AFT CABIN Eurodam New England Itinerary Good Choice???

COLLEYBERRY

We are Sailing on the Eurodam this Sept out of New York.We have booked

aft cabin( only our second cruise and find the wake mesmerising)However

wondering if this will work well for New England Cruise.Do you sail close to coast? How much motion is there really in an aft cabin.?? I am just so glad to be going I would really be happy anywhere on board. but thanks for any input.

We booked an aft cabin for our Eurodam cruise next week. We have read so many good things about being back there that we want to try it. You can watch the wake, as you noted. You can also view port and starboard scenery at the same time. I can tell you more after we return from the Eurodam.

You must be so excited ,have a wonderful voyage!! Our reason for choosing was was just like yours(get to see both sides ,just after everyone else LOL)

Have a wee peek at deck four will ya?? I cant believe right out of the gate to get first hand input .This forum is truly wonderful.We are so new to cruising,but just love it.

We sail every summer on Maasdam for Canada/New England itinerary and love it. We are doing it again in August.

Our ports are Boston, Charlottetown (PEI), Halifax, Sydney (Nova Scotia), Quebec City, Montreal and Bar Harbor.

The only land we see while sailing is the scenic cruising along St. Lawrence into Saguenay Fjord. You will definitely see land on the Saguenay. If I recall correctly, Eurodam will still sail there but I know that Maasdam no longer does. An aft veranda will be nice on that day. We prefer midship Suites. The one time we had an aft balcony (on a different cruise line) we found we didn't care for it.) Other people LOVE it. It's just personal preference.

But, we cruise on to Montreal while Eurodam cannot as she is too tall to sail under the bridge.

You should have a fabulous cruise!

Thank you for your reply. The ports are similar on our itinerary,save for NewPort instead of Bar Harbour and we also stop in St. John NB.

We love Montreal both our children attended university there, would be exciting to sail into. Our one only and cruise prior was an SY midship inside passage Alaska. Didn't feel a ripple !!! But it is all such an adventure I am open to it all. Have a wonderful cruise. Thanks again!!

Oh, you probably already know but it is Quebec Citys' 400 th Anniversary this year and our dear Anne of Green Gables is 100. making it extra special for this years cruising. Have a great trip.

Oh, you probably already know but it is Quebec Citys' 400 th Anniversary this year and our dear Anne of Green Gables is 100. making it extra special for this years cruising. Have a great trip.

Is there any special celebration planned in Quebec City that we might be able to enjoy? We wil be there on August 22 and again on August 24.

Also.....Is there anything special they are doing at Anne of Green Gables house we wouldn't want to miss?

We have cruised to Newport twice (last year) and LOVED it. We also have sailed three of four times to St. John and like it better than Sydney.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

There are great web sites devoted to both occasions.I am not very computer literate.I just typed in Quebec City 400 and Anne of Green 100 and up pops the Web sites with Calender of events etc.Hope you find something of interest.

We are planning on heading out on foot( bus) ourselves in Newport .Is this a good idea??

We thought we would do the Cliff Walk and view the Breakers if we felt like it. Plan morning mansion hike and then return to the port and enjoy what it has to offer. Gotta love this forum as a resource.!!

You are very able to do Newport on your own. Cliff walk and a view of the 'cottages' (mansions) is an excellent idea.

When you head back to the ship, if you feel like shopping, there's a very nice, clean, new shopping area more upscale than you find at almost all other ports, very near the dock. We really enjoy Newport.

We thought we would do the Cliff Walk and view the Breakers if we felt like it. Plan morning mansion hike and then return to the port and enjoy what it has to offer. Gotta love this forum as a resource.!!

Cliff Walk is nice and easy if you start at the Blvd. end, but gets dangerous later on. Just be aware.

The Breakers is over the top opulent! It's gorgeous! I happen to love Marble House, and could move in to Rosecliff tomorrow. There's combination tickets available so you can tour several cottages at reduced cost.

If you're interested in tennis, the International Hall of Fame is an easy (even I can do it) walk from the tender park to Bellevue Ave.

It's an interesting place to visit---and the building itself is very interesting.

We booked an aft cabin for our Eurodam cruise next week. We have read so many good things about being back there that we want to try it. You can watch the wake, as you noted. You can also view port and starboard scenery at the same time. I can tell you more after we return from the Eurodam.

What Deck are you on? We are in an aft cabing on Deck 4. It's a VB... You'll have to take lots of pictures so we can get an idea of what it will be like. It looks like the aft cabins on the Eurodam are all covered. Can't wait to read your report and see your pics:)

The one photo I have seen of the aft, (angled shot)the 4th deck appears to be somewhat deeper. I guess we will just have to wait for the first hand accounts.Is it Sept. yet???

Thanks to all for Newport input, so looking forward to this port now.

We are sailing out of New York (is it as fabulous as everyone says??)should our aft balcony give us good photo opts or would you suggest going up on deck.Also we sail on Labour day will Manhattan be less busy??( I understand New York never sleeeps lol)We have an early morning short flight from home day of cruise(please don't let this be a mistake)Hoping traffic won't be an issuse. Thanks for input.

Archived