Princess Corp is watching!

cascole

James Deering, if you're reading this....it's Roz, Morey and Brenda, from the "O"! We missed you on our "O" cruise, this past April! It's not the same without you!

We are booked on the Golden and the Sapphire....see if you can make a change!!!!

The not so good::confused:

Laundry Hours why aren't they open 24 hours.

Why no towel creatures????

I disagree with the above comments! The laudromats are not open at night because the noise created by people talking and slamming the door would disturb nearby cabins.

Towel creatures...I'd rather the cabin stewards spend their time preparing our cabins, they have enough to do. Just hang the fresh towels in the bathroom where they belong! And leave a chocolate on the pillow as always!;)

I agree in the laundry!

On the towel animals it has been our experience that almost all of them were pre-made, and moved from room to room each day. One day we came back to find the monkey, the next day it was two cabins down - so I don't think it takes up much of their time. I really don't care about them one way or the other, but the one time (Ok twice - we had one in our cabin the whole cruise - the same one - last cruise) we did, we had a good laugh over it and it generated several notes on a cocktail napkin to and from our room attendant that was really funny.

Open bookings to passengers everywhere at the same time. We were only able to book in June while US folk could book months earlier. Give the early bookers an upgrade if there are any going. Don't overcharge UK passengers and give us the same deals as US ones.

We really enjoy cruising Princess, we are very loyal to it, and are quite pleased with the "silent" disembarkation.

Do care about formal night, and no shorts, jeans, etc., in the dining room in the evenings, and would like to see it stay that way.

On our recent cruise on the Coral, the buffet kicked things up a notch with placemats and silverware on the table, and all beverages served by the waitstaff. This was excellent, produced a more relaxing atmosphere when dining in the buffet, and was probably more hygenic as well. Can you do this on every ship? We loved it!

Towel animals - don't need them, but if they show up they put a smile on our faces. But, would rather an extremely competent and friendly cabin steward - willing to sacrifice towel animals to competence any day.

And I also think it would be appropriate to allow only those that are disabled to book the cabins that handicap/accesible cabins - until the very last booking opportunity.

Let's see - no complaints about the hairdryers, we use a coffee card since we prefer espresso based drinks anyway, love the ice cream made on board- yummy - Princess does a lot of things right in our book.

One complaint - prizes for trivia, etc. - getting kind of tired of luggage tags - could you go back to the prize token system so we could choose our goodies near the end of the cruise?

One final request - could you let me stay onboard rather than disembark at the end of the cruise - leaving the ship breaks my heart!

We really enjoy cruising Princess, we are very loyal to it, and are quite pleased with the "silent" disembarkation.

Do care about formal night, and no shorts, jeans, etc., in the dining room in the evenings, and would like to see it stay that way.

On our recent cruise on the Coral, the buffet kicked things up a notch with placemats and silverware on the table, and all beverages served by the waitstaff. This was excellent, produced a more relaxing atmosphere when dining in the buffet, and was probably more hygenic as well. Can you do this on every ship? We loved it!

Towel animals - don't need them, but if they show up they put a smile on our faces. But, would rather an extremely competent and friendly cabin steward - willing to sacrifice towel animals to competence any day.

And I also think it would be appropriate to allow only those that are disabled to book the cabins that handicap/accesible cabins - until the very last booking opportunity.

Let's see - no complaints about the hairdryers, we use a coffee card since we prefer espresso based drinks anyway, love the ice cream made on board- yummy - Princess does a lot of things right in our book.

One complaint - prizes for trivia, etc. - getting kind of tired of luggage tags - could you go back to the prize token system so we could choose our goodies near the end of the cruise?

One final request - could you let me stay onboard rather than disembark at the end of the cruise - leaving the ship breaks my heart!

Very well said, could not agree with you more.

Marilyn

Please give us better meat! The last couple of cruises - the meat tasted like LIVER - yuck. I am allergic to seafood and pasta, so I eat a lot of beef. We need Sterling's quality of meat in the dining room.

I disagree that the smoking policies should be stricter - they are already strict enough. There is even no smoking allowed outside at the pool bars, for goodness sakes. Non-smokers see people smoking and think we are allowed to smoke anywhere - there are only a few places smokers can smoke - a couple of barstools here and there - we like to enjoy the entertainment too - so please don't restrict this any further. There are a few cruiselines for non-smokers (Oceania, NCL, Celebrity etc.) now but the smokers' choices are getting limited.

