Princess Corp is watching!

cascole

Ah but the vast majority of people like myself would like to enjoy clean, fresh air that we've paid for. Why should we have to pay more than you because we're forced to pay for dry-cleaning every time we've sat next to a smoker! :eek:

Don't you usually pay to dry clean your clothes anyway? I do. I think the smokers all so pay for the fresh air, but I haven't seen that noted on the Princess website. Maybe it is another suite perk? you think?

OK, I know we really don't call them "alcoholic foods"...

Reading the CC boards one could safely assume that the purpose of vacation is to relax and the best way to do that is to drink. I don't drink because of my religious beliefs, but to each his own. It doesn't bother me that other people do.

What does bother me is how many foods on the dining room menu have a liquor component. I'm not talking about a sauce that's been cooked and all that's left is the lovely flavor. I'm talking about the liqueur that's poured directly on the fruited appetizer plate, or poured on a dessert, or in some other way is served straight from the bottle. I'm not opposed to that being done sometimes, but there were nights on my recent Dawn cruise that the menu ended up having very limited choices because of the alcohol.

Now, I imagine many of you reading this will think this is a piddly thing to worry about, but it's a real issue for me. Just in case someone from Princess does read this, please look at the menus with this in mind.

OK, now I have a second comment since I'm thinking of the dining room menu. Could Princess change their menus sometime? I've cruised on Princess 4 times now and I know the menus haven't changed in the last several years. They want repeat customers, but we would like to see some new offerings!

I'll get off my soapbox now...

Carol

What?! I cannot get a litre of gin and a few tonics for a ridiculous price to enjoy on my balcony? Sheesh!:p

My request for my first cruise with Princess is to allow us to purchase a decent amount of liquor for a decent..although higher than normal retail....price.

What?! I cannot get a litre of gin and a few tonics for a ridiculous price to enjoy on my balcony? Sheesh!:p

My request for my first cruise with Princess is to allow us to purchase a decent amount of liquor for a decent..although higher than normal retail....price.

My request as well.

You can purchase a 375ml bottle of Bombay Sapphire and 3 cans of tonic for $22.:eek:

Mike:)

Life's not perfect, nor are any of us. Yes the lines have been reading this site as others. What I'd like to stop on my cruises is the wanna be cruisers. They come on and try to convince others they are special for some reason or other, I own have of the city of "who cares". Who cares?

Go enjoy, be yourself make friends, and if the beds lumpy stay home and save money.

Some will complain even if hung with a new rope. Al I ask is keep the ship floating.

As long as I wake up on the right side of dirt I'm happy!!:) :rolleyes:

Princess if your reading I'll be on the Grand again in January. I have a guarantee inside. Won't tell you I'm a platinum member or a stock holder. But if you feel the need to move me to a inside obstructed view I won't complain.

Smiles to all:)

Princess if your reading I'll be on the Grand again in January. I have a guarantee inside. Won't tell you I'm a platinum member or a stock holder. But if you feel the need to move me to a inside obstructed view I won't complain.

I'm new on Princess. Aren't all inside cabins obstructed view?

Wally, wouldn't an inside obstructed view mean that you are already in an inside cabin? An inside obstructed view doesn't exist, I think. :-)

Hey, Thebox --

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you kidding, CruisingAlaska?

Because I'm paying the same price as you are and would like to smoke in the ambiance that I've purchased. Yeeshhh!

<sigh> At the risk of starting a thread drift and flame war, are *you* kidding? If you can figure out a way not to exhale, go ahead and smoke. But when a smoker hangs over the balcony rail 4 cabins forward of mine and stinks up my air with his exhalations, that's not right, either.

My request as well.

You can purchase a 375ml bottle of Bombay Sapphire and 3 cans of tonic for $22.:eek:

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but the gin no longer comes with 3 cans of soda, those must be purchased seperately. But the price of the booze remains about the same.

Don't shoot the messenger....................... :(

I sure wish Princess would read my post. Hubby and I are sailing on the Crown 11/2/08 and have an inside cabin. I called to upgrade to a balcony cabin. Got it all squared away, gave them a credit card number, got a fax with my new room number and I was SO excited. Until...

they called to tell me that since the credit card used was not in my name I could not keep that cabin and would have to be put back to our inside cabin!! My boss wanted to pay for the upgrade as a wedding gift to us but NOOO Princess will not allow that to happen. They wouldn't even allow us to send in a check! Hubby and I do not carry nor want to have credit cards so it was impossible for us to upgrade...but ya know what???

