Who is Going to Watch?

sail7seas

Wondering how many of us are planning to watch the streaming video of Eurodam's Dedication tomorrow morning?

I hope to see it..... hope there are no difficulties with the site or whatever that messes up our watching.

The Blessing they will Give to Eurodam's Bell.

Blessing of the Ship’s Bell

We bless the bell of the Eurodam

as an extension of this vessel.

We wish upon the Eurodam

Fair winds and a following sea.

We wish safety for her operation…

Wisdom for her officers…

Good health to her crew…

And comfort for her guests.

I'm excited to watch....... seeing we had to cancel our plans to be there in person.

Do you know where I could find the link for the video of this and what time it will be at (Eastern time in the US)?

I'd like to watch it, as I'm sailing on the maiden voyage in a couple weeks.

Do you know where I could find the link for the video of this and what time it will be at (Eastern time in the US)?

I'd like to watch it, as I'm sailing on the maiden voyage in a couple weeks.

There is a link on the HAL website. Just under 16 hours from now...

BTW, we will be watching. We have to take the cat for grooming early tomorrow but plan to hurry home from dropping her off ;-).

Really don't know -- just got back on line after another bad afternoon of storms and powere going off and on. We have had this for 5 days now.

Yesterday at 5 PM we went under a tornado watch for over 2 hours. At 5:45 we had winds over 60 miles per hour. One community is still waiting to find out if all the damage done was due to a tonado.

No break in sight.

I'll be watching, for sure. I've sat at this computer and watched the Noordam leave NYC countless times, so why not this exciting event.:D

Sail, other than having a video aimed at your computer, I can't imagine how to record it. However, we've established earlier that neither of us is a wiz in this department.:rolleyes: I do think they will have it on the blog for a while, but that doesn't accomplish downloading it.

Anyone know about how long it will be?

Being a West Coaster it is early for us but the real problem is that it has to be on a Tuesday the one day of the week that I have to be at work by 7:30 for a Management Meeting. In order to be there on time I must leave my house no later than 7 AM. ( I can just see me telling the General Manager of our dealership that I cannot make the weekly meeting because I have to watch a Live PodCast of a ship's Inaugural:D ) So the plan is to get up extra early so I can at least watch a whole 15 minutes of the festivities:o I am definitely hoping that it can be replyed for later viewing. It is Tom's day off but I think he is thinking of getting up to watch it as well.

I am also hoping there will not be a connection problem with so many loyal Mariners that want to see that Grand Event.

I'll ask again.........

Fingers crossed someone knows a way we can make a copy of a streaming video????

Thanks if you can help this computer idiot. :o

If I knew I would have told you by now! :) Maybe ... just maybe ... HAL will record it and put it on their site. Or on the eurodamnews part.

If I knew I would have told you by now! :) Maybe ... just maybe ... HAL will record it and put it on their site. Or on the eurodamnews part.

Considering the great interest on the boards, HAL would be very smart to do that! What great advertising for a ship!

I will be up bright and early to watch it from our camp on in Beautiful British Columbia on CANADA DAY We are 141 years old!!!!!!! The broadcast is at 6:45 a.m. so you have to be up VERY early. Have fun!!!!!!:D :D

Wondering how many of us are planning to watch the streaming video of Eurodam's Dedication tomorrow morning?

[/b]

I'm busting my hump at work right now trying to get a jump on monthly advertising billing so that I will have some free time to watch in the morning. I'll be here right up until noon (EST), but of course, the work has to take priority. Hope I can have everything sufficiently ahead of schedule so that I get an uninterrupted half hour to 45 minutes or so. I'd love to see this.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I am going to watch, will be at my desk anyway

I'll try to record, depends on the stream, i have a program that can record streaming media if you give it a URL. I'll try

What is that program, Frank? I'd like to get it for the next 'stream' I'd like to record. Thanks.

:) John...... I know you would have and ALWAYS HUGELY appreciate all your help. I count on you so much to help me out with my computer idiot questions and I thank you very much. :)

Archived