Princess Corp is watching!

cascole

well I seriously hope Princess reads this........ I booked another Princess cruise from an offer I received for a free upgrade. Called Princess tonight, and apparently my upgrade offer is an OV for the price of an interior....the offer for the free upgrade was for an interior as well, wonder what I would have gotten if I booked the interior cabin? Both were the same price of $499.00

Maybe an OV????? Talk about false advertising, don't book offer code PEA, it is very misleading! :mad:

I just got off the Dawn and do not understand the comments about "bad" coffee. I am a coffee addict and thought that the coffee was just fine! So there!

I wonder if we Brits are at fault for the coffee

quality, most of us just drink "instant" coffee so we don't have much taste, and of course Princess used to be British owned.

But please Princess, if you are reading this thread, go for something a bit better than Starbucks, think fresh brewed from a mediterannean sea front cafe instead.

One party of a stateroom for 2 needs to cancel - for whatever reason, and the other party still wants to go on the cruise. Both parties have paid for the Princess cruise & the insurance so Princess has received their money for 2 in the stateroom. I've been told by my friend whose husband can't come she will need to pay for being in the stateroom liked she booked it to be alone. Do you follow? In other words Princess will charge her 1 & 1/2 times for the stateroom even though her husband has already paid. Does this make sense? Isn't this a ripoff?

Shogun! how nice of you to really thank the Princess people! That is the one thing that I noticed on our last cruise on the Emerald, so many passengers just berated the crew when they truly were trying their best to do their jobs. I rarely heard a passenger thank any crew member for their assistance, it was so embarassing sometimes....it was the Seinfeld Episode cruise for those that remember KC's review.

My guess on your thank you's, was it the canapes' in the evenings?

well I seriously hope Princess reads this........ I booked another Princess cruise from an offer I received for a free upgrade. Called Princess tonight, and apparently my upgrade offer is an OV for the price of an interior....the offer for the free upgrade was for an interior as well, wonder what I would have gotten if I booked the interior cabin? Both were the same price of $499.00

Maybe an OV????? Talk about false advertising, don't book offer code PEA, it is very misleading! :mad:

The offer for the upgrade gives you the choice, some prefer an interior on say , Lido to an oceanview lower down on the ship. In most cases, the interior staterooms have increasing prices based on the location, but the offer says you can either have any interior or the ov at that price. without the promo, you would pay more for the ov, or more for say a category II than a category M. You have your pick. I'm not sure what is so awful there. JMO

If Princess really read cruise critic they'd do something to correct the gross inequity with our UK and Aussie friends paying so much more and not being able to book until itineraries are almost sold out. :(

If Princess really cared, they'd let any travel agent in the world sell a cruise to anyone - it's the internet Princess !! :mad:

If Princess does read these posts please read my recent review of the Pacific Princess Holyland Cruise in the review section of these boards. Hutch was our port lecturer and provided excellent information to all. Please keep the program going. Thank you.

Hi Princess, if you're reading this, we're thinking of booking an Island Princess cruise for late 2009. None of these problems sound awful to us, so if we come aboard, prepare to relax and enjoy us!

However, I have to say that I think expanding the past-cruise member club to all affiliates (like all of Carnival's) would be a great idea.

If Princess really read cruise critic they'd do something to correct the gross inequity with our UK and Aussie friends paying so much more and not being able to book until itineraries are almost sold out. :(

If Princess really cared, they'd let any travel agent in the world sell a cruise to anyone - it's the internet Princess !! :mad:

And so say all of us!

• 9 months later...
I just had to share the most incredible thing... and confirmation that Princess does read reviews here & take them seriously!

I posted my review very recently which included praise for service I received in the Wheelhouse bar on Golden Princess. This morning, I received a thank you note via email from one of the bartenders... Evidently, the 'big boss from the LA office came on board Golden for inspection of the bars department' & singled out the employees I mentioned in order to give them acolades! Very cool!

How do I know that the 'big boss' knew my experience from this site & not from my comment card??? ... whoever it is specifically mentioned 'Cucumber Martini Girls', and this is the only place I used that reference.

Very Cool indeed! (I think my impressions of Princess just went up again!)

I know that one PSD(James Deering) does read the roll calls for Princess and shows up at some of the meet & greets. Very cool. There may be other(PSD's), but this is the one that I know of first handed. He came to our meet & greet on the Crown a few years ago. Thanks James.:)

Dear Princess;

I wish you would follow the lead of someother lines and require a doctors' letter before allowing a pax to book a handicap/accessable cabin. My wife is disabled with MS and now requires such a cabin. It has been stated on these boards that inconsiderate able-bodied people book them thus making them unavailable to those who really need them.:mad:

Thank you for your consideration.

