What's Free and What's Not

CycleGirl1

ice cream in the afternoon (for about half an hour in the buffet
Excellent summary. One correction is that the ice cream in the buffet is a make-your-own sundae bar and is an hour long. It's usually from 3 - 4PM or 3:30 - 4:30PM

ice cream extra, international cafe extra, vines extra, pizza rs extra, speciality restaruants extra, dinner in room extra, breakfast in room extra, "chefs table" extra

Only a few items in the International Cafe have a fee, and they are clearly labeled. Most items are free/included in your fare.

Also, at Vines, the cheese and crackers have no additional fee.

From personal experience I can tell you that they charge $1.73 incl tip if you order a glass of chocolate milk in the dining room at lunch. If you are a child or if you want plain milk it is free but the teaspoon of chocolate is $1.73 if you are an adult. Dumb:mad:

Thanks for all of the replies! These lists are great. I've taken the information you've given me and cut and pasted it together. The list of "pay for" items was long, so I split it into Food & Beverage and Everything Else. Here it is.

Free Stuff

• water, coffee, tea, and during breakfast milk and some juices

Milk (not chocolate milk) is available at no additional charge at all meals in the restaurants and at the buffet. At times other than breakfast you may need to ask for it at the buffet, but they will get it for you happily at no charge.

Just a side note on juices...they no longer serve cranberry juice for free at any time. Even at breakfast.

When did this start? IIRC, the only juices Princess had available for breakfast were cranberry juice and orange juice (at the buffet). If they no longer serve cranberry juice, what juice besides orange juice is available for breakfast?

When did this start? IIRC, the only juices Princess had available for breakfast were cranberry juice and orange juice (at the buffet). If they no longer serve cranberry juice, what juice besides orange juice is available for breakfast?

Is this true? Last year on HAL's Volendam there was orange, cranberry, apple, pineapple, tomato, V8, prune and at least one more I'm not remembering.

It didn't start. :) At least as recently as May. You can get orange juice, cranberry juice, apple juice, and grapefruit juice either in the dining room or buffet. They may very well have more variety -- just ask if they don't have it out.

Soft serve is available in the buffet area. Ben and Jerry's you pay for.

If you are wine drinkers, pack some wine. You can take your own bottle to dinner and pay to have them open it. Occasionally a waiter won't charge us an opening fee, so then we are really with a $10 tip to slip his/her way. Or you can take an opener and open it yourself before going to dinner.

Soft drinks are a expensive charge, so if you drink soda often buy the sticker. You can walk up to any bar and get all the soft drinks you want.

Have never seen free soft serve Ice cream on Princess,only the homemade (and yummy) in the dining room and the afternoon Sundae Bar in the Horizon Court.

Only other option (incluing the softserve) is the Ice Cream stand on deck near the pool and they charge for everything

We just got off the Grand in May. This May. Cranberry juice was not available in the dining room for breakfast, nor from room service, nor from the buffet. Yes I did ask. A waiter from the buffet brought me a glass from a bar with a charge slip.

Other juices available were orange, grapefruit and prune.

Did not intend to give people "incorrect information". This was our experience over 27 days on the Grand.

I ended up buying some in port.

We just got off the Grand in May. This May. Cranberry juice was not available in the dining room for breakfast, nor from room service, nor from the buffet. Yes I did ask. A waiter from the buffet brought me a glass from a bar with a charge slip.

Other juices available were orange, grapefruit and prune.

Did not intend to give people "incorrect information". This was our experience over 27 days on the Grand.

I ended up buying some in port.

Could it have been that they ran out of the juice for the dining areas and only had enough left for the bars. Just a thought.

Well, we were on a b2b, turnaround day was FLL, so it seems they could have easily restocked.

I was told that this was part of cost cutting. Perhaps the Grand is the only victim so far.....Have no idea why Cranberry juice would be any more expensive than any other juice though.

Soft serve is available in the buffet area. Ben and Jerry's you pay for.

If you are wine drinkers, pack some wine. You can take your own bottle to dinner and pay to have them open it. Occasionally a waiter won't charge us an opening fee, so then we are really with a $10 tip to slip his/her way. Or you can take an opener and open it yourself before going to dinner.

Soft drinks are a expensive charge, so if you drink soda often buy the sticker. You can walk up to any bar and get all the soft drinks you want.

Openers fee?? My preferred wine is direct from Sicily from family and is not corked. So I would be charged a fee for a waiter to take a twist top off?

Well I guess not but would they have a problem with that?

Archived