then once the live person finally answered, was told all tables were taken until 8:15pm. This happened on more than one day.

We went to the dining room at 5:30 (when it opened) and were turned away until 8:15pm (even though we could see empty tables) because we didn't have reservations. To be able to see the show, we had no choice but to go to the buffet. It was formal night. Do you think the buffet was serving lobster? No. So, Princess turns me away from Anytime dining and then won't serve me the same meal, which I paid for.

Make anytime dining really any time. 1st come, 1st served (unless you have an extreme case like a medical condition). We've sailed with Princess alot. Anytime dining started out great, but its been going downhill and now, ugghh.

I'm so sorry to hear this! We love Anytime Dining and on our last Princess Cruise's only had to wait a few minutes to be seated without a reservation. Having to make a reservation in the morning pretty much defeats the purpose of Anytime to me :( . We don't know where or when we'll want to eat that night at 8 A.M. (in fact, we're rarely UP at 8 A.M. :D).

I agree with the above posters, either make it really "Anytime" (no reservations) or drop the whole idea. If someone wants to eat at a definite time, they should book Traditional Dining, IMO.

Let's make a deal and you won't have the need to change cruise lines. We'll lobby for Scottish Iron Bru if you'll help us lobby for Pepsi products. (That would include Dr. Pepper.) That way we both win!

I still can't understand why they can't have both Pepsi AND Coke. I would think Carnival is "big" enough to warrant a sizeable contract for both.

AV Lady (Pepsi rules!!):D

Add me to those that would like to see Anytime Dining return to it's original concept. It seems that each cruise we take it takes longer and longer for us to get a table. On our last cruise whenever we requested a table for just the two of us we were looked as if we had two heads each. We also observed others that just walked up and were whisked away to their waiting tables. Make Anytime, Anytime and no reservations no matter how much the passenger offers to tip the Head Waiter or Matre'd.

While DH and I appreciate the concept and have experienced very few issues with "anytime" dining, I tend to agree with those who suggest that it should mean exactly as the name implies: No reservations. Walk-ins only with possible waiting at peak dining times.

By the same token, those who have selected "traditional" dining should not be allowed to dine in "anytime" dining venues other than the alternative restaurants that are available to all passengers (Sabatini's, Sterling Steak House, Crown Grille, etc.), and, of course, Horizon Court and/or Cafe Caribe.

DH and I have spoken with a number of waitstaff who have told us that many people who choose "traditional" dining don't ever show up at their assigned tables or come only on formal nights. Likewise, passengers have told us that they spent an entire cruise dining alone at a "traditional" table for 6 or 8 because fellow passengers never came. Sounds a lot like chaise hogging at the pool: Folks want to keep the chairs but aren't necessarily there all the time.

What's wrong with this picture? Are these folks having dinner in one of the upcharge venues where Princess is making money, or are these passengers going to the "anytime" dining rooms because it's more convenient for them most of the time? Perhaps a fleetwide policy and consistent enforcement from ship-to-ship would alleviate the dining issues.

Long story short: If everyone did what they were supposed to do, both "traditional" and "anytime" dining would work :)

Bon Appetit!

Chris

While DH and I appreciate the concept and have experienced very few issues with "anytime" dining, I tend to agree with those who suggest that it should mean exactly as the name implies: No reservations. Walk-ins only with possible waiting at peak dining times.

By the same token, those who have selected "traditional" dining should not be allowed to dine in "anytime" dining venues other than the alternative restaurants that are available to all passengers (Sabatini's, Sterling Steak House, Crown Grille, etc.), and, of course, Horizon Court and/or Cafe Caribe.

DH and I have spoken with a number of waitstaff who have told us that many people who choose "traditional" dining don't ever show up at their assigned tables or come only on formal nights. Likewise, passengers have told us that they spent an entire cruise dining alone at a "traditional" table for 6 or 8 because fellow passengers never came. Sounds a lot like chaise hogging at the pool: Folks want to keep the chairs but aren't necessarily there all the time.

What's wrong with this picture? Are these folks having dinner in one of the upcharge venues where Princess is making money, or are these passengers going to the "anytime" dining rooms because it's more convenient for them most of the time? Perhaps a fleetwide policy and consistent enforcement from ship-to-ship would alleviate the dining issues.