This must be very frustrating. I see this same thing in many situations. I would like to comment on some of the seemingly able-bodied passengers though. My aunt recently sailed with us and was in a handicap cabin. Generally speaking, she appears very able-bodied, accept that the walks slowly and can't do stairs because of bad knees. But she had a handicapped cabin because she can not stand up from a low toilet seat, and the only way she can guarantee a high seat is to request a handicapped cabin. There are surely others like her, and if the ships had high toilet seats, and passengers could know that ahead of time, it would be helpful.:)

This is really a tip for all cruiselines....install a cubby area near the pool, where people can put their pool shoes and towel and sunglasses. It should be like a bookcase, but with 12'x12' "boxy" areas Many people, myself included, have no desire to sit in a chair, but are just looking for a place to call home for what we bring with us to the pool....cabin card, towel, pool shoes, sunglasses and stuff like that. I never need a chair, but I use one/take one out of commission for those who want to sit in the sun, since there are no storage cubbies.

I was going to inquire in a new post whether Princess read our

comments here.

It's good that I stumbled upon this thread and found that they do.

Though I haven't read all 11+ pages I am hoping a year later things

have not changed.

I run one of the largest websites on the Internet with a forum like this

one devoted to DVD releases. The studios read the opinions of our members

on an almost daily basis. Those opinions helped them improve their DVD

releases back in 1997 in the same way as it is helping to improve Blu-ray today.

The point I am making is that any smart company is going to seek

feedback from their customers and what a better place for Princess

to look than Cruise Critic which without doubt is the most popular cruise

feedback venue on the Internet. I am amazed not only by the amount of

posts that appear here daily, but by the friendly attitude of the members

that inhabit it.

Princess should designate non-smoking and smoking balcony rooms. That way the smokers can have their space and the non-smokers won't be bothered by the smoke.

I posted that same thing once (either starboard or port sideds could be non-smoking) and some nice fellow critic told me to take a hike to Celebrity. :eek:

I posted that same thing once (either starboard or port sideds could be non-smoking) and some nice fellow critic told me to take a hike to Celebrity. :eek:

I guess people get a little bit touchy sometimes on these boards. I'm not saying ban smoking on balconies, just designate areas for the non-smokers and smokers so everyone can be happy and enjoy themselves.

Princess should designate non-smoking and smoking balcony rooms. That way the smokers can have their space and the non-smokers won't be bothered by the smoke.

Well I don't disagree with you, but the logistics would be nuts. What happens when the non-smoking side sells out and you want to sail as a non-smoker? instead of taking a chance you have a smoker next to you, you're now guaranteed to be smack bang in the middle of the 10 of them. No thanks, I'll take my chances.

Princess I thnik it just fine to offer the suite passengers the Sabatini breakfast as part of their suite experience. I hope that you will consider adding it as an extra fee like Sabatinis in the evening and the Crown Grill. It would be soooo nice to enjoy it once or twice on a long cruise.

Well I don't disagree with you, but the logistics would be nuts. What happens when the non-smoking side sells out and you want to sail as a non-smoker? instead of taking a chance you have a smoker next to you, you're now guaranteed to be smack bang in the middle of the 10 of them. No thanks, I'll take my chances.

How true. I didn't look at it that way.

Of the cruise lines I've sailed on, Princess is my favorite.

Every now and then there is an irritating issue we deal with, but the pluses outweigh these.

I am certainly hoping for a price drop in the 2010 cruises though, as Celebrity is offering something similar to my Med. Adventurer 2010 cruise, but their starting price for a balcony cabin is much more reasonable.

Also, appreciate when the Princess reps. are pleasant on the phone. A little inservice might be needed here.

I'd like to see more cruises from California to Australia/New Zealand return, to cut out the flying, and allow time on land there before the return.

When would the office staff get the time to read these posts as it takes them OVER 6 WEEKS to acknowledge let alone deal with letter and e-mails which are sent to them directly to their office?????

It often takes 4/5 repeat e-mails and snail mail to get an answer and then it is often - "contact someone else"?????????

It really has to be a" customer NO service office ":(

How about banning smoking in cabins period like most hotels and dining venues due now, they dont allow you to use candles due to it being a fire hazard, well smoking in your cabin or your balcony is a fire hazard and should be banned. Not to mention that once the smoke smell gets into to furniture it doesnt come out, but it should come down to safety, its not safe to smoke in the cabins IMHO. but i think the Cruise lines would lose to much money if they took that stance.

Archived