Better coffee is mandatory!

Other than that - we are very happy Princess cruisers!

Canuck

After I wrote my review I received a letter in the mail, thanking me.

How do you think they connected your screen name with your actual identity? Did you have enough identifying details (cabin number for example along with sail date) that it clearly pointed to you?

KICK POOL AND LOUNGE CHAIR HOGS OFF THE SHIP.

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

Dear Princess -- Make sure you keep up with the furniture repairs in the staterooms. The last three cruises I have been on (in mini suites) have had broken down sofas...so beat up and uncomfortable. Thank goodness that the mattresses on the Golden Princess finally got changed -- my back couldn't take it any longer!

Princess, please have an adequate supply on the ship of egg crates to all who need them, even on the new cement beds. :mad: Please also review the buying decision on the new beds. Don't go forward if you can get out of the contract. HAL knows what it takes to have a good bed:D

...and PLEASE enforce the dress code on ALL your ships. Thank you!

Yes! TVaud and I are twins separated at birth.

Please keep formal nights and enforce the dress code. We like to pack beautiful clothes, dress us to the nines, pretty dresses, sparkly shoes, all of that ! It's part of the fun !

Thank you. Happy cruising.

Yes! TVaud and I are twins separated at birth.

Please keep formal nights and enforce the dress code. We like to pack beautiful clothes, dress us to the nines, pretty dresses, sparkly shoes, all of that ! It's part of the fun !

Thank you. Happy cruising.

My family does too!

Still waiting......... Please give me my cabin assignment! :rolleyes: Upgrade please! :p Hint: I live in Ashley, Pa. (Probably, the only person traveling from Ashley on the cruise, August 15.) :D

Just a note on the wheelchair accessible cabins... Princess actually instructs its reservation agents not to book into those cabins if that is the only cabin left in a category. The problem is that many people call in and claim they need one and book into one. Reservation agents are required to ask if someone traveling in the cabin needs a wheelchair accessible cabin but since its a bit of a sensitive topic for some folks reservation agents are not permitted to really delve into the why's or how comes and some people probably feel that requiring a doctor's note can be a bit invasive for such a simple request. There is policy to reserve those for those who need them, but often times its a matter of privacy why or how come someone needs them.

FYI we had this enhancement on the Emerald last summer and I understand it is being rolled out across the fleet.

I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed this thread! As a new cruiser to Princess (one wonderful Baltic cruise two weeks ago!) I don't have much advice for the powers that be. However, Princess, could you please remind your DJs that some of us out there are single and NOT looking, and not every song should target couples. I love to dance, but I was restricted to (quite happily) watching the couples strut their stuff. More 60s, 70s and 80s please.

Princess, please have an adequate supply on the ship of egg crates to all who need them, even on the new cement beds. :mad: Please also review the buying decision on the new beds. Don't go forward if you can get out of the contract. HAL knows what it takes to have a good bed:D

Do you mean the "new" mattresses are WORSE than the old?

My note to Princess was going to be....

Please, PLEASE put in comforable mattresses. It's really a shame that such a great cruise line thinks substandard mattresses are fine. If cruisers are spending 1/3 of their cruise, 8 hrs each day lying on a poor quality, thin, hard mattress it's going to be a pretty significant memory of their Princess Experience. Why would Princess have such a poor mattress where Carnival and other lines have excellent quality. I don't get it.

FYI we had this enhancement on the Emerald last summer and I understand it is being rolled out across the fleet.

Yippee!!! We are on the Emerald in January so we will look forward to that, especially since doing a b2b we will taper off the dining room when we have "gorged" on too much food. Hope it is set up that way on the Tahitian by Sept too!

Thanks for the info!!!!:)

On our recent cruise on the Coral, the buffet kicked things up a notch with placemats and silverware on the table, and all beverages served by the waitstaff. Can you do this on every ship?

I've run into this on the Golden, Dawn and Diamond. It's probably fleet wide. Now the trick is to try to find a beverage waiter.

Princess, could you please remind your DJs that some of us out there are single and NOT looking, and not every song should target couples. More 60s, 70s and 80s please.

Did you ask the DJ to please play some of what you were looking for? Usually he/she is quite willing to do so.

Archived