Long story short: If everyone did what they were supposed to do, both "traditional" and "anytime" dining would work :)

Bon Appetit!

Chris

Chris, I TOTALLY agree with you on all points. Anytime dining was inplimented for a reason, but Princess seems to have lost it's mind since then and allowing traditional diners, reservations, etc. have really hampered the concept.

I feel it's time for Princess to make this what it originally was to be and stick to it. ;)

Bon Appetit!

Chris

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE! We know people who are veteran cruisers (100 cruises) and they ALWAYS have traditional dining reserved but ALWAYS try every "Personal Choice/Anytime" dining room on each ship. I have called them on it and asked them how they had tried that certain restaurant and they keep telling me that you are allowed to go back and forth, which I know is not the case. It really irritates me as I know a lot of people are waitlisted for traditional dining and these particular traditional diners (along with a lot of others) are taking up space when they are only there for a night or two. Princess should be checking your cruisecard to see your dining choice.

I also totally agree with the reservations nonsense - every morning I called (this was on the Coral and the Sapphire) and got the same woman who was Eastern European and SO intimidating (I swear she was on BOTH the Coral and the Sapphire(lol) - she actually scared me! It was like a "Seinfeld" episode where a reservation is not a reservation - lol. I could tell you stories that would curl your hair about anytime dining :D and something needs to be done, that is for sure.

We have booked anytime on our next cruise on the Caribbean Princess so we will keep our fingers crossed!

Canuck

I am just under 5ft2ins......medium build.....So each trip I ask for a robe in my cabin it barely meets in the middle.....So Princess please can you get ladies size 14hip robes in stock PLEASE PLEASE....:D

Actually, no. I'm not usually shy about making my needs known, but the couples seemed to be having such a good time, and some of them were such excellent dancers, that I didn't feel the need to disrupt the "vibe".

If I ever sail on a Princess ship again, I'll try making some song suggestions.

Chris, I TOTALLY agree with you on all points. Anytime dining was inplimented for a reason, but Princess seems to have lost it's mind since then and allowing traditional diners, reservations, etc. have really hampered the concept.

I feel it's time for Princess to make this what it originally was to be and stick to it. ;)

I couldnot find the post regarding the flood.

Was in the UK for a couple of months with limited time on public Library computer.

It must have been a horrid time for you.Glad you are OK......Kruisey:)

I couldnot find the post regarding the flood.

Was in the UK for a couple of months with limited time on public Library computer.

It must have been a horrid time for you.Glad you are OK......Kruisey:)

Kruisey - just so you know, Toto's town was devastated by a tornado.

Kruisey - just so you know, Toto's town was devastated by a tornado.

How dreadful........I do hope that the Government and Insurance Companies are looking after everyone.

I think I remember on British TV one night they mentioned a Tornado and a picture flashed on the scene.Naturally you don't get the full coverage overseas........

Toto, glad to see you are back on the CC boards and hope you are doing well.

BTW, I forgot to mention in my ealier post that for our last few cruises I don't even recall being asked to see our cruise card when we arrived for dining at the Anytime restaurants. Seems they just let anyone that wants to dine there in. Is that really the right thing to do? I think not! Hopefully Corporate is watching this thread and will start requiring the Anytime Head Waiters and hostesses to check cruise cards for their dining designations. Ok, I'm going to let this one go now.

At lunch one day a gentleman sat down with a clipboard and introduced himself as a Princess employee who was doing survey on service, food, entertainment etc. He asked the table (about8<) what was the one thing about P which bothered us. It was funny, to a person we all said COFEE ! He listened to all our gripes, complaints and wrote them all down. He said he went ship to ship and all comments were read at Corporate office by quite a large staff who then passed them on to people who could perhaps do something to "fix" the problem. Was on Diamond in April and the coffee was much better. Maybe someone listened.

I always but the coffee card and find it a great value for me since I love a decaf capaccino with desert in the evenings. Included in this is fresh brewed coffee at the Patiserrie so I don't even go near the coffe in the buffet any more. I don't know if they've improved it or not but when I did drink it, it was not very good.

Archived