We are gonna have just as much fun with out inside cabin!! We are just so thrilled to be going!!

Just my 2cents for Princess...I still love ya but your policys are sometimes crazy!!

Speaking of coffee. Our last cruise was on RCCI ship, Freedom of the Seas and previously years before on the Voyager. The Freedom had a Seatle's Best coffee house on the Promonade with 24 hour's of coffee. We usually made this our midnight or later stop for a cup (decaff ofcourse) and some sandwich or muffin or whatever goody they had in the case and just sat and people watched. Will be on the Island in Feb. Do they have any such thing? Are you listening Princess? If not what an addition this would make!!

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but the gin no longer comes with 3 cans of soda, those must be purchased seperately. But the price of the booze remains about the same.

Don't shoot the messenger....................... :(

Of course, just another senior moment. I knew that. It used to come with the tonic when it was $17 and now that it is $22 they can't afford to include the mixer.:o

I haven't been happy with the situation since they decided to quit selling liters.:(

dear princess,

(be)for(e) christmas, i would like:

1. free soda--we call it 'pop'

2. no reservations in AD-i don't mind traditionalists coming to AD, but they should get in line as well.

3. looking forward to my first muts, but i think the previous posters are correct: night-time only.

4. better beds!

that's it for now...

OK, I know we really don't call them "alcoholic foods"...

What does bother me is how many foods on the dining room menu have a liquor component. I'm not talking about a sauce that's been cooked and all that's left is the lovely flavor. I'm talking about the liqueur that's poured directly on the fruited appetizer plate, or poured on a dessert, or in some other way is served straight from the bottle. I'm not opposed to that being done sometimes, but there were nights on my recent Dawn cruise that the menu ended up having very limited choices because of the alcohol.

Carol

All you have to do is ask for the alcohol not to put on the plate, or a dessert without the sauces. They will do it very readily.

The last night of our 12 NT Emerald Princess cruise in June, we thought we'd catch movies under the stars as advertised in the Patter since we had missed it all cruise.. After planning our eating arrangements and packing to do this, we found that although the advertised concerts were playing, there were no pads on the chairs, no blankets, no popcorn...no nothing...A few of us found some chair pads and beach towels and sat huddled under the towels. Some ambience. (An attendant finally did find us and asked if we needed anything to drink.) Also, the next morning the phones were programmed with welcome aboard calls and our wake up call, scheduled for 6:15 in the morning never came. Talk about feeling thrown off the ship. I do believe the cruise doesn't end until we dock at our final port. The cruise was marvelous, probably our best on Princess,but at the end.......grrrr. You should know you want your customer to leave on a good note. It only takes a second to reprogram your phones. You could have at least waited a couple of hours. Also, if you advertise an event for the last night, please hold it just the way you would have earlier in the cruise. We were really disappointed as we had never been on a ship that had MUTS before and really wanted to try it.

Hi There Princess,

I do know who reads CC if this as policy or as interest I can not say, but I will say a big thank you for

1. ... on day two

2. ... one day three

3. ... and ..... on day four

4. .... and ... and ... and ... on day five

5. ..... on day six

6. .... and ... on day seven

7. .....on day eight

8. ..... and ... on day nine

9. .... on day ten

Sorry folks but I was requested not to tell, so you will just have to guess,

but Princess folk can be very very nice and can say thank you to you for being nice in so many ways.

yours Shogun

Hi There Princess,

I do know who reads CC if this as policy or as interest I can not say, but I will say a big thank you for

1. ... on day two

2. ... one day three

3. ... and ..... on day four

4. .... and ... and ... and ... on day five

5. ..... on day six

6. .... and ... on day seven

7. .....on day eight

8. ..... and ... on day nine

9. .... on day ten

Sorry folks but I was requested not to tell, so you will just have to guess,

but Princess folk can be very very nice and can say thank you to you for being nice in so many ways.

yours Shogun

You lost me. :confused:

I agree with the above posters, either make it really "Anytime" (no reservations) or drop the whole idea. If someone wants to eat at a definite time, they should book Traditional Dining, IMO.

The problem is that the Traditional Dining gets filled quickly. We just booked a Christmas cruise on Ruby and we are 95th on the wait list for the early seating. If we can't get Traditional Dining we might not go.

I really loved our last cruise on Coral but we cannot risk having 5 hungry kids ready to eat at 6PM and being told that we have to wait until 8:15 to eat. Additionally, who wants to get up at 8AM when they are on vacation?

So-Princess if you are are really reading these boards you need to FIX YOUR DINING PROBLEMS.

Archived